7+ Year Old Account

Unholy EDH and NP

My play style has changed due to a heroic 2 H and still M BRF 1 Hs... so back to UH.
    I understand how EDH works with defile but add heavy fights where NP is king, is it worth not using defile? SS gives two stacks of fel burn per swing so I was only able to get 20-24 stacks before it reset. NP melts adds as we all know and is preferable even without reaper harvest.
    I am undecided with talent for H Archie for example.
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    I would stick with NP for Archi, playing defile might cause a delay on using it due to mechanics/movement of the boss, on top of that you really wont get defile hits off on any other adds apart from the p1 doomlord/spirit.

With NP you can also make sure it's at +30s or however long it's going to take you to do the nether phase and have it ticking on the boss while you are actually killing the add in the nether. Adds in the later phases demons/infernals move way to much to get any consistent hits off with defile.

Breath is also going to be strong one specially if you have the ring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I would stick with NP for Archi, playing defile might cause a delay on using it due to mechanics/movement of the boss, on top of that you really wont get defile hits off on any other adds apart from the p1 doomlord/spirit.

With NP you can also make sure it's at +30s or however long it's going to take you to do the nether phase and have it ticking on the boss while you are actually killing the add in the nether. Adds in the later phases demons/infernals move way to much to get any consistent hits off with defile.

Breath is also going to be strong one specially if you have the ring.
    Thank you for a reply. Great point about defile being amazing in p1 and a pain the rest of the fight. I had timing wrong many times and dropped it before allure or the tank dragged him away.... Was swapping EDH out with unending hunger to see which is more beneficial. Perhaps I should use another trinket. Can dust off the old mythic vial and on use the MS with ring every 2 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

Love the tip for 15 stacks before the nether realm. :-)
    You are also the first person to suggest BoS that I read. Interesting
    Filthy Casual

Has anyone simmed NP+EDH vs Defile+EDH? Defile is honestly such a pain to use, that if it were only slightly better, I would probably want to use NP. Just wondering how significant NP->Defile is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbrother View Post
    Has anyone simmed NP+EDH vs Defile+EDH? Defile is honestly such a pain to use, that if it were only slightly better, I would probably want to use NP. Just wondering how significant NP->Defile is.
    I wish defile followed u around like concecrate
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by sunbrother View Post
    NP doesnt proc EDH, so theres no point in simming it. Defile on the other hand, every time it grows, it adds another stack.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    One can dream.

I'd love that too, even in the form of a glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Funnily enough paladins wanted the conse to be targetable like DnD and eventually they got it.

But yeah. I really dislike Defile atm. Esp for Frost it causes serious QoL-issues with PL (PS+BB just feels awkward).
    I'd love to be able to just play with NP but EDH just gets SO much for Def that I cant justify not using it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTirri View Post
    Funnily enough paladins wanted the conse to be targetable like DnD and eventually they got it.

But yeah. I really dislike Defile atm. Esp for Frost it causes serious QoL-issues with PL (PS+BB just feels awkward).
    I'd love to be able to just play with NP but EDH just gets SO much for Def that I cant justify not using it
    starting to hate Defile again. tanks just looooooovvveee to move the boss and adds out of it.
    Filthy Casual