Thread: Racism Map

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Racism Map

Black distribution map since people think this map mirrors simply where blacks live:

What exactly are people hoping to find when they type the word "nigger" into Google? That's unclear.

But what is clear, from a new study, is that there's a relationship between how often people do this search in certain places in America and how often black people die in those places.

The University of Maryland's David H. Chae and a team of researchers concluded in a paper published this month by PLOS One that comparing "n-word searches" (a proxy for racism) with mortality rates adds to the fast-growing pile of evidence that bigotry and prejudice hurt more than just feelings.
    http://www.vox.com/2015/5/6/8504181/...h-nword-google
    Last edited by Themius; 2015-07-27 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    This is kind of hilarious because according to fbi.gov statistics, 84% of all black murders are done by blacks.
    Also the way they went about this is pretty hilarious, "nigger" searches into google.
    Just wow, no room for error there, lol.
    That was noted in the very first line of the article.

Going by that wouldn't a proper conclusion be rise in poor black crimes leads to racism against blacks regardless of their status.

New York, Philly and Baltimore less racist than Texas. You heard it hear folks. Google searches would never lie because nobody searching for rap lyrics would ever search "nigger" without being racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News

this study is about as useful as a dick flavored lolipop

15+ Year Old Account
    We need a racism superthread soon. Seems like at any given time 4-5 threads on OT current page is about racism as well as "racism" in US.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    The southern border being relatively green is a another example of how immigration is not really a race issue. Yet it's constantly turned into one. People like latinos, but we also like laws being enforced and securing borders.

Update: oh boy this is just about "niggers". I had assumed the map wasn't trolling.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-07-26 at 09:12 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brangh View Post
    New York, Philly and Baltimore less racist than Texas. You heard it hear folks. Google searches would never lie because nobody searching for rap lyrics would ever search "nigger" without being racist.
    You're just making noise without looking at what the study is saying. The information is meant to be interesting rather than conclusive.

Philly does have it's own issues

http://globalcomment.com/racism-at-p...-the-iceberg/#

Philadelphia. The city of brotherly love. A northeastern city, 43.8% African-American, that voted overwhelmingly for Barack Obama. And my home for the past couple of years.

It’s the last place you expect to hear a story of children being denied the opportunity to swim in a pool because of the color of their skin, right?

Wrong.

The kids from Creative Steps Inc. day camp were turned away from the Valley Swim Club pool in Huntington Valley, Montgomery County, a wealthy white suburb of Philly, after they had paid $1,950 to use the pool for the summer. The president of the swim club released a statement saying: “There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion … and the atmosphere of the club.”
    And this... just come on: http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...-month-special

Then the gay club racism...

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, measuring how racist people are by the frequency they google "nigger"

This is a new low for social science, and that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post

You're not quite getting it... just as said, it's interesting data. Why are people in these areas googleing nigger so much? Why does it just so happen that in the areas were people are googleing nigger a lot there also is a lot of crime, what could that mean?

10+ Year Old Account

That's how they do you know? Just drive around listening to raps and shooting all the jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if your white, black, Asian, Brown, red, blue, green, all colors and creeds, I would get in bed with you all <3...

But you MUST have a tallywacker.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't care if your white, black, Asian, Brown, red, blue, green, all colors and creeds, I would get in bed with you all <3...

But you MUST have a tallywacker.
    Challenge accepted.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account

NEVER google any news regarding IS, we all know what you will become then!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Beat me to it. Themius really needs to pull a Bill Cosby and clean up the black people's use of the word before he goes nosing in to denying everyone else use of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You're not quite getting it... just as said, it's interesting data. Why are people in these areas googleing nigger so much? Why does it just so happen that in the areas were people are googleing nigger a lot there also is a lot of crime, what could that mean?
    Why are all these black rappers using the word so much? Nigga is nigger btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they listen to more rap? Maybe race is more in the media so they research the topic more? Maybe it's a slang more commonly used in those areas? Maybe there's been controversy involving the word there that people read about online? Maybe they are more engaged in social issues? More interested in race issues? more interested in sensitivity issues? More interested in history?

You know what I find when I type nigger into google? 100% of first page results are about how it's a problematic derogatory word.

Linking the googling of "nigger" to racism in this way is beyond lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Challenge accepted.
    Are you a munchkin? That's gonna be a wild ride.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    People who need to google nigger are generally pretty damn stupid. Stupidity leads to low income, poverty and crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Are you a munchkin? That's gonna be a wild ride.
    I'm 5'9.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    NEVER google any news regarding IS, we all know what you will become then!
    Shit, I would be on thousands of watchlists if this was how it worked