Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What if it's released in November, it's free of Charge, and it's half again?

It would follow what Microsoft did with Windows 8. People were disappointed-> People got 8.1 very soon for free while at the same time it wasn't too different.

Deleted
    If it's free then it's hard to complain.

Deleted
    If it's free I'll eat my hat. Once I've actually bought one but I'll eat it straight away!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcadius View Post
    If it's free I'll eat my hat. Once I've actually bought one but I'll eat it straight away!

They make a lot of money from micro-transactions. Subscriptions for one became basically free for a lot of us anyway. e.g. I have 800,000g on a realm I no longer play on so for me there is no need or point to pay subscription (and there is no way of knowing if Blizzard actually backs my gold with real money from others buying tokens, we only have their word[but, they may back it with money I "bring in" by making the game more successful in general!]).

It might be time they also thought the expansion too could become sort of free for a lot of us.

Well, at least for this next expansion, due to WoD disappointment some seem to express.

Blizzard give something away? Surely you jest.

That said if that did happen I'd respect them more for it. They didn't have a full development cycle for the next one whereas this previous one did and even that was all but empty. So I'm not optimistic for quality.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    No. Even half the normal expac price would be astonishing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Blizzard give something away? Surely you jest.

That said if that did happen I'd respect them more for it. They didn't have a full development cycle for the next one whereas this previous one did and even that was all but empty. So I'm not optimistic for quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulpozorus View Post
    No. Even half the normal expac price would be astonishing.

It will not be for free. It will give them more general success and that indirectly brings money at least in the long term. e.g. I suspect my buying game time with gold may not always have backing with real money from others buying tokens, we only have their word, but that might not mean they lose anything, because I make the game bigger.

Think of how it's pretty much a "common secret" that Microsoft allows fraudulent copies of Windows around without actually prosecuting anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW tokens are not free. Someone has to spend real life currency to provide the market with them. How is that so fucking hard for people to understand?

I highly doubt they are backing the token with their own money. Polls have shown plenty of interest of using real money to get gold in game, which is exactly what the token allows people to do.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by I Fucking Hate That Guy View Post
    WoW tokens are not free. Someone has to spend real life currency to provide the market with them. How is that so fucking hard for people to understand?
    You don't understand what he wrote..
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    You are not getting a free expansion. It's just not going to happen, that isnt how publicly traded company's operate.

Even Win 10 isnt free, it's just the base install and you are going to get nickle and dimed for years to come on the 'services' that will be essential upgrades that cost money going forward from 2017 onwards. If you think Microsoft did everyone a solid, you are in for a surprise. They just wanted as many of us on the hook as possible for when they start tugging it in.

I'll be happy if they let us buy it with gold. Like 80-100k which seems a fair price considering the US token price. Because at least 3 of my friends say they can't afford to spend 50 dollars on something like WOD which none of them liked. We're PvPers.

Yes they're poor and one of them is married and has to buy 2 copies.

Deleted
    Hahahahahaha November? Hahahahahahahaha Free? Hahahahahaha had a good laught. It will be by July 2016 and cost 50$. And yes, it will have half the content past expansions had.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It will not be for free. It will give them more general success and that indirectly brings money at least in the long term. e.g. I suspect my buying game time with gold may not always have backing with real money from others buying tokens, we only have their word, but that might not mean they lose anything, because I make the game bigger.

Think of how it's pretty much a "common secret" that Microsoft allows fraudulent copies of Windows around without actually prosecuting anyone.

We have a wide variety of hats for you to choose from.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to happen.
    DEFINITELY not going to happen.
    Very like will be 'half' again because it gets them $$$ faster.

Activi$ion is all about the $$$, so there is no way they'd give it out for free, it just wouldn't make sense.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will drink my own piss if that happens.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    PS. That will probably happen:

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    I'll be happy if they let us buy it with gold. Like 80-100k which seems a fair price considering the US token price.

It would make sense since that's what was going on from 'China' anyway, and they already combated the game-card fraud anyway that way.

Deleted
    What if Ion Hazzikostas was a casual gamer?

Those are questions noone ever will be able to answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    What if Ion Hazzikostas was a casual gamer?

Those are questions noone ever will be able to answer.

Everyone can answer if the question asks for opinion and not The News.

They'd be silly to make it free considering how much money they make off of it and those of us who disliked the expansion still include the more reasonable individuals who think $50 was a great deal regardless.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It would follow what Microsoft did with Windows 8.
    You mean release a superior product, which people avoided cause it was 'new'... then released an almost identical OS for free after?

Nah - not with Blizzard.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.