Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What's a regular tip for delivery?

I live in the pacific north west any delivery drivers know how much is a average tip on a $24.00 order from Jimmy Johns?

20% so that's like $4-$5 dollars.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    20% so that's like $4-$5 dollars.
    As a delivery driver I never really worried about a percentage. If I have to drive half way across the city I would like to have been tipped more than if I just delivered around the block.

With that said, my standard was always $2 minimum. If I got 2 bucks and I would leave satisfied. More was always better of course, but anything less than $ just felt like a waste of my time.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    depends, is there a delivery charge?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    As a delivery driver I never really worried about a percentage. If I have to drive half way across the city I would like to have been tipped more than if I just delivered around the block.

With that said, my standard was always $2 minimum. If I got 2 bucks and I would leave satisfied. More was always better of course, but anything less than $ just felt like a waste of my time.
    Yeah I've always given at least $2. If it's a big order, I try to match the scale of the order (usually between 10-15%) with my tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Delivery charges don't go to the drivers, unfortunately.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Generally (and I say generally, but I have never seen anything to contrary) the delivery charge does nothing to compensate the driver. They still make whatever minimum tip wage is ($2.13/hr around here)

As far as tipping in the pacific northwest goes, I probably wouldn't tip. I might toss them a couple bucks if they gave me a reason to by doing something exceptional such as picking me up a six pack. Delivery drivers are paid at the least whatever the minimum wage is (~$9/hr) BEFORE tips in Oregon and Washington.
    Last edited by Nengal; 2015-08-02 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Depends on the company. Dominoes pays the driver a portion of the delivery charge. You're also still being paid your hourly wage while delivering.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    Generally (and I say generally, but I have never seen anything to contrary) the delivery charge does nothing to compensate the driver. They still make whatever minimum tip wage is ($2.13/hr around here)

As far as tipping in the pacific northwest goes, I probably wouldn't tip. I might toss them a couple bucks if they gave me a reason to by doing something exceptional such as picking me up a six pack. Delivery drivers are paid at the least whatever the minimum wage is (~$9/hr) BEFORE tips in Oregon and Washington.
    holy shit this is disgusting, I thought I was making fuck all at $18 in australia and was happy when I turned 18 and started making $23 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    holy shit this is disgusting, I thought I was making fuck all at $18 in australia and was happy when I turned 18 and started making $23 an hour.
    May be different economies but 18 an hour where I live is more than a liveable wage.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

When I worked Jimmy John's here in Mississippi, the people around here are used to the tipping culture. In the better parts of town I could get up to $15 tips from people. I got a $200 tip from the university I studied at. Jimmy John's is a good place to work for as far as tips go.

atleast 15%

i usually give 20% though

unless my girl yells at me

I usually only tip $4-5 no matter how much I pay

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the distance and the weather conditions. I've tipped $20 on a $10 pizza because it was a torrential downpour and the driver was smart enough to carry an umbrella so he and my pizza didn't get wet.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Really? another thread about tipping?

15% if you're feeling cheap
    20% if you're a normal person
    More if you're awesome.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Pro tip: Don't tip.

Depends on the company. Dominoes pays the driver a portion of the delivery charge. You're also still being paid your hourly wage while delivering.
    No they dont, It says so on the box, none of the charge goes to us at all.

As a rule of thumb and to echo what someone said before, it doesnt bother me on how much you order, i can carry 3 bags fine, its the distance. But 2 min makes me happy. Judge it by a rule of thumb of how far you are from the pizza place, and try not to order durring peak times ie durring week 4-7 and you will get your pizza much faster. If a pizza place is close by ill tip 2-3. If they have to driver 10+ minutes to get to me i go at least 5 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Pro tip: Don't tip.
    They're legally obligated to report tips so if they don't get tipped they get paid at least minimum wage. Imo if we all stop tipping they'll be just fine.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by ProbeA91 View Post
    I live in the pacific north west any delivery drivers know how much is a average tip on a $24.00 order from Jimmy Johns?
    $5.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Just the tip?

I tip nothing, we don't tip here in Australia because we have proper wages and the places usually pay the drivers/waiters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Really? another thread about tipping?

15% if you're feeling cheap
    20% if you're a normal person
    More if you're awesome.
    People seriously spend $50 on a meal (which isn't even that much) and tip $10? Guess I'm just cheap then.