Deleted

Whats the deal about mages?

I mean, i dont know how hard they are to play, or atleast to "master" but it kinder bothers me that they are so far ahead damagewise compared to other puse dps classes.

If you take simulationcraft.org in the ilvl 705 range (wich is where i am);

Arcane is 2k ahead of.... another mage spec, frost.
    Frost is then 2k ahead of Subtlety Rogue. - after that is warries with about 0.5k to 1.5 DPS besweet the rest of the PURE dps classes. Even on AoE, mages have no problem in keeping up.

I am just wondering, Is it time for a nerf? - I raid with a healer myself atm.

This is usually the case with mages. Discounting maybe Sunwell, Mages usually stand atop the other damage dealing later in the expansion. They tend to scale extremely well with crit, similar to fury warriors. I won't go and say they are OP per se, but once they get the gear, and get lucky with crit streaks, their damage is pretty insane. Now, if guilds are stacking mages to exclusion of other casters, then maybe they might need some tuning.

Arcane is traditionally one of the lowest mobility specs in the game. No idea if that's true in today's environment or not, but I would totally believe Arcane is being balanced around needing to move a lot and losing a fair bit of DPS.