when to break ele t17 2 set

I can't seem to find an answer to this. When would it be ok to break the ele t17 2 set? I have a normal shoulder, and heroic chest of t17. How much of a bump in int (ilvl) would be good to replace those in normal HFC? (I have a 700 chest and 690 shoulder).

We're a very casual raid, just now working on the second floor.

I would say when you get t18 4p

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    I can't seem to find an answer to this. When would it be ok to break the ele t17 2 set? I have a normal shoulder, and heroic chest of t17. How much of a bump in int (ilvl) would be good to replace those in normal HFC? (I have a 700 chest and 690 shoulder).

We're a very casual raid, just now working on the second floor.
    Generally you don't break set pieces for anything other than better set pieces(t18, for example). At least it is when comparing tier pieces to non set pieces of a higher ilvl (im assuming +15ilvl). Never had to compare to an item of say a 30 ilvl increase.

If you do feel as though you are in a unique scenario I would advise that you sim yourself with both sets of gear and see what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would say when you get t18 4p
    I recall seeing a spread sheet saying that 2pc + 2pc is slightly better that T17 4pc.
    Last edited by Prankish; 2015-08-02 at 07:11 PM.

Thank you. I knew simming would get me the best answer, but just wanted some peoples perspective. I have the normal t18 helm/pants already, and noticed 2pc + 2pc was better. Was just curious if the increase in int would be better than the damage % to multisrike hits. I may look into simming again.

Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    I recall seeing a spread sheet saying that 2pc + 2pc is slightly better that T17 4pc.
    His question was only about breaking t17 2p, not breaking t17 4p