Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It's hard to feel sympathy for someone like this. It's CHINA. You know better.
    Big penalties don't stop people. It just makes it more profitable, and most people do not get caught.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Damn, why would she do something so dumb?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I hope China stands their ground and the axe falls.

Deleted
    yeah you don't mess with asian countries' drug policies

Deleted
    They'll shoot her and sell her organs.

People know they're strict about this yet they take the risk. Isn't this the same as walking into a lion's den covered in tasty meat and get surpriced when the lions attack you? Logic is the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah you don't mess with asian countries' drug policies
    Hey, not all countries kill people for it, we don't kill people for it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Assuming it is true, well...
    There wont be death sentence, she is a foreigner, probably a lot of bla bla bla between politicians/diplomats, then few years or deportation, IMHO.
    Anyways, even with all the people executed in China nothing has changed for good.
    maybe but repeat offenders rates are very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    There have been executions of Americans, Europeans, Australians etc, and their government couldn't do much about it. Unlikely the Colombian government will achieve what American or European governments failed to achieve.
    Quite recently I think there was an execution in Malaysia of an Australian. I actually find the notion that a foreign government should subvert the justice system of another country to be rather off. If they go there and do as they please it should be out of their home nation's hands.

Does not sound too harsh, they will probably even be quick and efficient about it.

I wish the US would adopt similar policies

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Does not sound too harsh, they will probably even be quick and efficient about it.

I wish the US would adopt similar policies
    I might regret it later, but I would like to know your definition of harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    I'm wagering Spanish Inqusition.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    People know they're strict about this yet they take the risk. Isn't this the same as walking into a lion's den covered in tasty meat and get surpriced when the lions attack you? Logic is the same.
    OMG, quit victim blaming! <tosses hair>

That said, she does in fact deserve the punishment. Most drug laws are basically stupidity laws; you have no one to blame but yourself in the vast majority of cases, and those where you are legitimately innocent (such as having someone plant the drugs on you, or are otherwise forcing you through death threats or the like) certainly deserve to have such punishments waived. But considering how much of a minority such situations are (we're talking significantly less than 1%), it should and is taken with a grain of salt when someone tries to pull that drek.

This situation doesn't read like that at all, however. Instead, it reads more like some dumb bimbo seeing too many episodes of Orange is the New Black and hoping to follow in those footsteps. And as such, she completely and utterly deserves whatever punishments she is given. Do something stupid in a country where you know the punishments are brutal? Only yourself to blame.
    Last edited by Deviant Groove; 2015-07-31 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    As harsh as the death penalty may sound for drug smuggling, she should have known the rules. Also, wtf does her being a model have anything to do with this? is the media trying to enforce more pitty on her for being "attractive" ?

To paraphrase lord Jaraxxus "Your ignorance will be your undoing", seriously a single google search would have educated her enough to not do it. Unless she was blackmailed into it or something, entirely her fault. (I don't know who originally came up with the quote so I will quote it form where I found it)

Also, what psychoactive drugs was she smuggling exactly ? from a quick google search it could have been; Alcohol, Tobacco (perhaps just cigarettes), cocaine, ecstasy and heroin. Pretty steep curve within that list.

Edit, just realised it's "arrogance" not "ignorance", meh I still stand by what I meant.
    Last edited by mmoc073d675b99; 2015-07-31 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post

30+ years in prison with nothing when you come out, or a death sentence that takes 18 years of waiting before it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    She needs disciplining yes. Lots and lots of disciplining.

Killing? Not so much.

(Thinking about it, if it was some gnarled dude I would care.)
    A better punishment would be to make her fat with kfc, pizza, and crispy creams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...=NYDailyNewsTw

o_O Please don't kill her China, donate her to me for personal use!

Yeah... pretty sure she'd rather die.

=D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teebone View Post
    yeah... Pretty sure she'd rather die.

=d
    buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    China's laws are disgusting and brutal but at least they are administered somewhat equitably.

- - - Updated - - -

no amount of drug smuggling should result in a death penalty, but China's totalitarian regime is fucked up.
    They've tricked and killed people for less - tiananmen square.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn!
    Where's muh brofist bro?