Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just so i'm understand the acronym, DUT = Darmac's Unstable Talisman right?

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Just so i'm understand the acronym, DUT = Darmac's Unstable Talisman right?
    Yes it sure does.

I thought so, but I don't browse the lock forums to often so wasn't sure if it was some archaic lock spell.

Decisions on post-upgrade trinkets?

Haven't really seen a definitive thread on trinkets yet? Maybe I missed it.

As Affliction I've been running 2/2 Mythic DSI and 2/2 Heroic Archi, for Destro I've been running a 2/2 Stage 6 Sandman's and 2/2 Mythic DSI.

I'm wondering if my Mythic Prophecy of Fear I got from a cache might better for Destro than Sandman's after I upgrade it?

And should I be changing my affliction trinkets depending on the fight? Or are those two the best at this point?

Mythic GSR will be better than Sandman's since it can proc back to back. Also the heirloom Void trinket is pretty solid as well.

I think you want Class trinket for virtually everything and DSI as well.

The guide includes which trinkets to use on which boss

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    bis list updated
    Wouldn't tier head and archi shoulders be better than archi head and tier shoulders for affli?

Deleted
    bis list updated
    What about "Sash of Unending Anguish"? That's haste/mastery and only 5 ilvl lower.

If you have separate gear for affliction (I have 2 neck slot items), would you recommend enchanting/gemming haste for those items?

bis list updated
    Thanks for that! Used the void trinket with DSI on tyrant last night, did pretty solid there. I'm curious is the value of Fragment diminished with fight length? Like where would the cutoff be to not use it?

Thanks for that! Used the void trinket with DSI on tyrant last night, did pretty solid there. I'm curious is the value of Fragment diminished with fight length? Like where would the cutoff be to not use it?
    Usually the class trinket is diminished on anything sub 2 minutes. More time with lust/dark souls up plus full opening shards. Just a general ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    What about "Sash of Unending Anguish"? That's haste/mastery and only 5 ilvl lower.

If you have separate gear for affliction (I have 2 neck slot items), would you recommend enchanting/gemming haste for those items?
    I personally always stick to Mastery but Haste is fine if you have two separate sets

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Usually the class trinket is diminished on anything sub 2 minutes. More time with lust/dark souls up plus full opening shards. Just a general ballpark.
    So on fights that aren't demons (iron reaver) where the time is sub 1m, whats the best trinket to use there? DUT?

So on fights that aren't demons (iron reaver) where the time is sub 1m, whats the best trinket to use there? DUT?
    I actually forgot about DUT not being able to be reliably double proc'd on pull since the hotfix a few weeks ago. I'm actually not really sure what the best setup is now for a very short fight. I play class trinket on all non demon fights regardless of length just due to being lazy basically. Unless my guild specifically decides to go for speed kills and ranks it doesn't really matter to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the most recent parses <1min on Iron Reaver are choosing either class trinket or DUT.

Deleted
    What's the reason behind alot of the topdogs going haste enchants/gems? I simmed both long and short fights, with and without classtrinket, ST/Multitarget, Patchwerk/Heavymovement, Sac and Supremacy and not once was haste valued higher than mastery. Is the apl not up-to-date, is there some breakpoint where they switch or what am I missing? Since clearly haste seem to be doing better in practice for alot of ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    What's the reason behind alot of the topdogs going haste enchants/gems? I simmed both long and short fights, with and without classtrinket, ST/Multitarget, Patchwerk/Heavymovement, Sac and Supremacy and not once was haste valued higher than mastery. Is the apl not up-to-date, is there some breakpoint where they switch or what am I missing? Since clearly haste seem to be doing better in practice for alot of ppl.
    What trinks are they using / you simming, and what are their actual fight lengths vs the simmed fight lengths ... etc, etc, etc
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What trinks are they using / you simming, and what are their actual fight lengths vs the simmed fight lengths ... etc, etc, etc
    I was using DSI coupled with either Classtrinket(both mythic 2/2) or DUT, and was simming alot of different fight lengths from 40sec - 5min to resemble our, aswell as other guilds killtimes.

Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    I was using DSI coupled with either Classtrinket(both mythic 2/2) or DUT, and was simming alot of different fight lengths from 40sec - 5min to resemble our, aswell as other guilds killtimes.
    Haste and Mastery are pretty even, most locks just get up to around 2700-2900 haste for comfort, mastery otherwise.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Hey guys.

Guild is doing Mythic Xhul Horac. We have 3 Warlocks and 4 hunters going into this fight, with a rogue and two warriors. RL decided that we may as well have one of us try and go affliction since we shouldn't need the extra cleave. So I volunteered to give it a go.

Does anyone have any good experience and tips for affliction on that fight? I imagine I just dot up boss and the minibosses and voidfiends and call it a day.

I think we'll be soaking the black holes with dark bargain from what he's said.