Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I love pet battles but I think the weekend is not worth it

I have a TON of pet battle achievements. I have 430+ pets (Obviously some duplicates) and I still use the dailies to level and such...but I think the XP weekend is completely pointless. Levelling pets is already extremely fast/easy, even for brand new pet battlers (Though it is longer) and I realize that is probably the goal (Getting new people into pet battling) but at the expensive of extra honor or timewalking dungeons? I don't think its worth it
    You're a towel.

It's a bit crappy. I have like 685 unique pets and a lot of the good ones are already 25. I didn't even bother with the last weekend, did it have a quest + reward?
    I might use the weekend to level pets and grind out some more for the 5k pet battle wins or whatever it is.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

For me, its quite nice. I have not that much time because of my job , so things like that are very welcome for me.

Missing the point of these weekends.
    Not just there for gear they are there to show people different aspects of the game and maybe they might try and like and do it more.

If we epeening here I have 735 unque pets with 702 at max level.
    So ya that weekend isn't a big deal for me.
    What can and will I do?
    Level good selling pets to max level and sell them.
    Which I do all the time anyway but now I can level more.

Not everything in game has to revolve around gear.
    That is why this raid or die system sucks maybe some of us want to do things for fun imagine that playing a game for fun.

It's there as a potential gateway drug to pet battles. It's not for those of us with a ton of pets already leveled.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Missing the point of these weekends.
    Not just there for gear they are there to show people different aspects of the game and maybe they might try and like and do it more.

If we epeening here I have 735 unque pets with 702 at max level.
    So ya that weekend isn't a big deal for me.
    What can and will I do?
    Level good selling pets to max level and sell them.
    Which I do all the time anyway but now I can level more.

That is why this raid or die system sucks maybe some of us want to do things for fun imagine that playing a game for fun.
    Someone is salty.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Levelling pets is already extremely fast/easy, even for brand new pet battlers (Though it is longer) and I realize that is probably the goal (Getting new people into pet battling) but at the expensive of extra honor or timewalking dungeons? I don't think its worth it
    how many of your pets are max level? i personally have over 700 unique pets, 99% of which are level 25. you dont want to know how many hundreds of hours this took.

I have 598 unique pets, struggled in the CT just cuz I hadn't leveled the right pets to 25. Like, the guides would say Ghostly Skull, a couple Zand Raptors, the undead jamming dude etc and I'd have them, but they would be level 1-10 and I wouldn't have a good enough replacement. So, this event lets me get those guys rounded out, double and triple max Mr. Bigglesworths, Idols, Valk'yrs, etc

See, my issue was brutal forcing too many things, vs defense and debuffs. Vis Glob was only level 8 cuz lol but now I'm like, woah dude, that's handy. Needless to say, i couldn't get all the legendary dudes down, so I needed (just started this week) to regroup and level the right pets, not just the cute ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Someone is salty.
    Not salty just sick of tired the non-stop complaining.
    These weekend events are something cool that blizz has started and someone is already complaining about it?
    They don't even have all the pets or all of them at max level and yet are going to complain about a weekend of bonus pet stuff?
    Possiblely it also is aimed at getting more people into it since the leveling of the first few pets to 25 is a bit of a pain.
    Making it easier might get more doing it.
    I was pointing out I have a ton more done in pet battling then them and I can even find things to do that weekend.
    I have every pet battling achievement even 5000 pvp wins(which I got during mop).
    Yet I don't start a thread complaining about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I have 598 unique pets, struggled in the CT just cuz I hadn't leveled the right pets to 25. Like, the guides would say Ghostly Skull, a couple Zand Raptors, the undead jamming dude etc and I'd have them, but they would be level 1-10 and I wouldn't have a good enough replacement. So, this event lets me get those guys rounded out, double and triple max Mr. Bigglesworths, Idols, Valk'yrs, etc

See, my issue was brutal forcing too many things, vs defense and debuffs. Vis Glob was only level 8 cuz lol but now I'm like, woah dude, that's handy. Needless to say, i couldn't get all the legendary dudes down, so I needed (just started this week) to regroup and level the right pets, not just the cute ones.
    Good for you it is much easier with the right pets but it does take some work.
    I am glad they are helping out players with a weekend event like this.
    The more that pet battle the better in my opinion.

Nevermind if you get into pvp pet battling and find out breed is what matters most there.
    Going back for the right breed and leveling it up takes some time.

I might level up some pets through pet battling in Draenor. More pets at level 25 can't hurt and it should help get me my monument faster. Only at ~900 at the moment. It's not even to quickly level up pets I might need, have enough charms for 600 leveling tokens with more piling up every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Actually yes it does which is the precise reason the Timewalking dungeons had a normal HFC chest anchored to it.

I'm not saying the weekends are good or bad and I agree the whole endgame of "well grats on 100 hope you raid otherwise you might as well give up now!" in WoD is fucking awful but lets be realistic. There's nothing exciting about a weekend that basically allows you to do something you can already do every hour of every other day at a faster pace.

695 pets here and im reay looking forward to it!

Short reasons are these:

1) fast leveling a variety of pets (more maxpets = more you can customize/do)
    2) leveling several rare pets to 25 just to sell/trade them
    3) the onvious lvl 25 stone ypu can get from pvp
    4) optimal "priming" of my lvl 1 pets to around lvl 8-10 in one battle (to battle against high trainerslater for leveling later)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    how many of your pets are max level? i personally have over 700 unique pets, 99% of which are level 25. you dont want to know how many hundreds of hours this took.
    Trying that right now. Yeah, im expecting a long time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue isn't the number of pets you have, I didn't say that tryin to brag... Leveling pets is already extremely fast and easy, this weekend is essentially a waste for probably 80%+ of people. They should have run it alongside a meaningful one in my opinion.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    The issue isn't the number of pets you have, I didn't say that tryin to brag... Leveling pets is already extremely fast and easy, this weekend is essentially a waste for probably 80%+ of people. They should have run it alongside a meaningful one in my opinion.
    And so is the PvP weekends and the other that special snowflake me doesnt want to participate in. If you dont like it, dont fucking do it, no big deal, and dont speak for 80%+ people when you have absolute zero facts that support that. Will your game break if you dont do pet battles during that weekend? I dont think so, so just go about your normal routine and leave the pet battling to those who care? What according to you is a usefull event? Well no matter what you say... 80%+ people dont like it.

Deleted
    "Because I don't like it it's a terrible idea, and nobody else should be allowed to enjoy it either".

Newsflash: It's a multiplayer game, not everything is aimed at pleasing you.

Deleted
    im at 600unique pets and i am looking forward to lvl up my remaining ~150ish pets to level 25

Just a question, will the XP gained from winning these battles increase aswell? Like could you perhaps level a character from 90-100 fast by doing this?

Deleted
    "While this event is active, your PETS will earn experience at triple the usual rate!"

So i highly doubt you get increased experience

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    im at 600unique pets and i am looking forward to lvl up my remaining ~150ish pets to level 25
    I just for Xu Fu, Fel Pup, Spectral Cub etc etc, this will be a good leveling weekend for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Actually yes it does which is the precise reason the Timewalking dungeons had a normal HFC chest anchored to it.

I'm not saying the weekends are good or bad and I agree the whole endgame of "well grats on 100 hope you raid otherwise you might as well give up now!" in WoD is fucking awful but lets be realistic. There's nothing exciting about a weekend that basically allows you to do something you can already do every hour of every other day at a faster pace.
    Again says you from your own narrow point of view.
    You do realize not everyone plays the game the same way for the same things right?
    Because you like or dislike something doesn't mean me or others feel the same way.
    Wish people could get thru their thick skulls that they aren't he only people in this world or game.
    Do what you like and let others do what they like.