Careful Aim Worries

So I have A quick question/concern.
    I have my Aimed and Chimaera shots on mouse overs as well as bound.
    I also have a WA tracking my Careful Aim.
    When I use my mouse over Aimed Shot to get first dibs on newly spawned adds my WA doesn't show up. Now is this because I have to be targeting what I am shooting in order to receive the buff, or does it just not register in my WA because I am not targeting the add while I am still receiving the buff? Haven't seen any of this covered in all the stuff I have read. Any and all help is appreciated.

-BowBeforeHoes

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to be targeting anything.

As long as whatever you hit is above 80% health, Careful Aim will work.

Deleted
    It doesn't come up as a buff in the traditional sense; it just fires when the target is > 80% health or when RF is active.

Deleted
    I use tidyplates with health threshold options to see which targets will be affected by careful aim (and also killshot). If you want to dabble further with WA, you can set it up as health % trigger, not buff tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Juice View Post
    I use tidyplates with health threshold options to see which targets will be affected by careful aim (and also killshot). If you want to dabble further with WA, you can set it up as health % trigger, not buff tracking.
    Thank you very much was using a lamer tidyplates type add-on. But I got tidyplates and its awesome.

What's happening here is your WA isn't showing because a WA is set to check a particular unit - in this case it is probably checking your target. You'd need to make a separate WA to check whether your mouseover is above 80% health, ie will benefit from Careful Aim.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about dps, then regardless of how you do it, its a gamble. You can either ignore CS and just spam AS while the target is above 80% hp for guarenteed crits, which will do more damage than Chimera shot's non crits. Or you can use Chimera shot off CD and hope it crits during the careful aim window, to get a higher dps gain. For me, either way... I use CS off CD since thrill of the hunt makes up for focus cost loss when you use AS. I also would not recommend using mouse over casts for those two skills, It is better to just get in the habit of pushing the button yourself, since it in essence triples your control over the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazezoku View Post
    If you are talking about dps, then regardless of how you do it, its a gamble. You can either ignore CS and just spam AS while the target is above 80% hp for guarenteed crits, which will do more damage than Chimera shot's non crits. Or you can use Chimera shot off CD and hope it crits during the careful aim window, to get a higher dps gain. For me, either way... I use CS off CD since thrill of the hunt makes up for focus cost loss when you use AS. I also would not recommend using mouse over casts for those two skills, It is better to just get in the habit of pushing the button yourself, since it in essence triples your control over the situation.
    I use a mouse over for both spells as well as having it bound. Just incase my current target isn't in range of cs cleave. IT ALSO LETS ME BEAT THE OTHER HUNTERS IN MY RAID to add damage since I know they tab target.

Quote Originally Posted by ReklessJonez View Post
    I use a mouse over for both spells as well as having it bound. Just incase my current target isn't in range of cs cleave. IT ALSO LETS ME BEAT THE OTHER HUNTERS IN MY RAID to add damage since I know they tab target.
    Well, caps lock wasn't necessary when someone is trying to offer you advice..if anyone tab targets in a raiding environment they're bad, you can click and push button nearly as fast as a mouseover macro if you're a good player.

The caps are due to the tablet I was using while makin these posts. I see your point of view but, again I think 1pushed key is always faster then a click and a pushed key. Mouse over on a Naga. "Check out the flick of the wrist"