Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Step 1) Reroll mage, rogue or warlock, these are your safe bet since blizzard will never ever let any of these class be at the bottom of the sims.

Step 2) Learn how to leech dps and cheese mechanics AKA know your shit.

Step 3) laugh all your way to your garrison with all the loot.

Bonus step 3) Try to get priority in the loot if your guild use council loot, be friend with all your officers and talk about theorycrafting in raid and about how this 4P and X trinket will increase your dps and how much this will help your raid, know other class bis and what trinkets they use, if you see a priest disc rolling or asking for the class trinket go and say how according to X theorycrafter and logs, priest disc arent using that trinket.
    This
    +hunter to the first part

Deleted
    I think http://summonstone.com is also a good resource for mastering your class (not all classes however).

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this guide helps you to get to zero and start getting better. most of those thing are basics (Zero) for a raider knowing them doesn't make you a hero.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

And whatever you do, don't roll shadowpriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Step 1) Reroll any class

Step 2) Learn how to leech dps and cheese mechanics AKA know your shit.

Step 3) laugh all your way to your garrison with all the loot.

Bonus step 3) Try to get priority in the loot if your guild use council loot, be friend with all your officers and talk about theorycrafting in raid and about how this 4P and X trinket will increase your dps and how much this will help your raid, know other class bis and what trinkets they use, if you see a priest disc rolling or asking for the class trinket go and say how according to X theorycrafter and logs, priest disc arent using that trinket.
    Made a couple of corrections.
    Regarding bonus loot does that shit actually wash with RLs?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I actually would advise against rolling a rogue if you want to top meters because you'll usually have to do the bitch jobs.
    Well i`m not much familiar with rogues jobs but i see that they do prety much good dps

"I started playing mage".

If you raid in a guild which needs that kind of guides then topping meters there is no achievement. This is all pretty much common sense in the better guilds and I seriously doubt you'd be able to pull your weight in a guild which is in the top100-200. Playing the FOTM doesn't help your reliability since well... mages shit on everybody this raid and pretty much the raid before.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-07-28 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    "At this guide i will do my best to help understand what makes a good raider." "after few weeks have passed i managed to be at the top of the dps meter."

Ok boys, nothing to see here. Let's move on.

How to top meters: Reroll mage forever OP class

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    How to top meters: Reroll mage forever OP class
    Based on actual stats of the level you raid at or just plucked from thin air?

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    Want to really go from zero-to-hero? Don't focus on topping the charts.
    Amen. HFC is an add priority fight. Tunneling to topping the charts is a disservice to your raid team.

None of this is helpful, or insightful information as it is all available elsewhere online.

This is pretty much the basics of top dps for any class, since always and for forever.

It's all about how well you play, not how well you enchant your gear or how well you use simcraft.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    I understand where you're going with that guide, but honestly dps doesn't mean shit if that player will be dead everytime the boss will cast something at him.

DPS is one thing, i'd rather have a 80th percentile player that will do 1 mistake in 200 pulls than a 95th percentile player that will fuckup every mechanics.

Sometimes you will find a really great player that can rank top 10 every fight while doing mechanics perfectly, but that's kinda rare
    You're approaching this the wrong way.
    I honestly have DPS in my raid team that never rank above 10% but hardly ever screw up. I wish something could motivate them to increase their dps abit. This guide is imo for the people that have mastered the art of moving of out fires but want to increase their dps.
    Imagine if you 80 percentile players boosted his dps up to being a 85 percentile player due to a DPS guide.

Would be win-win ye.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    FWIW DBM is not the end-all be-all of raiding helper add-ons, there are plenty of fine alternatives and I personally find BigWigs to be much more to my liking.

I'm using DBM (though I hear BigWigs is superior?), Exorsus Raid tools and GTFO. It's all handy stuff (especially Exorsus with their ezmode boss kill modules, assigning positions on Kromog Mythic, throwing the eye on Iskar etc). GTFO gets pretty mad at you if you stand in fire and blows fog horns in your ears until you move out... It's all good stuff.

As for topping meters, I too think it's funny that people automatically assume "omg 95th % player, just standing in fire all day long and tunnel visioning"... Players who do that are not 95% players, it takes a lot of skill (relatively speaking) to consistently rank highly while dealing with target priority switching and movement, and players who are not good at mechanics will lose dps everywhere. Either way, you should be good at mechanics and doing your dps, there is nothing more annoying than someone who thinks they are fantastic because they can do the mechanics when they are doing crappy dps... Because sometimes the mechanics is "kill this fucking thing before it kills the fucking tank" in which case you're failing that mechanic if your dps is too low.

You will see these players who regularly sit in the 9-49% on a consistent basis, most of the time if they are in a raiding guild they will do mechanics fine with no issue... But that low dps isn't helping, even the best of players can end up with shitty percentile every now and then, it happens. But those who are consistently low for their gear level should be looking to improve, to identify those issues, just in the same way that people who fail at mechanics need to work on their awareness and knowledge of a fight.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-29 at 03:34 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    You're approaching this the wrong way.
    I honestly have DPS in my raid team that never rank above 10% but hardly ever screw up. I wish something could motivate them to increase their dps abit. This guide is imo for the people that have mastered the art of moving of out fires but want to increase their dps.
    Imagine if you 80 percentile players boosted his dps up to being a 85 percentile player due to a DPS guide.

Would be win-win ye.
    You do realize that this guide won't help somebody in the 10th percentile because he probably didnt read any guide or posts about his own class, the best way to help these players is to send them to their class specific forum and make a thread asking help, not just reading about simcraft, dbm, etc..

Deleted
    What is this?

Ty I'm top DPS now since reading this guide

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't agree with saying DBM is now mandatory, but I guess that depends on your level of raiding. I admit I do have DBM, however I don't remember the last time I actually looked at my bars to see a timer. What I find has the most impact is having good WeakAuras set up for boss abilities. After a few pulls the fight just becomes second nature and timers become somewhat irrelevant.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.