Thread: UN Peacekeepers

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

UN Peacekeepers

What if UN peacekeepers were deployed to American cities to stop police brutality?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    What if UN peacekeepers were deployed to American cities to stop police brutality?
    Depends on which nationality said peacekeepers are.

You can't trust the Dutch, for instance, vis a vis Srebrenica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Police brutality in the US is way, way, waaay less brutal than in Latin America, for example. American police officers are almost like caring grandmas in comparison. There's no reason for UN peacekeepers to intervene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, try that and you will see a civil war in the US within seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Well, try that and you will see a civil war in the US within seconds.
    Hopefully this time we can put the South down for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

blue hats coming on US soil? that would only start the rampage they'll get.

That wouldn't be a reasonable reaction to police brutality.

UN peacekeepers for US police brutality? Which i might add is like tea with the queen for many nations say South of the US border in comparison. First off the US government would never allow it even if Obama wanted to congress would never approve and would fight it tooth and nail. Even if it got past that many states would order the National Guard up to block UN Peacekeepers out. There would be almost no public support for it i mean people are against the national guard coming in to stop riots now imagine its military from foreign nations?

The US is no place for peacekeepers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The US is no place for peacekeepers.
    Which is funny because here I thought police were intended to be keeping the peace (or "peacekeepers" for short). Though, y'know, seems like they do the complete opposite nowadays.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I suspect the locals would probably kill them in short order.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

So your solution to the fact that occasionally a small percentage of our police force uses excessive force is to deploy a foreign army to keep them in line?

Do you even have any concept of reasonable response?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Which is funny because here I thought police were intended to be keeping the peace (or "peacekeepers" for short). Though, y'know, seems like they do the complete opposite nowadays.
    when criminals do dumb shit yeah it tends to turn out bad for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Hopefully this time we can put the South down for good.
    Unlikely, this time it would cause a massive shift to the right politically, massive damage to the US economy, and civilian casualties that would make Africa look like paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Police brutality in the US is way, way, waaay less brutal than in Latin America, for example. American police officers are almost like caring grandmas in comparison. There's no reason for UN peacekeepers to intervene.
    I'm not so sure I agree.

Yes, latin american police are more openly corrupt, and WILL shake you down for money on the spot if they think you've got it. (like 5-10$ will usually get you off the hook)

I think you're much more likely to get beaten to a pulp without good reason by American police. (and statistically, probably more likely to get shot by one - but I'm not going to go into the research for that one)

All that factored in, I'm not sure that makes the American police force "like caring grandmas in comparison."

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it really THAT impossible for you cultists to just open your eyes and see that maybe, just maybe, criminals resisting arrest are not victims?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    While that is true and the police is at least not involved in mass-assassination for corrupt politicians and openly works together with crime syndicates, it's also not like one should ignore it because of the "elsewhere it's worse" fallacy.

Edit: There is no legitimate reason for UN peacekeepers though, but you still need to fix this issue.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2015-07-28 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Is it really THAT impossible for you cultists to just open your eyes and see that maybe, just maybe, criminals resisting arrest are not victims?
    the left won't realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    When you're being brutalized, how do you avoid resisting? Other than dying, which several of those unarmed criminals resisting arrest apparently chose to do instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    When you're being brutalized, how do you avoid resisting? Other than dying, which several of those unarmed criminals resisting arrest apparently chose to do instead.
    It's bad cops. Not every cop is bad, and good cops get zero publicity, and yea a lot of times you see these brutality exploits it's not the whole story.