Thread: Windows 10

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I miss SoundBlaster. I can't run it on my system because it's not compatible with my Razer Headset.
    I use Razer Tiamat 2.2 analog headset with my SB X-Fi Titanium... It's magical.

Honestly, will all the negativity about Razer I expected that headset to explode and blow my head off like after 1 month and yet it's going strong for almost a year for me (unprecedented life expectancy, all my previous headsets turned into shit like 6 months in... Roccat Kave 5.1 being the biggest joke that disintegrated in 3 months with it's idiotic hinges).

Tiamat on the other hand is frikkin' indestructible it seems.

If you get no sound after you update to 10 then all you have to do to get it to work again is go to PLAYBACK DEVICES>WHATEVER DEFAULT SOUND YOU HAVE>PROPERTIES>ADVANCED then change the default format. Use the test button as you go through the options to find the one that works for your system. I'm using 16bit, 48khz setting.

In a few years when everyone is having fun playing the latest dx12 games all the haters still stuck on xp,7,8,vista will just have to switch to 10 anyway.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2015-08-03 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    In a few years when everyone is having fun playing the latest dx12 games all the haters still stuck on xp,7,8,vista will just have to switch to 10 anyway.
    Honestly I'm not even sure what the hate is about - Windows 10 is basically a sleeker version of Windows 8.1, which was pretty good already minus the Metro bullshit which has been successfully eliminated in 10 (or made actually user friendly and not tablet friendly). Honestly now that Metro does not explode in my face all over the screen, I actually like it and Win10 personal assistant is really good too.

Really, Windows 7 people need to finally let go... I'm not even sure what they are fighting for at this point.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-08-03 at 01:40 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Really, Windows 7 people need to finally let go... I'm not even sure what they are fighting for at this point.
    There are two valid points I've seen that makes me say they should stick with Windows 7:

-Windows Media Center is gone since Windows 8.
    -Drivers/Hardware outdated/not available for Windows 10.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I will let go when win 10 works as it should, not b4, so far it does not. Will see in october when creative decides to release my soundcards drivers and hopefully some other crap gets fixed in the meantime, I'm not against win 10 but as with many game releaseq these days it is an extended beta test and needs time to get the bugs fixed/driver support

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Relativist fallacy that though. I mean, there's a reason the service pack did what it did and why W10 looks like it does. It's been repeated ad nauseam everywhere, but to list a few of my gripes:

Charms
    Apps
    Loss of features
    Microsoft account spam
    Does W8 have a network map yet?
    Unbelievably unintuitive, youtube videos aplenty for this
    Admin rights are a nightmare
    So is network sharing
    havent faced any of these issues to be honest. i guess i have to use it longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I will let go when win 10 works as it should, not b4, so far it does not. Will see in october when creative decides to release my soundcards drivers and hopefully some other crap gets fixed in the meantime, I'm not against win 10 but as with many game releaseq these days it is an extended beta test and needs time to get the bugs fixed/driver support
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    They probably are meaning drivers with win 10. I haven't had any problems, but apparently a lot of people are having driver issues. Since this is an early release there is bound to be issues. Nothing is stopping you from rolling back (except spending a couple hours doing it) until these issues are fixed. Either way, its a free upgraded OS that I'm in love with. Although Cortana doesn't seem to listen if I just call out something which is kind of upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    I already mentioned in another forum post, monitor going to sleep when launching wow, missing soundcard drivers (obiousy not Microsofts fault but need em anyways, the 3rd party ones were working but no good sound quality and my remote did not work anymore for changing volume), borderlands 2 not working, no extensions in edge, no choice to stream hd in netflix did not look further to find more things not working and rolled back to 7 for the time beeing.

There will be a bug-fix patch issued for Windows 10 in "early August".

http://www.windowscentral.com/first-...arly-next-week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I already mentioned in another forum post, monitor going to sleep when launching wow, missing soundcard drivers (obiousy not Microsofts fault but need em anyways, the 3rd party ones were working but no good sound quality and my remote did not work anymore for changing volume), borderlands 2 not working, no extensions in edge, no choice to stream hd in netflix did not look further to find more things not working and rolled back to 7 for the time beeing.
    I'll suppose that you tried to install Win7/8.1 sound driver using the device manager and liking the files yourself, if it didn't work then well...

My monitor never goes sleep regardless of what I do, obviously doesn't go sleep with WoW, something at your PC was wrong. Might be bad graphics drivers. But I'll also suppose that you tried to uninstall and then reinstall.

borderlands 2 works... Netflix HD also works.

No extensions in Edge isn't a problem, is a lack of feature, you don't even have Edge at other Windows so this doesn't make any sense, why not use FF/Chrome in the time being until MS gives Edge extension support? That's what you probably use at 7/8.1 anyway.

Honestly, nothing of what you said is a Win10 problem.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-08-03 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    They probably are meaning drivers with win 10. I haven't had any problems, but apparently a lot of people are having driver issues. Since this is an early release there is bound to be issues. Nothing is stopping you from rolling back (except spending a couple hours doing it) until these issues are fixed. Either way, its a free upgraded OS that I'm in love with. Although Cortana doesn't seem to listen if I just call out something which is kind of upsetting.
    You have to say "Hey Cortana" first. And that is only if you set it up to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    You have to say "Hey Cortana" first. And that is only if you set it up to do that.
    Or type Win+C, also works =)

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Good find.

For those that don't know how to use PowerShell, just click on the Search with Cortana and typ in PowerShell. Easy as that, right click the application to run as admin. Then typ these two commands, each being an individual line:
    So you recommend turning off the tracking services by using the one piece of the OS (Cortana) that tracks and sends more data about you than any other?

I turned off Cortana as soon as I could as I have no use for it, but the process keeps running, cannot be stopped (it just restarts itself) and cannot be disabled. It took me 3 hrs and a lot of sodding around with system files, permissions and the like to finally turn it off permanently..

If I select something to be turned off in the settings, I expect it to turn off, not lay dormant and track what I do 'just in case it may be needed' or for whatever other reason MS would like to concoct that 'it's vital to the OS'

Not a good start to my experience with Win 10.
    Last edited by Koyoti; 2015-08-03 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    So you recommend turning off the tracking services by using the one piece of the OS (Cortana) that tracks and sends more data about you than any other?

I turned off Cortana as soon as I could as I have no use for it, but the process keeps running, cannot be stopped (it just restarts itself) and cannot be disabled. It took me 3 hrs and a lot of sodding around with system files, permissions and the like to finally turn it off permanently..

If I select something to be turned off in the settings, I expect it to turn off, not lay dormant and track what I do 'just in case it may be needed' or for whatever other reason MS would like to concoct that 'it's vital to the OS'

He meant Windows Search. Cortana is the voice assistant that uses the search...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post

Cortana was the easiest way to find it, but sure, you can use Win+R and typ Powershell in there, that launches it as well. To me, Cortana is not even available in my region and language.

In addition, found this link that tells you what you must disable (with pictures), also about Cortana, for those interested:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-tu...ing-windows-10
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Cortana was the easiest way to find it, but sure, you can use Win+R and typ Powershell in there, that launches it as well. To me, Cortana is not even available in my region and language.

In addition, found this link that tells you what you must disable (with pictures), also about Cortana, for those interested:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-tu...ing-windows-10
    I just find it annoying that MS don't allow you to turn off cortana and some of the other data gathering services, even if you turn them off in the settings.
    As you say cortana is not available to you in your country (mostly, I suspect, because programming it to understand every language/location on release would be prohibitive) but you can search using it therefore it must be running in the background on your PC, so what's it doing?
    Only reasonable answer I can come up with is gathering data to send to MS.

If you don't mind that then good for you, but I don't want my OS sending the contents of my e-mails, e-mail addresses, contact lists, credit card info and transactions, browsing habits or any other info to MS and until such time as they allow us to turn it (and all the other 'metrics') off completely, it's not an OS I'm going to be using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Im still waiting for the notification that i can install it. been waiting 3 days now since i got the windows button on me toolbar.
    What i have noticed though is when i have a look in windows update page (i manually have been clicking 'check for upgrades' just to see if anything pops up :P ) , it states ;

Updates were installed ; Today at 12:19 (Failed) View update history

When i click view update history it has a list saying ;

Upgrade to windows 10 Failed Important 02/08/2015
    Upgrade to windows 10 Failed Important 02/08/2015
    Upgrade to windows 10 Failed Important 01/08/2015
    Upgrade to windows 10 Failed Important 01/08/2015
    etc etc

Not sure if its trying to do something but something is making it fail all the time or its ready to go and its waiting for some sort of activation from Microsoft that its my turn to download and install or whatever.
    Gonna have a search on Google.

P.s im not liking all this bad experiences with nvidia gfx cards though. I have a 680 at mo and i know its gonna be a bastard to me, i have that type of luck with pc's
    i am having this exact same problem. only mine has done this 8 times it has tried spread out over the last 5 days. meanwhile it says it will notify me when it's ready to install.
    upgrade to windows 10 failed 8/3/15, 3 times on 8/2/15 once on 8/1/2015 once on 7/30/2015 and 7/31/2015 once on 7/29/2015 and twice on 7/28/2015.
    noticed it when i was trying to find the registry editor for an unrelated task.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-08-04 at 04:00 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I have had a couple bugs I wonder if anyone else has had.

Bug 1: Everything on my task bar kinda just go's away like a reset and then reapears like 10-15sec later.
    Bug 2: Things in Chrome like downloads don't pop up.

Bug 1 kinda fix's itself and is rare but bug 2 requires me to log out and back in to fix.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Using firefox myself since thats where all my bookmarks are XD no issues with it on 10
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.