WA for deaf players.

I'm fairly new to LUA and was wondering if anyone can give me a few pointers on how to test if someone is afflicted by a debuff and then whisper that target instructions. Don't need to write it for me, I'd like to figure it out for myself mostly but I am having trouble figuring out specific tags for players.

The reason i need this is that we have a couple raiders who are deaf and managing whisper macros while tanking isn't really rustling my jimmies here.

To be more specific I am currently attempting to write a WA that recognizes all targets afflicted by debuff X, then whispers those players instructions "Y". This will greatly help out our deaf raiders in addition to cleaning up the more inept players as we move in to mythic. #rosterproblems

Deleted
    I can't write LUA and i havent created a Weak Aura like this before, but one way of doing it is to create a specific Weak Aura for each players and make it track the debuffs for specific players, and then make it whisper the target with instructions under actions.

I know you said you dident want me to link a done one, but if you don't understand what i mean here is an example

Code:
    dGJycaGlvuBtIyMiLmxjQzlv3uf5Bku7ePyVKDRu7xsDyk9xv43iAzsYqLadwknCQOdsvmmKQJHqNtI0crk1sfv1IPkTCk(SqEk4XIYZfzIcLPkyYkA6qxuOsxvuLNPGRJKnsL60QAZkz7cv5SIk(QqvnnQKVlHAKkKXkuXOrW4LGojv4wsixtkopv1TvPlJ61IkTiQGGxGJnYMLnJl7iJCNk7X73F0)ye1gzZXjRjxE6M0eJTibbjbvNjEM(5XcUcMcMkiy(jNDRFGlefiWMHp5oPGGeAnOccUCkzJyb5qsv3UzEw3IK1TtY62CQBl(rc1TXPUDYEPwlbxoLSr8b67Kfe)roGcIB(cMKhxoLSrSOTGlNs2i(yYjuqm2UekuaA(Oi2OGaQ9JcU81lBeKCYz)6ZYB)OGySDjyBVCsbrdrbEm437SXxOGj7LATc(ozbJ8K)j35rlHcmC0tUd(ozbixikO4FIeKBxn0hkzyWvd9QHXL2uPvrnvc2u3G5JIyts0quWpfeJTR62c6wF2KeqG)icOC7QH(qjddUAOxnmU0MkTkQPsqN0ovqW8xRpJQJ(ki4s1XxbHcfyi7SccUuD8vqOqbOTZBubbxQo(kiuOaJnJvqWLQJVccfkuOaRcc8yWV3zJVahBKnlBgx2rg5ov2J3V)O)XiQnYMJtwtU80nPjgBrccfeprdrxvefkb

Quote Originally Posted by Woolock View Post
    I can't write LUA and i havent created a Weak Aura like this before, but one way of doing it is to create a specific Weak Aura for each players and make it track the debuffs for specific players, and then make it whisper the target with instructions under actions.

I know you said you dident want me to link a done one, but if you don't understand what i mean here is an example

Code:
    dGJycaGlvuBtIyMiLmxjQzlv3uf5Bku7ePyVKDRu7xsDyk9xv43iAzsYqLadwknCQOdsvmmKQJHqNtI0crk1sfv1IPkTCk(SqEk4XIYZfzIcLPkyYkA6qxuOsxvuLNPGRJKnsL60QAZkz7cv5SIk(QqvnnQKVlHAKkKXkuXOrW4LGojv4wsixtkopv1TvPlJ61IkTiQGGxGJnYMLnJl7iJCNk7X73F0)ye1gzZXjRjxE6M0eJTibbjbvNjEM(5XcUcMcMkiy(jNDRFGlefiWMHp5oPGGeAnOccUCkzJyb5qsv3UzEw3IK1TtY62CQBl(rc1TXPUDYEPwlbxoLSr8b67Kfe)roGcIB(cMKhxoLSrSOTGlNs2i(yYjuqm2UekuaA(Oi2OGaQ9JcU81lBeKCYz)6ZYB)OGySDjyBVCsbrdrbEm437SXxOGj7LATc(ozbJ8K)j35rlHcmC0tUd(ozbixikO4FIeKBxn0hkzyWvd9QHXL2uPvrnvc2u3G5JIyts0quWpfeJTR62c6wF2KeqG)icOC7QH(qjddUAOxnmU0MkTkQPsqN0ovqW8xRpJQJ(ki4s1XxbHcfyi7SccUuD8vqOqbOTZBubbxQo(kiuOaJnJvqWLQJVccfkuOaRcc8yWV3zJVahBKnlBgx2rg5ov2J3V)O)XiQnYMJtwtU80nPjgBrccfeprdrxvefkb
    Actually, after looking at this, you have saved me a great deal of trouble. Guess i missed the whisper option in the actions tab. Thank you for taking the time with me, sometimes I'm more stupid than I think. Should be much easier than trying to learn the intricacies of the Blizzard API now. Thanks a lot.

FWIW, we use Angry Assignments to broadcast notes on who does what to our fully hearing-enabled raiders, and it works really well. You might find that is more useful for you than immediate whispers, in that it will send the notes, and they sit there and stay visible.

Exorsus Raid Tools also has this feature, but it's a much bigger, heavier tool. IIRC, the latest versions of DBM also features this, but I'm not certain how it works; I saw both broadcasting of notes, and personal notes, and "only show stuff when my toon name is in the notes" options hanging out in there.