Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Sometimes i'm bored and i join normal/heroic highmaul and brf pugs on my main(720 ilvl and every raid achievement but cutting edge archi obviously) and people still decline me because my class is really bad apparently or im an elitist because i linked cutting edge instead of AoTC. Most successful pugs ive seen are pugs where the leader isnt like LFM h brf 10/10h aotc leader 685+ ilvl know fights blablabla, worst pug i've joined was a pug led by a 5/10mythic guild where everyone sounded like douchebag everytime someone would ask a simple question like 2 or 3 boats on maidens. Most of the time people i've seen in pugs are average player, some are really good and some are really bad or inexperienced, but on my alts i dont try and join pugs i just make my own group and set the ilvl requirement to something decent like h brf i set it to 670. That's why i hate lfg half the people are just wannabe elitists that think they are god at this game because they have AoTC but still cant manage mechanics and blame everyone else, if i fail at some mechanic i wont blame the healer for not healing me through it, i will blame myself.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-08-03 at 11:54 PM.

And let's not forget about people who bought Archi HC kill just to get in groups or feel satisfied seeing the achievement on their armory...when in fact they really know nothing about the boss. Pathetic

Deleted
    What do you expect from a tool where people select based on achievements ordered by ilevel?

What do you expect from a grouping up mechanism that entirely is based on the aegis of a self proclaimed raidleader?

I don't see what Cross Realm has to do with this. This sort of thing has existed since vanilla. it was prevalent in Woltk especially. Except in wotlk it was done manually through trade chat, that ilvl addon thing, asking for proof of progress (or just the achievement really) and you spent much more time committing to the forming of a group until you realized it was a jerkoff setup.

It is part and parcel of any mmo community surrounding the creation of groups, whether done manually or through an ingame system.

Don't blame the tool for how jerkoffs decide to use it. I keep reading here how people are not happy with "group finder" when what they really mean is they aren't happy with other people.

best to avoid them entirely. Don't burn down neighborhood when you can just not go to the problematic neighbors.

search for a good group, make your own, find a good group of people to consistently do this stuff with. Real ID is great for that. Don't stay an island.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-08-04 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    I've been pugging HFC HC and in all honesty, the most successful groups are those which require relevant XP (Archi HC kill for Archi, etc) and decent ilvl. Which means that if I get to choose, I will join those "retarded elitist groups full of asshats" rather than reprogress the whole instance every week. Which obviously doesn't mean there aren't successful groups which have people without curve and so on. I just don't get it why people get so mad about being declined. Every time I've looked, there are tons of different groups with very different requirements - do people get pissed at not being able to join potentially the best groups or what?
    Exactly.

I don't pug much but I would rather join a group with a relatively high ilvl requirement and achievement requirement. It reduces the chance that the group will be fail, simple as that.

It doesn't guarantee anything, just improves your odds.

If the pug leader is lying about his/her 'credentials', then I would avoid the group since he/she is probably a moron trying to get a carry by lying.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-04 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I don't see what Cross Realm has to do with this. This sort of thing has existed since vanilla. it was prevalent in Woltk especially. Except in wotlk it was done manually through trade chat, that ilvl addon thing, asking for proof of progress (or just the achievement really) and you spent much more time committing to the forming of a group until you realized it was a jerkoff setup.
    In Vanilla, BC, and Wrath many servers simply 'didnt pug'. If you weren't in a raiding guild, you didn't raid. Period.

That meant you needed a certain modicum of social ability and performance to keep your raid slot, otherwise you'd get the 'Eh, !@#$ this. I'm not dealing with you anymore, /gkick'.

As its gotten easier and easier to pug, any expectations of behavior or performance have disappeared. I'm not saying 'oh, this guy's only pulling 20k dps, and in that gear he should be doing 25-30k dps', I mean... 'uhh... that hunter's just sitting there afk'ing thru the whole fight ?'.

And nowadays, without even the option for Raidleaders to reserve BoEs, there's pretty much no incentive to lead a pug on content you don't personally benefit from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
    And let's not forget about people who bought Archi HC kill just to get in groups or feel satisfied seeing the achievement on their armory...when in fact they really know nothing about the boss. Pathetic
    well with this community that thinks "achievement=everything"
    why not buy it? only did it during FL because i cared . now some weeks i dont even have time to do any raid at all and clearly i dont have free time to join a raiding guild to have a second job

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    In Vanilla, BC, and Wrath many servers simply 'didnt pug'. If you weren't in a raiding guild, you didn't raid. Period.
    That might be true for vanilla and BC, but Wrath is where puging really become a ting. I played on a rather sad/low pop RP server back then, and even there you had pugs for the raids. Not for heroic mode, but normal mode; more then then enough pugs around for that.

The cancer of insane demands have been around for 10 years it has nothing to do with LFD just go back to wrath and to do 10 man ICC you needed a mix of 25man and 25man heroic gear to be "geared" enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

That meant you needed a certain modicum of social ability and performance to keep your raid slot, otherwise you'd get the 'Eh, !@#$ this. I'm not dealing with you anymore, /gkick'.

As its gotten easier and easier to pug, any expectations of behavior or performance have disappeared. I'm not saying 'oh, this guy's only pulling 20k dps, and in that gear he should be doing 25-30k dps', I mean... 'uhh... that hunter's just sitting there afk'ing thru the whole fight ?'.

And nowadays, without even the option for Raidleaders to reserve BoEs, there's pretty much no incentive to lead a pug on content you don't personally benefit from.
    I have stopped leading pugs due to no gains from running them since you cant get the boe's anymore

I very specifically remember pugs being prevalent in Wotlk for all raids (the one's on my server, at their most successful, never got past Saurfang though, infact most ICC pugs were mainly there to do Mr Bones at the door for the random-boss raid emblem quest when ICC was chosen). It especially became intense for the argent tourney, which seemed to especially cater to pugs.

People were in a frenzy over ilvls in those days based on that one addon. Makes todays focus on ilvl look like sesame street. err what was it called in those days? Ah yes "GearScore". GS level, etc.

Those were dark days.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main issue with joining groups in Group Finder is the way that half the group leaves if anyone dies ever. I mean, come on... you're joining a PUG group... ok you don't want to be progressing on a boss for 3-4 hours without any kills but a few wipes are going to be expected with a group of total randoms. If your first pull is a wipe at 5%... it's really irritating when half the raid is like "FFS NOOBS" and they all immediately leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishiyumi View Post
    well with this community that thinks "achievement=everything"
    why not buy it?
    That is so tempting to do. Buy the achievement and then screw with PuG who demand achievement because hey I have Achieve!!

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    I have stopped leading pugs due to no gains from running them since you cant get the boe's anymore
    But look at the bright side, now there aren't as many complains on ninja looting BoE's in HFC. Win for Blizzard CS and loss for PuG Leaders?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The majority of the people crying about "high demands" and cant get into ANY groups are the ones which people want to keep out. Know what you're doing most of the time will keep you in a group more than some acheive will. People can get carried through runs and achieves. I have alts which have been mostly PUG geared and run, cleared through heroic raids by PUGs, even those which I rolled on another server as another faction.

Just too much QQ and not trying hard enough to earn your spots
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ccessfully-PUG

Still holds on my alts at 700 level from PUG HFC runs, 95% of which dont even ask for achieve links to get in. That's just an excuse people have made up for themselves when the group leader has many other factors to look at to pass over you

We have to do something about this?

No, no we don't.

It's the same shit it has always been. Join a group and follow their rules and do what you are told. If you can't deal with it, make your own group and run it how you see fit. It is that simple. I almost never join other people's runs, if i'm going to shit around in heroic or normal I make my own group every time because I don't want to deal with people that don't know what they are doing. I'm fairly hard on pugs that join and require them to get on voice comms, but after they kill heroic archimonde for the first time in a pug they are all pretty grateful and say they loved the run.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Make...your...own...group.

SIMPLE!