Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Dungeon bonus reputation event is just another fail

Who thought it was a good idea to only tie reputations to certain dungeons? All I need is laughing skull.........vast majority of dungeons do not give reputation for laughing skull. So what's the point of this event unless you have no rep to exalted?

Can the developers, for the love of god, just once use their brains? We had the perfect system in MoP but somewhere on the line a massive and collective brain fart happened

10+ Year Old Account
    The perfect system in MoP where you only got 600 for your first heroic of the day with a chosen faction? I think the 600 may have been with the double rep heirloom/account system, and the rep portion was only added in 5.1 or 5.2.

This is a throwback to TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The perfect system in MoP where you only got 600 for your first heroic of the day with a chosen faction?

Because killing thousands of mobs for 5-10 rep each was better right? At least MoP you could do dailies on top of the daily dungeon. And you didn't need a special event.

This event is completely pointless and a massive time waster if you have 1-2 reps on exalted.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they repeat this, I'll be away all weekend :/

Sig by Isilrien

I would wish that we'd just get championing for the weekend, so we could choose what faction to boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I would wish that we'd just get championing for the weekend, so we could choose what faction to boost.
    Exactly, that would actually make sense.

But there is no sense or logic at Blizzard, they are completely clueless.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you were referring to the MoP method of rep as a whole, not the MoP dungeon rep.

That said, as of 6.2 I'd say WoD is fine, you have an entire weekend to run reps, as well as apexis areas to grind as much as you want, BoE tokens that give 1000+ with every faction at once.

You're a bit late to cry about this, and now they're doing more and more about making it easier to get rep that apparently is another fail? Not a fix for the problem.

The perfect system in MoP where you only got 600 for your first heroic of the day with a chosen faction? I think the 600 may have been with the double rep heirloom/account system, and the rep portion was only added in 5.1 or 5.2.

No, perfect and most sensible system was the one from TBC, where themed instances gave rep to the proper faction.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    The events cycle every 7 or so weekends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    No, perfect and most sensible system was the one from TBC, where themed instances gave rep to the proper faction.
    I was being sarcastic, where he said MoP was perfect, and then I explained why the MoP method was trash (with reference to dungeon only rep gains).

I too preferred the TBC method, championing felt cheap, why would this faction care that I killed those mobs that had nothing to do with them.

Deleted
    So you were referring to the MoP method of rep as a whole, not the MoP dungeon rep.

That said, as of 6.2 I'd say WoD is fine, you have an entire weekend to run reps, as well as apexis areas to grind as much as you want, BoE tokens that give 1000+ with every faction at once.

You're a bit late to cry about this, and now they're doing more and more about making it easier to get rep that apparently is another fail? Not a fix for the problem.
    600 rep for a daily heroic is MUCH MUCH better than what we had at 6.0.

Afaik you cannot get rep in tanaan for 6.0 reps. Which are still a horrible grind unless you are willing to fork out hundreds of thousands of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Who thought it was a good idea to only tie reputations to certain dungeons? All I need is laughing skull.........vast majority of dungeons do not give reputation for laughing skull. So what's the point of this event unless you have no rep to exalted?

Can the developers, for the love of god, just once use their brains? We had the perfect system in MoP but somewhere on the line a massive and collective brain fart happened
    So which one/s give laughing skull then? It's the only one I need to. I assume Everbloom gives LS rep, maybe Irondocks since it's close to the Pit, maybe.

Im guessing Bloodmaul slag gives frostwolf, skyreach gives arakkoa.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    I was being sarcastic, where he said MoP was perfect, and then I explained why the MoP method was trash (with reference to dungeon only rep gains).

I too preferred the TBC method, championing felt cheap, why would this faction care that I killed those mobs that had nothing to do with them.
    I was refering to letting us choose which faction we can get rep with.

But even 600 daily rep is better than none you genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    So which one/s give laughing skull then? It's the only one I need to. I assume Everbloom gives LS rep, maybe Irondocks since it's close to the Pit, maybe.

Im guessing Bloodmaul slag gives frostwolf, skyreach gives arakkoa.
    Everbloom is the only one for LS afaik. It's a complete joke.

I suppose I might as well ask.

Anyone know what dungeons give Laughing Skull rep? I probably already know, but asking anyway. I know Auchindoun does and guessing Everbloom does too.

Everbloom is the only one for LS afaik. It's a complete joke.
    Auchindoun too, so I guess those two.

auch and everbloom give laughing rep
    4-5k from full clear of everbloom with lvl 3 trading post

10+ Year Old Account
    600 rep for a daily heroic is MUCH MUCH better than what we had at 6.0.

Afaik you cannot get rep in tanaan for 6.0 reps. Which are still a horrible grind unless you are willing to fork out hundreds of thousands of gold.
    Firstly, we are no longer in 6.0, so that's largely irrelevant, secondly, you get 4 chances per day to get the token that gives you 1000-1300 (with tp and dmf buffs) in Tanaan, as well as rare spawn garrison missions that give the tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

I was refering to letting us choose which faction we can get rep with.

But even 600 daily rep is better than none you genius.
    You're comparing it to a situation that is not current.

You can do Auchindoun and Everbloom once each on heroic for around 4000 rep each (8000) per day. Then you can run them both on Mythic as many times as you want.

You could also try getting them in the random queue.

Deleted
    Firstly, we are no longer in 6.0, so that's largely irrelevant, secondly, you get 4 chances per day to get the token that gives you 1000-1300 (with tp and dmf buffs) in Tanaan, as well as rare spawn garrison missions that give the tokens.
    Rare camping and being rng lucky sure is the perfect rep system for 6.0.

Much better than MoP of course. White knight tosser.

- - - Updated - - -

You can do Auchindoun and Everbloom once each on heroic for around 4000 rep each (8000) per day. Then you can run them both on Mythic as many times as you want.

You could also try getting them in the random queue.
    I will never do a mythic dungeon, I refuse to do cheap copy paste content.

And sure, let me randomely queue and waste hours until I get the dungeon I need. That's 2015 gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rare camping and being rng lucky sure is the perfect rep system for 6.0.

Much better than MoP of course. White knight tosser.
    Insults are childish, and all you are doing is complaining about the old system, something from previous patches. Did I gather rep in 6.0? No, why, because the system was ridiculous, but they've fixed it in a number of different ways, including these dungeons and the tokens.

Deleted
    Insults are childish, and all you are doing is complaining about the old system, something from previous patches. Did I gather rep in 6.0? No, why, because the system was ridiculous, but they've fixed it in a number of different ways, including these dungeons and the tokens.
    Nothing was fixed. You cannot gain rep reliable at your own leisure outside of kill grinding. Only with luck or loads of gold. And you claim this is better than MoP or Wotlk. How is that better? It's a complete mess.

What about people who cannot partake in these events?

Stop being a cheerleader and use your brain for once.

10+ Year Old Account

I will never do a mythic dungeon, I refuse to do cheap copy paste content.

And sure, let me randomely queue and waste hours until I get the dungeon I need. That's 2015 gameplay.
    Oh right, so you wanted them to post you the rewards for exalted in the mailbox?

You won't camp the rares in Tanaan (a few minutes each in group finder unless you're on oceanic realms), you won't run Mythics, you won't queue to random dungeons, you won't buy the tokens, is there anything you will do for the rep?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing was fixed. You cannot gain rep reliable at your own leisure.

That's why the MoP systemw as better. What about people who cannot partake in these events?

Stop being a cheerleader and use your brain for once.
    The MoP system where you were limited to X amount of rep per day, missing a day delayed you by at least a day.

I disagree with you so I am a tosser, white knight, cheerleader.

I'm sorry that I find the current methods of acquiring rep to be acceptable, and that I don't keep going back to patch 6.0 to form my arguments.

All I hear is "I don't wanna play this game, I wanna get all rewards for free off a vendor in my garrison". If a rep grind is too hard for you then don't do it, I really don't see the problem.
    "One day I'm just gonna get off the bus and run into the woods and I'm never gonna
    come back, and when I come back, I'm gonna be the knife master."

Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan