Deleted

Core of the primal elements - Elemental -

Either im doing something wrong on simcraft, or this trinket is a DPS lose for me. (I don't actually have it yet)

I replace my current 685 trinket with ''trinket1=core_of_the_primal_elements,id=124521'' (Normal mode)

setting are Singletarget. But no matter my talent chooses, I sim 600-2k dps loss with it.

Deleted
    Because you're not switching talents to elemental fusion, and perhaps not having unleash flame used in the sim ?
    It's a big dps gain over any 685 trinket, even in pure ST, as long as you use it correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Core definitely locks you into Elemental Fusion. It is a DPS loss if you don't take that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyv View Post
    Core definitely locks you into Elemental Fusion. It is a DPS loss if you don't take that talent.
    That blows. I hate EF. We definitely have one of the blandest class trinks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    That blows. I hate EF. We definitely have one of the blandest class trinks.
    I didn't particularly enjoy having to manage Fusion stacks with Flame Shock's 30 second duration, but at 75 seconds or more it's definitely a lot easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I didn't particularly enjoy having to manage Fusion stacks with Flame Shock's 30 second duration, but at 75 seconds or more it's definitely a lot easier to use.

I guess it will be okay for me to go for EF with the Class trinket.

But i hate that the Leg Ring kind of forces me in to ElementalMasterie.

As Long as EM is up its totaly fine to play, but the whole other fight is crap without EotE...

I generally find I need to take EotE when I use the class trinket so I don't get stuck on 1 charge of EF when I need to refresh FS.
    Particularly on Mythic Council when I need to make sure the 3 bosses have UF>EFx2>FS on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug1975 View Post
    I generally find I need to take EotE when I use the class trinket so I don't get stuck on 1 charge of EF when I need to refresh FS.
    Particularly on Mythic Council when I need to make sure the 3 bosses have UF>EFx2>FS on them.
    I actually find on council that its very easy to manage flameshock, lava surge is proccing so much that I am constantly casting lava burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    You don't really manage it. You choose the talent and play as you would normally.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You don't really manage it. You choose the talent and play as you would normally.
    You always want to refresh flame shock with 2 stacks of EF and UF up once you get the trinket. Because earth shock consumes your EF and you don't want to go past the 20 lightning shield cap, there is a bit of management to do every time you need to refresh flame shock.

Note that fusion does not buff fulminate damage, so there is a fairly significant difference in using the stacks on a flame shock vs using them on an earth shock (even without the trinket).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Assuming you want to get the most out of it then you definitely do want to manage it. Optimally you want to cast Flame Shock with 2 stacks of Fusion and UF up, but in many situations that just isn't possible without sacrificing something in return. So you have to decide what your best option is and go with it. There's a lot of management in using this talent properly without the class trinket.

Is it safe to assume any other trinket combination is better for fights like Xhul'horac then? Where you generally spec out of EF and UF in favor of an aoe build

Quote Originally Posted by lanilani26 View Post
    Is it safe to assume any other trinket combination is better for fights like Xhul'horac then? Where you generally spec out of EF and UF in favor of an aoe build
    Unleashed fury is not needed for maintaining a good snapshot, all you need is the baseline unleashed flame. It is arguably easier (at the cost of a slight dps loss on patchwerk) to just spec into primal ele so that your unleash is available when needed.

Running PoF/Gaze on xhul might result in slightly more damage to imps, but it will hurt your damage to the boss, especially during the last 20% of the fight. Personally, what I run is core/gaze with echo/pe/UF, and keep a flame shock out on the boss and the big add. Echo provides enough to easily handle the imps, especially if they're getting gripped/interrupted correctly.