Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    It has passive Mastery and the uptime on the buff is quite high. It's just a great trinket.
    Would you still recommend using the normal version of the trinket over CSP and Mythic socketed DuT? I think once I get at least the heroic version of it will be a clear winner...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Would you still recommend using the normal version of the trinket over CSP and Mythic socketed DuT? I think once I get at least the heroic version of it will be a clear winner...
    The intellect proc outweighs a lot of things tbh. I'd definitely use the normal version over those two that you mentioned.

So I finally got my Heroic DSI and now I'm in a dilemma for my secondary trinkets. I have Mythic Piston and MWF/Socket DUT, I simmed both combinations and DUT came out on top by 1300 DPS which kind of surprised me, any thoughts? EDIT: I was thinking DUT for ST fights where I'll get more use out of the proc and Piston for Council and maybe Tyrant.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2015-09-07 at 01:36 AM.

Hello, friends. I did some small updates to the openers in the guide. After 'play testing' them I found the new ones to be better.

Last night myself and my guild killed Mythic Kormrok and tonight we will be going up against Mythic Council for the first time. Is there anything that i could change, glyphs talents and play style etc to help with progression? I've seen some people drop GrimSac and take GrimSup, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    Last night myself and my guild killed Mythic Kormrok and tonight we will be going up against Mythic Council for the first time. Is there anything that i could change, glyphs talents and play style etc to help with progression? I've seen some people drop GrimSac and take GrimSup, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Yea you should take GoSup for the council, also don't forget to drop soul link since it will kill your pet several times during the fight.

hi zvvl,
    first of all, thanks for your amazing work you put in this guide

got a question about the trinket BIS list
    in your bis list, you rank hc DSI and hc Fragment as BIS

but in the linked trinket dmg list, csp outweighs both, as well as socket piston outweighs Fragment hc

did i miss a point?

thank you for your reply
    blackpoxx

id like to as quick question for experienced people : having in 1 slot hc wf DSI i wonder what would be giving best resoults in 2nd slow : 700 itlv +socket DUT , 705 itlv fragment or 710 itlv unblinking - i know that they probably are quite close toghether but just wondering which would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    Yea you should take GoSup for the council, also don't forget to drop soul link since it will kill your pet several times during the fight.
    Thanks, is there any specific reason as to why and should i use observer?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend the imp for this fight just because of the target switching. But ultimately proper use of a /petattack macro will result in negligible dps difference regardless of which pet you use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpoxx View Post
    but in the linked trinket dmg list, csp outweighs both, as well as socket piston outweighs Fragment
    I think the consensus is that csp sims well in patchwerk but really falls down the list in practice. And I don't doubt for a second that a Mythic piston + socket would be very good for aff.

because you aren't casting drain soul much due to multi-dotting 3 mobs.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ncil-Pet-Dying
    Found this issue on the first night and same w lots of others. The huge incoming damage will gib your pet. I prefer the shield which helps absorb your reap very easily

Obs the first few times then went to imp and got a bit more damage and a minor heal vs an interrupt you'll barely use w obs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpoxx View Post
    hi zvvl,
    first of all, thanks for your amazing work you put in this guide

got a question about the trinket BIS list
    in your bis list, you rank hc DSI and hc Fragment as BIS

but in the linked trinket dmg list, csp outweighs both, as well as socket piston outweighs Fragment hc

did i miss a point?

thank you for your reply
    blackpoxx
    I recommend a Mythic DSI which isn't outsimmed by either of what you listed. Heroic fragment sims higher than anything else on sims I have ran when combined with the Mythic DSI. I don't think sims even do it justice because it basically eliminates shard RNG and gives you a lot more shards to play around with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    I know this is sort of a repeat question but can some higher level locks speak to the efficacy of using DSI+Fragment vs. DSI+Iron Reaver or any other combo people are using? Also is there a good way to tell which trinkets some of the top parsing locks are using? Since there is no proc with Reaver trinket or Fragment I'm not sure how you'd go about determining what trinkets people are using on certain fights. Has anyone put a list together of which trinket pairings to use on the different fights?
    +1 on these questions

Are you all using the class trinket on Mythic council? Seems if i stop at all to drain soul i have dots falling off my third target before i can get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    id like to as quick question for experienced people : having in 1 slot hc wf DSI i wonder what would be giving best resoults in 2nd slow : 700 itlv +socket DUT , 705 itlv fragment or 710 itlv unblinking - i know that they probably are quite close toghether but just wondering which would be best.
    Socketed DuT, not close.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    High Council: Classtrinket or not?

I noticed that the highest ranked parses tend to make sure they have 100% uptime of all DoTs on all 3 targets, while SB:H + souldraining the main target when they don't have to immediately refresh something, but this obviously isn't possible with the classtrinket as UA will fall off on the first target by the time you're done dotting up the last one. However, once Gurtogg is dead it should become considerably easier to keep DoTs up on only 2 targets, right? Or is it not able to catch up anymore at that point compared to 100% uptime 3 target dotting with +int trinket (DuT / Piston) ?
    Ranked 20 with Heroic DSI and Heroic Fragment on Tuesday.
    Fel Rage is OP

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    I know this is sort of a repeat question but can some higher level locks speak to the efficacy of using DSI+Fragment vs. DSI+Iron Reaver or any other combo people are using? Also is there a good way to tell which trinkets some of the top parsing locks are using? Since there is no proc with Reaver trinket or Fragment I'm not sure how you'd go about determining what trinkets people are using on certain fights. Has anyone put a list together of which trinket pairings to use on the different fights?
    If you want to see you can check replay for DoT durations

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Ranked 20 with Heroic DSI and Heroic Fragment on Tuesday.
    Fel Rage is OP

If you want to see you can check replay for DoT durations
    If you get lucky enough to get the fel rage!

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Are you all using the class trinket on Mythic council? Seems if i stop at all to drain soul i have dots falling off my third target before i can get to it.
    I can manage to cast a drain soul channel inbetween reapplying my DoTs without issues. Keeping Agony + Corruption up is a cake walk. UA is a bit of a dick sometimes but its still easily enough to manage. I use mouseovers for all 3 DoTs. It also helps if you manage your drain soul ticks proprly. Canceling mid tick to reapply UA would obviously be a double loss. Cancelling just after a tick and reapplying is the better option for obvious reasons.

I tried fragment on council once... It was hellish and I didn't see any direct gains from it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    I tried fragment on council once... It was hellish and I didn't see any direct gains from it...
    What were you comparing? The class trinket is a huge gain on Council.