Poll: What does your raiding guild do with BoE items?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Opinion: What does your (mythic raiding) guild do with BoE items?

Hello everyone!

As the title says I'm wondering how your guild is handling the forced personal loot system for BoE trash drops.

Thank you for voting in the poll!

/discuss
    Last edited by mmocfbca7f21de; 2015-07-30 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We collect and distribute them. If no one wants it, we sell it to fund repairs. I get that they want to stop the ninja looting, but if it's an all guild group we shouldn't be forced into personal loot for BoEs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snodeath View Post
    We collect and distribute them. If no one wants it, we sell it to fund repairs. I get that they want to stop the ninja looting, but if it's an all guild group we shouldn't be forced into personal loot for BoEs.
    I was thinking the same, An officer in my guild is saying 'we cant do anything about it' so handle it yourselves.. now some guildsmen are selling heroic boes on the ah (we got 3 mythic down so far) and I think itll be even more tempting for them to sell the mythic boes.. quite a few of these item are BiS for classes and I reckon itll slow progression.. this system feels rather wrong

If the person that gets it needs it, then they keep it. Otherwise we roll on it.

Or we let the Postmaster send it to us, and AH it on a sneaky alt. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If the person that gets it needs it, then they keep it. Otherwise we roll on it.

Or we let the Postmaster send it to us, and AH it on a sneaky alt. Who cares?
    That's the only problem, we try to give them out to people who need them but no doubt there will be people doing exactly that. It's a stupid design and should not be enabled for guild groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    That's the only problem, we try to give them out to people who need them but no doubt there will be people doing exactly that. It's a stupid design and should not be enabled for guild groups.
    I'm not in a guild group but I think its a good design. If its a guild group then odds are you are all working together for progression, but if there's any chance that loot can be kept by the ML then it will be done so its good for random groups. I also think it is better for guilds who may need someone to join because theyre short a couple of people. It would make them feel comfortable with joining knowing they get to keep any BoE's.

Basically in a guild group it shouldn't have any effect anyway and in PuG groups it should have a beneficial effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic: We gather and distribute them via a forum/spreadsheet. If noone wants the item at the end of the ID we sell it. We fully sponsor repairs, flask, pots, enchants and gems with all that gold. Nobody ever complained

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    Mythic: We gather and distribute them via a forum/spreadsheet. If noone wants the item at the end of the ID we sell it. We fully sponsor repairs, flask, pots, enchants and gems with all that gold. Nobody ever complained
    Doing the same as a HC group, sell it and make the life easyer for all. Currently it seems not everyone its looting and is waiting for his personal profit, which kinda sucks or the BoE count ist extremly low (5 IDs, 7 BoEs)

Deleted
    The Officers in my mythic raiding guild are saying we should give them the BoE's so they can distribute. But the reality is that everyone has been keeping the items to themselves and there's nothing we can do about it. The Postmaster + Alt AH is OP.

If it's an upgrade to someone, give it to them. Else sell in AH to maintain guild repairs.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Casual heroic guild and everyone does whatever he wants. If it's an upgrade, equip it, if it's not, sell it on AH for gold

If it's an upgrade, keep it. If not, offer to the raid-if no one wants it, player who got it to drop is free to sell it or give it to an alt.

4, if relevant(during progress for example), othewrise those, who got the item, can do whatever they want with it.

We collect and distribute/sell. Though if this is going to be the norm going forward, I'll likely give first priority to whoever looted it.

In short, the new system is terrible for actual guilds and should be revisited. It's impossible to track unless everybody 100% loots everything, since anything gotten from the Postmaster is invisible to the guild news, so new members/trials with no attachment to the guild can easily just pocket BoEs by not looting during a raid. Not having the control over that and essentially promoting people to engage in shady tactics for relatively small amounts of gold in the grand scheme of things is just a terrible system.

Additionally, it just feels shitty to collect BoEs from people picking them up when you know it's personal loot. While it's better overall to make sure the best upgrades are happening for progression, there's just something lame about handing over a BoE that the game decided to loot to you.

The flippant attitude from Blizzard about how they pulled a fast one on greedy PUG leaders is just ignorant without letting actual raid groups override the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Officers collect and then distribute or sell.

Sure, you can be sneaky with postmaster and get a bit of gold. But gold is falling from the skies in this expansion, is that really worth screwing your guild over?

My guild provides all pots/flasks/gems/enchants, and bought a bunch of BoEs at the start of WoD to get everyone geared up. Of course I'm going to hand over any BoE that I get.

Heroic trash people can keep or sell.

Mythic loot people can equip if it's an upgrade or give to officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Like most others, when someone gets a BoE, we distribute it like it were normal boss loot (we use a modified DKP system - so basically it gets treated normally), and if no-one wants it, it goes to the officers to auction and fund guild repairs.

Equip it if it's an upgrade for you, otherwise we prefer they give it to an officer to distribute, though they don't technically have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before they were on personal loot, I collected BoEs that no one needed. First priority was to people in the raid who would use them on their raiding toon, but when it reached the point where no one needed them anymore, I banked the rest to sell for raid funds or to have on hand to help gear up new members or rerolls.

Since it's on personal loot this tier, I feel like an ass demanding people hand them over when the game awarded that loot specifically to them as an individual, so the rule currently is that if it's not an upgrade for the person for whom it drops, they need to offer it to raid mates for whom it is. If no one else in the raid needs it for their raiding toon, the player can do with it what they wish. That was my compromise, to make sure the raid as a whole is still benefiting from trash BoEs without making people surrender their personal loot.

I'm generally a heroic raider, although right now we're doing both heroic and normal.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Officers collect and then distribute or sell.

Sure, you can be sneaky with postmaster and get a bit of gold. But gold is falling from the skies in this expansion, is that really worth screwing your guild over?

My guild provides all pots/flasks/gems/enchants, and bought a bunch of BoEs at the start of WoD to get everyone geared up. Of course I'm going to hand over any BoE that I get.
    That.
    I mean sure you can be a sly bastard and postmaster, but how is that helping the guild that in turn helps you get loot from bosses...