Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Some people are not open minded

https://www.facebook.com/Philchalmersteenkiller

Check out this guy. Goes to schools to speak out against bullying and the bad influence of entertainment Check out his Facebook. Check out his favorite TV shows. All reality TV, Sports and Sitcoms. COPS, DOG the Bounty Hunter, NFL, Modern Family. What no sci fi? No fantasy? No intellect? Variety is the spice of life!

He has a chapter in his book titles Bye-Bye Brady Bunch. If I showed this guy a sci fi space opera or fantasy show would he be shocked or fall asleep?

It is safe to say that space operas and fantasy do not appeal to people like Chalmers?

is it bad that i cant watch any of his shows unless im really drunk?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I get your point - so he doesn't like sci-fi or fantasy. A lot of people don't. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm not sure I get your point - so he doesn't like sci-fi or fantasy. A lot of people don't. So what?
    Pretty much what im wondering. Are people narrowminded just because they dont enjoy the same kind of shows as yourself?
    Hmm.. I think the OP is the one here who isnt open minded tbh

lol Yeah I get what you're trying to say, but this is a really bad comparison of people being closeminded. I mean, do you like romantic comedies? Do you like musicials? Do you like every genre of everything there is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people aren't open minded. Like the OP, who thinks that people who don't watch the same shows the OP likes are dim-witted trailer trash.

So pot, kettle.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    so everyone is only allowed to like the things you like and nothing else?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say these days pretty much all males under 30 play video games.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Folks are entitled to their tastes. Nothing you can or should do about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    He's not open-minded, because he likes something different than OP.

The irony is that neither are you apparently, because you can't accept that people have different interests.
    You should have said he has ties to Fox News, that would have made a better thread and reason to hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say these days pretty much all males under 30 play video games.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that perhaps there are other things beyond "violent video games" that they all shared.

Here's a small list.

Male
    Human
    School
    Television
    Music
    Movies
    Middle-Class
    In need of serious mental health treatment
    Two hands
    Masturbation
    Sexual repression

and so on and so forth

At the end of the day, my only response has generally been "I want to know what Video Games Al Capone and crew were playing."

Hello internet ! what are we upset over today ?

* someone dont like the same Tv shows as me !!! *

ohh i see, well its a good day i guess then becurse there could be so much more to be upset over.

He likes Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

0:18 See athletes can like this stuff!

Perhaps he should introduce some sci fi to Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that perhaps there are other things beyond "violent video games" that they all shared.

Here's a small list.

Male
    Human
    School
    Television
    Music
    Movies
    Middle-Class
    In need of serious mental health treatment
    Two hands
    Masturbation
    Sexual repression

and so on and so forth

At the end of the day, my only response has generally been "I want to know what Video Games Al Capone and crew were playing."
    I suppress my lust for bloodbath with violent video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Would Phil and people like him freak out or fall asleep if they saw a space opera?

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in: every human has different tastes. More news at 11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post

https://www.facebook.com/Philchalmersteenkiller

Check out this guy. Goes to schools to speak out against bullying and the bad influence of entertainment Check out his Facebook. Check out his favorite TV shows. All reality TV, Sports and Sitcoms. COPS, DOG the Bounty Hunter, NFL, Modern Family. What no sci fi? No fantasy? No intellect? Variety is the spice of life!

He has a chapter in his book titles Bye-Bye Brady Bunch. If I showed this guy a sci fi space opera or fantasy show would he be shocked or fall asleep?

It is safe to say that space operas and fantasy do not appeal to people like Chalmers?

He should like what you like

Is this about him not being openminded or you not being openminded?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Sooo, anyone who has an opinion contrary to yours, is "not open minded"?

On a side topic, its important to be open minded, but make sure its not so open the brain just falls off. "too much open minded" is a thing as well.