Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzs View Post
    World of Warcraft is called a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. The Garrison is the opposite of Multiplayer. You just sit alone in your Garrison and wait for an raid invite. A guild garrison would push the Multiplayer in a better light.
    Multiplayer only means there is more then one player. Not that you need to interact. The world is multiplayer too, but plenty of people have no interaction with other people. Stop pushing the idea that you can't play solo in a game with multiple players in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Years later they give people what they ask for with Garrisons, and exactly what dev didn't want to happen happened.
    It's not even close to what people wanted. Garrisons are another case of Blizzard trying to do something good and then completely dropping the ball in every way because they're fucking lazy and incompetent.

We didn't want instanced towns with a bunch of chores and a pathetic amount of personalization options. We wanted personal spaces that we could decorate and customize that wouldn't necessarily have any practical gameplay purposes, but would provide a nice side activity if we chose to invest the time and gold.

Basically, just look at what FFXIV did with its Free Company housing. That game gives you that exact kind of personal space for your guild, but has people out and about in the world/main cities, rather than camping in their own personal instances.
    Last edited by Jimon; 2015-08-02 at 11:34 PM.

People push them because they're needy and don't like boundaries in game. You can now experience all of wow w/o doing anything pre-made, and this interferes with a social butterfly's playstyle. These are the people that stay in vent/TS all while they play, and expect everyone else in guild to do the same. If you don't...because you're, you know, questing while waiting for a queue, and don't want the distraction...you're anti-social. There are a people that still treat wow like a social network first and a game second.

If it makes you feel any better, every time someone mentions guild garrisons in chat on my realm, they're shot down pretty quickly. No one really sees the need for them or even a point to them. A place where you and your guildies can do what, exactly? Jump up and down in circles around each other? have /dance offs? In game circle jerk? Also, I think guild leveling being such a titanic failure makes people not want to go there with guild garrisons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I don't get why people push the idea of guild garrisons.
    That's because you generally don't get much, It's OK.
    I mean really wby would you want this? I can't see anyone benefiting from it except the guild leaders and their close friends, similar to how most guild banks work.
    That's because, in general, you don't see much. It's OK.

I'd personally like to see guild garrisons (think garrisons we have now) and separate player housing (think Wildstar cosmetic housing). The garrisons we have are so impersonal, they would work far better as a guild base. I know a bunch of us just hang out around our own personal garrisons in WoD; would prefer if it was just one area for all our guildies to hang out.

Garrison would offer all professions/types of buildings once fully complete (basically a larger version of our current garrisons - think something like a smaller version of Stormshield.) Should be options for people to either work towards the building as a guild or solo, so people can farm for whatever buildings they feel are most important without being overruled by the management. If anything like current workorders for trade mats existed, they would have to be personal (if you put in the items, only you can access the completed workorders) to prevent GM/officer hoarding.

Player housing would be more along the lines of Wildstar housing (placeable cosmetic items & trophies, wandering mounts/minipets, transmog wardrobe/vendor, npcs you can invite based on rep/achvs, etc). Should be options of the type of building you would want (one type per race). Would also probably require a new profession based on crafting cosmetic items for said housing. This would also be where any type of resource collection plots would be located; there should however be options to farm for any material (think halfhill farm rather than current garrison setup).

While I liked the idea of garrisons this expansion I think they were implemented badly - they should either have been one garrison per wow account, or one garrison per guild...not one per character/alt. It just made it feel like a chore.

TLDR: Remove garrison. Add guild garrison + separate cosmetic player housing.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2015-08-03 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    I already don’t like how Blizzard added housing. It’s supposed to be a PERMANENT home not just base of operations for a new expansion. A housing system similar to Wild Star or Swtor (The Old Republic) would be better imo. I understand garrisons might be a way to test it before adding a permanent version.

Guild housing shouldn’t replace personal garrisons, but should be added for guilds who desire it. Should be accessed either by a vendor or some unlock.

I agree with Kaiarra.

I think it could be fine. Single player garrisons are fine and most people like them. The problem is that not many LOVE them and some resent the fact that they are a requirement for end game raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even like my guild. I'm just in it for the perks. So, I'm against guild garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    I dont play WoW anymore, haven't for a long time, but I've been in FFXIV for a while now. When my guild first got their housing I thought it was a ridiculous waste of money and resources. Couldn't see the appeal. Fast forward to today and it's a place that we all hang out in, goof off together and shoot the shit at unexpected moments throughout the day. Long story short, personal perspective helps keep one open minded. I dont see how this idea would be a detriment.
    Don't you have a "final fantasy is amazing" thread to post somewhere?
    Wrath baby and proud of it

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I mean really wby would you want this? I can't see anyone benefiting from it except the guild leaders and their close friends, similar to how most guild banks work.
    I think most people actually want 2 things in the following order:

- Garrisons made into what they should have been (i.e. fully customizable player housing)
    - Guild garrisons in much of the same fashion (i.e. fully customizable where the entire guild can meet and officers can decorate ideally with things won via guild victories / achievements)

I didn't know this till now. But when I put thought into it for a minute, it sounded kind cool. I mean, come on.

They would suck. Lets just use Guild Halls from GW as an example, since thats what everyone is thinking of, anyway.

- Only interaction is for Officers and GM.
    - If they did give anything worth using, people would be 'forced' into spam guilds. Just like in Cata.
    - If they took ages to get anything, it would be a pain in the ass to get. I can tell you for certain maybe 20 people out of the 80 or so in my guild would be interested in doing something like grinding 500 bgs in order to get an honor boost.
    - The above hurts new guilds. Wayyyyy, less incentive to join a new guild, or start one
    - The enormous development time, for basically nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Don't you have a "final fantasy is amazing" thread to post somewhere?
    I've played them both since release. I've never once taken a stance on one over the other. I think your off topic, presumptuous, pigheadedness needs to find another place to embarrass itself.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.