Deleted

An Assist can disband a whole raid group from custom group finder.

That's the most evil thing I noticed that it's possible. Since they can kick they can make a macro to kick everyone, or just kick everyone.

Now I bet nobody can do anything because "you should know".

Well, it's a game, and the custom finder should be less evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could click the 'Disband Group' button from the pulldown where you set markers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MxLionheart View Post
    Or they could click the 'Disband Group' button from the pulldown where you set markers.

Even that's available? Darn. I didn't notice since I never had a tank ragequit before in that evil way.

Deleted
    If you have assist you've always been able to /kick anyone in the group besides the raid leader (even other people with assist).

There are just macros that can do this much faster than /kicking everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    As was amply demonstrated during early iterations of the LFG/Dungeon Finder tool during WotLK, the disproportionately small number of players who can be trusted with a scintilla of power over other players makes giving any to anyone problematic. When there's no overriding social connection between those players, they're basically accountable to nobody.

The Group Finder is a great tool for organised raiding groups looking for extras, or those who regularly raid normal or above. Blizzard needs to accept that it is not and will never be the transition vehicle to move people from LFR to organised raiding (one might say that, the way it is, it's actually more of an obstacle in that it empowers egomaniacal fuckwits) and revert all the WoD changes to LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    So you come to the forum and bring this to the attention of all the trolls and assholes? Good thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So you come to the forum and bring this to the attention of all the trolls and assholes? Good thinking.
    The people who are most likely to abuse this already know about it, I'd argue it's more of a PSA to not give assist out willy nilly when forming a group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post

To be honest, I brought it to the attention of the forum, mainly for the community to be very aware of this danger.*(Most of us gave assist to tanks "by default", and never got the group ruined (because they can't kick the leader anyway), but those rare occurences are best to be avoided).

Also, people come in flavors of both good and bad. By exposing it you expose it to the good people too that may help about it or help themselves.

Information is not bad.