New gaming build after 3 years!

Hey guys! So after 3 year I decided to build a new computer. You guys have really helped me out in the past and would love some help again.

Budget: $1000(Flexible) Would like to spend as little as possible to do what I need

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Games / Settings Desired: Assume Ultra settings and 60fps unless otherwise stated WoW - 60fps in raids(Ultra minus the big graphics hogs in raids ie. shadows ect. is fine), HoTS, Witcher 3, Ark: Survival Evolved, Hearthstone(because a toaster could run it...lol), LoL, Final Fantasy XIV
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Multitasking - I would like a second monitor and a third down the road. I plan on having WoW on one screen HoTS/LoL on another and Hearthstone + internet with 10+tabs on the third. (I know, I am crazy.) Would like to be streaming capable but only if it doesn't require too much more.

Parts that can be reused: None, since I'd like to save my old computer for a server/guest/emergancy use.I got a good deal on a SSD so I went ahead and ordered it. Try to include the SSD in the budget, but you don't have to: 500gb Samsung 850 EVO. Paid $160 + tax

Do you need an OS? Yes

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Wouldn't mind a good mouse and keyboard that are not overly expensive. Although I find the more expensive stuff doesn't seem to last long. The $15 Walmart keyboard and mouse I am using has lasted longer than all the expensive stuff and I have had less issues with them. I would like a second and third monitor, although I don't expect to be able to fit a third in my budget; currently using a AOC. If a second monitor doesn't fit in the budget don't sweat it. I can get it down the road.

I know I might be asking a lot for my budget and I am willing to settle for less if needed, but if you need to cut performance let me know what I'll be losing in the process.
    I am also aware that Intel is releasing a new chip set around September. I expect there will be a price drop for current gen processors however I want to know if it's worth waiting for either a much better price on current gen or much better performance for price on the new gen or at least what kind for price drop for the old possessors/price for the new ones.
    Also if there are any price drops or such for other parts that I may benefit from waiting a bit, I am willing to hold off for a little while.

Thanks for all the help in the past and in advance for all the help I'm about to get!

NINJA EDIT: I also would like to overclock my CPU. I don't have any experience with it, but would like to give it a shot.

EDIT2: Changed the budget to be a bit more flexible. Also don't have to include the SSD in the price if it's going to kill the budget.
    Last edited by coolman298; 2015-07-31 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    At this point i'd say wait for another month and buy new gen cpu. The cpu prices alone will douptfuly drop, you might find a good combo deal deal around tho if you drop in some shops like microcenter, for a cpu/mobo/ram combo. Other than that i know the ssd seemed like a good deal but you basically butchered your budget with it. You spended over 100$ of what you should have on a ssd, which would have covered that o/s at least, since a 250/256gb would have been enough in the 85-95$ area.

If you don't want to wait the following is what i would go for now since you already bought the ssd. Which bring you overbudget as i mentioned earlier. If you wanna cut down really i would get a gtx960 instead of the 970 but witcher 3 will struggle. You should expect with a gtx960 to run at 40-50fps from having a look at some benchmarks.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($111.88 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($318.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($63.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $938.79
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-31 05:19 EDT-0400

Thanks for the response! If the SSD is putting that much of a dent in the budget then feel free to not to include it. My budget is flexible, I just didn't want to go crazy on stuff.
    Also I see that 970 will handle almost everything very well for now, but in the future it will eventually start showing some age. Would it be better to SLI or just upgrade to whatever the new card is at the time?

EDIT: Will 8gb of ram be enough for all the multi-tasking I am doing?
    Last edited by coolman298; 2015-07-31 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolman298 View Post
    Thanks for the response! If the SSD is putting that much of a dent in the budget then feel free to not to include it. My budget is flexible, I just didn't want to go crazy on stuff.
    Also I see that 970 will handle almost everything very well for now, but in the future it will eventually start showing some age. Would it be better to SLI or just upgrade to whatever the new card is at the time?

EDIT: Will 8gb of ram be enough for all the multi-tasking I am doing?
    You definitely want an SSD regardless.

As far as the 970 goes, it's a pretty darn good card and even probably somewhat overkill for the 1080p rez. It will be more than sufficient for another 3 yrs in most cases, up to 2560x1440. Generally speaking by the time a card like that starts to significantly struggle, you're probably looking at a new computer.

The technology in the graphics cards is changing quite rapidly at the moment, with things like the move to the High-Bandwidth-Memory and there's the additional question of DX12, though that may well improve performance. So it is difficult to predict too much down the road.

Mind you the current generations of cards barely hacks it at 4k resolutions, even with 2 top end cards in sli/crossfire. So if you jump up significantly in resolution that will change things.

I would strongly recommend that you have more ram if you're planning on having 3 games running at the same time. Keep in mind that running games in windowed mode does generally hurt your frame rates.

Buy the extra monitors after you've got a solid computer. $1000 doesn't go that far if you're buying 2 additional monitors.

So I'm going to put this build on hold and wait for Skylake.
    However, I still will be buying a new graphics card now since my old one died a couple months back. I just wanted to check if a single 970 could support a triple monitor setup in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by coolman298 View Post
    I just wanted to check if a single 970 could support a triple monitor setup in the future?
    Depends on what you mean by "support", most video cards today will support a minimum of 3 monitors and most will support more for displaying email/web pages/excel etc...

However, if you want to run a single game on multiple monitors (surround mode - 3x1920x1080 ex.) then you are rapidly hitting resolutions where a single card however powerful will struggle.