Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Have you SEEN some of the warning labels that come on some of this shit. It is utterly mind boggling how some of them can exist. I mean, yes, i get that not everyone is going to know everything (savage natives from some isolated forest tribe who have never encountered electricity will obviously not know of its dangers for example), but some of the shit they warn people of is just downright insane. I mean, obviousl some moron somewhere actually ironed his pants while he was still wearing them, because I have seen pictures of acctual warning labels that specifically warn you not to do that. Serously. How stupid do you have to be that you will apply a scalding hot metal plate to your clothes while they are still on your body!?
    They are pretty much exclusively for legal protection at this point. There was a time when they didn't have such labels, but then tens of millions of dollars in lawsuits later...

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you SEEN some of the warning labels that come on some of this shit.
    Yes, I indeed have..
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They are pretty much exclusively for legal protection at this point. There was a time when they didn't have such labels, but then tens of millions of dollars in lawsuits later...
    And there's your answer......
    Do away with those lawsuits, as I said, and you see labels that are normal again.
    The labels aren't what they are because the producers think the people are too stupid.. They are what they are to protect the producers from the lawsuits.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

It's kind of like those people who say taxes are illegal and refuse to pay taxes. They often wind up in prison.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's kind of like those people who say taxes are illegal and refuse to pay taxes. They often wind up in prison.
    Some of them got an autograph from Wesley Snipes tho
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like one of those Freemen of the Land crazies.

There are loads of funny Youtube videos where they think their interpretation of the law supercedes their Governments, some nonsense to do with only Common Law applying and a birth certificate being a contract with the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    While I think the chick is too dumb to grasp what she's talking about...

1.... It's spelled Hippie not hippy. You can be hippy, doesn't make you a Hippie.
    2.... Don't use terms or labels you don't understand in the first place. That part applies to the chick and the OP....

Kudos to the cop first trying to debate with her.
    You are such a grandpa, grandpa :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

This must be in California.

7+ Year Old Account
    At first I was like "Free Inhabitant"? What's that? Oooooh, Sovereign Citizens. Yeah, she's nuts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't get my Steam achievement but yeah... My first thought was "Soso" from Orange is the New Black. My second was that she needs to be throat punched.

Deleted
    dump that hippy whore into a gulag then she'll learn to appreciate the law
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-08-02 at 10:38 PM.

You guys know this story is like 2 years old right?

Deleted
    Have you SEEN some of the warning labels that come on some of this shit. It is utterly mind boggling how some of them can exist. I mean, yes, i get that not everyone is going to know everything (savage natives from some isolated forest tribe who have never encountered electricity will obviously not know of its dangers for example), but some of the shit they warn people of is just downright insane. I mean, obviousl some moron somewhere actually ironed his pants while he was still wearing them, because I have seen pictures of acctual warning labels that specifically warn you not to do that. Serously. How stupid do you have to be that you will apply a scalding hot metal plate to your clothes while they are still on your body!?
    The best one i see here in germany is on bags/cans of peanuts that warn you that it may contain traces of peanuts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    you know we are entitled to being outraged whenever we please?

in fact I'm now going to be outraged because of your question. For at least 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    What exactly is the point you are making?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Someone, after countless attempts at making threads on the subject, finally found a single case of cops not being in the wrong.

But I still quite feel, from an ideological point of view, that the cops and bureaucratic law should leave people alone as much as possible.
    Right.

Excellent logic.

Uploading videos of Police Officers "not being in the wrong" is all the rage.

"Guys, there just isn't a lot of videos being uploaded to youtube showing Police Officers correctly doing their jobs."

"That settles it! All Police Officers are criminals!"

Off to MMO-C Subforum General Off-Topics's to spew my rhetoric!!

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Someone, after countless attempts at making threads on the subject, finally found a single case of cops not being in the wrong.
    I guess you missed the Mike Brown mega thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    The best one i see here in germany is on bags/cans of peanuts that warn you that it may contain traces of peanuts.
    Usually says 'traces of nuts' which is fine on a bag of peanuts as peanuts are not nuts and therefore you must be warned that they may contain traces of nuts...mmm nuts

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch how does one attain a voice like that. I don't think I even care about the specifics at this point. Owwww. Need to get a cotton bud and scrub that out.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Right.

Excellent logic.

Uploading videos of Police Officers "not being in the wrong" is all the rage.

"Guys, there just isn't a lot of videos being uploaded to youtube showing Police Officers correctly doing their jobs."

"That settles it! All Police Officers are criminals!"

Off to MMO-C Subforum General Off-Topics's to spew my rhetoric!!
    the anarchist was arrested while commiting a crime, now it hates cops
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you know we are entitled to being outraged whenever we please?

in fact I'm now going to be outraged because of your question. For at least 2 minutes.
    Guess some people need to feel outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    That using a 2 year old story to try and prove some point about society seems a little disingenuous/contrived?
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2015-08-03 at 01:28 AM.

I couldn't last 30 seconds watching that... Her voice is traumatizing, and that's putting it lightly. But in those 30 seconds, I noticed something she said, "Articles of Confederation." Is she referring to the same articles of confederation that was quickly replaced by the constitution because of how terrible it was?

Before posting this, I decided to do a quick google search:

Article IV.
    The better to secure and perpetuate mutual friendship and intercourse among the people of the different states in this union, the free inhabitants of each of these states, paupers, vagabonds and fugitives from justice excepted, shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of free citizens in the several states; and the people of each state shall have free ingress and regress to and from any other state, and shall enjoy therein all the privileges of trade and commerce, subject to the same duties impositions and restrictions as the inhabitants thereof respectively, provided that such restriction shall not extend so far as to prevent the removal of property imported into any state, to any other state, of which the Owner is an inhabitant; provided also that no imposition, duties or restriction shall be laid by any state, on the property of the united states, or either of them. If any Person guilty of, or charged with treason, felony, — or other high misdemeanor in any state, shall flee from Justice, and be found in any of the united states, he shall, upon demand of the Governor or executive power, of the state from which he fled, be delivered up and removed to the state having jurisdiction of his offence. Full faith and credit shall be given in each of these states to the records, acts and judicial proceedings of the courts and magistrates of every other state.

Source: http://www.ushistory.org/documents/confederation.htm

That is the only moment free inhabitant is mentioned. So by the looks of it, she was just a moron who manages to take an obsolete document out of context.
    Last edited by Danuru; 2015-08-03 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17