Thread: Getting tattoos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah I definitely would not get cheap work done for something permanent and am going to think about it for at least a year or two, I am in the process of losing weight so when I reach my goal and see how I feel and shit like that. I definitely don't have anything I would really get tattood on myself other than something relating to a tiger (my cat of 12 years passed and her name was tiger, yeah it's a cat but was in my life for 12 of 22 years and I was close to my pets). Ultimately I would probably end up just getting a pokemon sleeve as pokemon haas more meaning to me than the others, I went through some things hwne I was younger that just playing my gameboy helped me through like breaking my leg and unable to go on family vacations etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna have to side with the people saying don't do it. Tattoos in general don't make a person look as good as they'd look without, some places aren't as likely to hire people who have them, and it's just not a smart move in the long run usually. Along with the fact that your body isn't going to keep the same shape to hold the image, people are always changing and there's a good chance you'd regret it later on.
    As I said before, getting a tattoo is not about what others will think of you. It is what you would think of you. It is a act of self expression. It's how you want to portray yourself, not how other's receive it.

"Like me or not, this is me, and I love me."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Yeah I definitely would not get cheap work done for something permanent and am going to think about it for at least a year or two, I am in the process of losing weight so when I reach my goal and see how I feel and shit like that. I definitely don't have anything I would really get tattood on myself other than something relating to a tiger (my cat of 12 years passed and her name was tiger, yeah it's a cat but was in my life for 12 of 22 years and I was close to my pets). Ultimately I would probably end up just getting a pokemon sleeve as pokemon haas more meaning to me than the others, I went through some things hwne I was younger that just playing my gameboy helped me through like breaking my leg and unable to go on family vacations etc.
    Perfect = )

That is just the kind of thought process you should use when deciding on a tattoo.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we think is irrelevant unless you're doing it mostly for the following reason, don't act for a second like they aren't there for attention and/or to start up a conversation.

Also keep in mind how shitty they'll look when you're older.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I have tattoos on my neck, arms, wrists...everywhere really pretty sure at least 70% of my body is covered in ink, all about things from my life or my interests. But yes that is completely normal. A guy I know has Sindagrosa on one shoulder/arm and then Deathwing on the other.
    Just out of interest, what kind of job do you have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    What we think is irrelevant unless you're doing it mostly for the following reason, don't act for a second like they aren't there for attention and/or to start up a conversation.

I have 2 tattoos. One on my upper right arm, and one on the side of my right calf.

The only time these are seen, is when I am at the beach. They are for me, not for attention.

7+ Year Old Account

If your just getting a tattoo for attention then their are bigger problems that you should be dealing with. Mind you my tattoo is on my upper arm, no one really sees it ever short of them being at my gym and even then I have never once been asked about it or brought it up.

7+ Year Old Account

Not everyone gets tattoos for this reason, not that there's anything wrong with being proud of your tats and using them as an ice-breaker. Some people you know may even have tattoos but have never told you about them because they got them for very private and personal reasons. Actually, given your attitude about tats I would say this is even probable rather than merely possible.

Deleted
    As long as you know the artist is good get whatever the hell you want. It's hard to know if you will ever regret them or not, but as long as you get what you want then who the hell cares?

Personally in school I was picked on for liking things that not everyone liked, like Pokemon, but I never gave a shit even at that age because I liked it. But then I also made a load of friends who were into it too and they were better friends than anyone I could ask for, including my fiance :3 (I said like a lot in that sentence sorry but I'm too ill to be articulate right now xD )

As long as it looks how you want it, and you like it, then do it. I have seen so many shit and/or meaningless tattoos that I hate those more than anything.

I've often considered a tattoo but there are many personal reasons why I don't think I will ever actually get any, but that's me. You want one go get one then who the hell cares? If they do care they aren't worth your time. It's like making fun of someone for listening to the same music for 50 years, it's nostalgic and reminds you of the good old days, and that's really what tats end up doing in the end.

10+ Year Old Account

That's your opinion... mine is they look good. Just to be clear if your expecting to look fabulous as you get older you're in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy anyone's bullshit reason for getting tats.

You have a brain that works and can retain memories, the literal only reason to imprint your skin with something like that is for others to see it.

Maaaaaybe you could stretch that to say you want a visual aid of some type for motivation so when you're doing a certain activity and/or when you're looking in the mirror before you shower you'll see it.

It's not easy to discern emphasis from text, I really have no issues with tats, but I'm just tired of people lying about why they have them.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think sleeves are ugly, but do what you like. The fact that you're considering some anime seems cool to me. I were to ever get a tattoo it would be something small, but somewhere easily visible.

7+ Year Old Account

You have a brain that works and can retain memories, the literal only reason to imprint your skin with something like that is for others to see it.

Maaaaaybe you could stretch that to say you want a visual aid of some type for motivation so when you're doing a certain activity and/or when you're looking in the mirror before you shower you'll see it.

It's not easy to discern emphasis from text, I really have no issues with tats, but I'm just tired of people lying about why they have them.
    I think that you are having some difficulty escaping your own perspective. Just because vanity seems like the only viable reason to get a tattoo to you doesn't mean it's the hidden agenda of every tattoo enthusiast.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it makes you happy, go ahead!
    But I suggest what they already said before: once you know the tatoo you want, wait for 1 year.
    If after that time you still want to do it, then it's perfect.

I applied this rule.. and now I'm glad I don't have a giant jolly roger on my back.
    Not against tatoos tho. I'll have that one.. someday..

10+ Year Old Account

So do you keep photo albums around? I know I have a ton of old pictures in boxes for me to look through to remember things and feel nostalgic.

10+ Year Old Account
    my first thought is

Ha, GAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYEEEE

but you don't get tattoos to impress other people, so whatever. if it's what you really want then go for it, but eh.. i wouldn't, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    my first thought is

Ha, GAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYEEEE

but you don't get tattoos to impress other people, so whatever. if it's what you really want then go for it, but eh.. i wouldn't, personally.
    How can getting tattoos be gay? What on earth does that have to do with anyones sexuality?

The amount of people bashing down on people with tattoos here is so extreme. And the argument "you will look shit when you're old!" is so dumb, who looks good when they are old? Atleast I will have my wrinkles in colors, and not just gray or burned leather. And my body will tell stories of my life.

But then again, if you need to ask people about what they think about you getting a tattoo, you shouldn't get it in the first place. It is your body, not anyone elses. My parents almost killed me when I came home with my first tattoo at 18, then a week after they came and apologized, and said it was my body and I should do with it as I pleased, and never let anyone tell me anything else. Sound like a good rule for me.
    The sad part is that even though we live in 2015, people still judge a person by his body, and thus having tattoos can make it harder for you to get a job, but just have a thumb rule: If you can't hide it with simple shirt and pants, dont get it. That way you can chose when to show it, and when to hide it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I have a tattoo of a close family member who died tattooed on my back. I don't take my shirt off in public for any reason- I don't go to beaches or swimming pools. This is, in fact, the first time I've even mentioned it. No one outside of family are aware of it. So no, there are many fucking reasons people get tattoos, that have absolutely nothing to do with the opinions of fucking randoms.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Just out of interest, what kind of job do you have?
    Used to work in commercial roofing, now I own a small commercial roofing business and majority ownership of 4 restaurants. I don't really work much anymore..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Used to work in commercial roofing, now I own a small commercial roofing business and majority ownership of 4 restaurants. I don't really work much anymore..
    That is a lot of business risk there. lol. I really hope the best for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    How can getting tattoos be gay? What on earth does that have to do with anyones sexuality?

The amount of people bashing down on people with tattoos here is so extreme. And the argument "you will look shit when you're old!" is so dumb, who looks good when they are old? Atleast I will have my wrinkles in colors, and not just gray or burned leather. And my body will tell stories of my life.
    i think you missed the context of my comment entirely

but actually yeah a digimon tattoo probably is going to look like shit when you're old