Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Florida Man Ordered to Keep BBQ Smell on his Property

This is it. This is the dumbest thing I could've stumbled across. Of course it was Florida.

http://www.infowars.com/florida-man-...-his-property/

Glad my neighbors don't complain when I cook out.

I could understand if they were cooking a pot of Chitterlings

There was this town in California famous for making chocolate. When the weather conditions were right it would smell like chocolate for miles around. People would complain not because they didn't like the chocolate smell, but because it made them hungry for chocolate.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

that guy looks about as official as a kid in a Halloween costume pretending to be Batman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    There was this town in California famous for making chocolate. When the weather conditions were right it would smell like chocolate for miles around. People would complain not because they didn't like the chocolate smell, but because it made them hungry for chocolate.
    Oh boy I used to live for a year right next to a coffee factory. That was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mind boggles....

Deleted
    Work near a Walkers Crisp factory. Stench from it at times is disgusting, god knows what they are cooking. However at other times it smells like fresh popcorn, which makes you drool. As for keeping BBQ smell on there property, I would imagine it is possible with an extraction unit through a filtration system, sort of beats the point of a bbw though.

If the smoke was so bad i would be choking to death in your smoke stentch then yes i would complain aswel. I should also have the right to enjoy sitting in my yard not having to inhale your smoke every day

15+ Year Old Account

This is what I thought of the video.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Its pretty stupid, but its in the same legal concept of noise pollution.

Best to just find new neighbors who aren't dicks

Quote Originally Posted by Raleina View Post
    If the smoke was so bad i would be choking to death in your smoke stentch then yes i would complain aswel. I should also have the right to enjoy sitting in my yard not having to inhale your smoke every day
    If you watched the video you'd see it's not about smoke. They live across the street from the neighbor who complained, while the previous weekend the complainant's next door neighbors had a BBQ and didn't have a public nuisance charge against them. I'll let you guess the real reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    How do you find new neighbours?

So you suggest moving away?

I suspect that's what the neighbors want them to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where annoying New Yorkers come to retire
    It would seem Hank Hill disapproves of their decision to not use propane and propane related accessories.

That must be staged.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

He should have offered to share.

Deleted
    Florida Man strikes again.

It is a lot harder to prove than noise pollution in a court room though. Noise is easily and cheaply measured. Smell/air pollution is a lot harder to judge and much more expensive to test accurately especially by a layman or general police officer. I'd fight the ticket and make the other side prove that their right to enjoyment was reasonable using evidence instead of just picking up the phone and complaining and getting the ticket written. In other words if they want to be crybabies make them pay to whine. Either way you are paying the fine is the worst outcome unless you really are a huge pain and the judge finds for legal fees which I wouldn't expect from this video.

also to the second part I'm pretty sure that is what his complaining neighbor would like to happen. What kind of savage doesn't like the smell of BBQ. Even Vegan's like the smell, hell smoked veg with bbq seasoning/sauce smells amazing. I think there is another underlying issue and I'm pretty sure this complaint gets Florida's Southerner card pulled because BBQ should never be met with complaints.

Maybe the neighbor was just sad because he never gets invited over for delicious que and he and his wife are awful cooks. Somebody is just jelly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    This is it. This is the dumbest thing I could've stumbled across. Of course it was Florida.

http://www.infowars.com/florida-man-...-his-property/

Oh Florida Man, the things you get up to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I imagine one could get tired of it too.

It sucks to be your neighbour.