View Poll Results: Would you get a prehensile tail if it were an option?

Voters
61. This poll is closed
  • Yes, tail please

36 59.02%
  • No tail for me

18 29.51%
  • I don't know

7 11.48%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If you could grow a prehensile tail, would you?

Two hundred years in the future, genetic manipulation has evolved to the point where doctors can activate latent genes. One of things this allows is the growing of a prehensile tail like this monkey:

It's strong enough to suspend you from a branch but not as strong as your arm. It's also hairless to match the rest of your body.

I'm guessing that science will never be able to grow a tail on an existing human but they might be able to bring about the birth of a human with a prehensile tail some day, but for the sake of this thread, we'll say it's possible.

Would you get a prehensile tail if it were an option?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    If they could make it feel like a natural extension of my body and it would be "natural" to use it, like my current body parts, i would seriously consider it. If there was a risk of phantom limb stuff or it feeling like it wasn't mine then i'll pass.

Tho i think i would prefer a extra set of arms.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-08-02 at 08:44 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo... Like a rats tail?

I like sitting in seats comfortably. More than I imagine I would like having a tail.

Would be pretty weird, and even weirder hairless.
    But an extra limb could be useful, provided it doesn't get in the way while sitting/laying down.

Cool idea, but I probably wouldn't be the first to get the "upgrade".

A kangaroo tail would be pretty sweet. It's practically another leg.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would look creepy, actually wasn't that most of the movie Splice
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

It could be hot on a girl.

Ew, I googled 'humans with prehensile tails' and it's a real thing, there are people with tails out there. Unless it's shopped.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2015-08-02 at 08:57 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It could be hot on a girl.

Ew, I googled 'humans with prehensile tails' and it's a real thing, there are people with tails out there. Unless it's shopped.
    there are also people with 6 toes or fingers. lots of birth defects that aren't lethal.

if the tail is longer then say a finger it's probably shopped.

Only if it lets me transform into Oozaru form during a full moon.

Deleted
    I already have one of them but on the front.

Not if it'd be naked D:

If it's hairless, then no. Hairy like a monkey's tail and I'd be up for it, long as the genetic recoding doesn't turn the rest of me that hairy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So essentially using progression to reverse evolution?
    Nah....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Why does having hair on it make it better?

If it's strong enough to suspend my body weight it is stronger then my arm :P. I can't hang from one arm for that long.

To answer the question, yes, of course I would. People would find it interesting, and I have no idea why I wouldn't want to be more interesting.

Unless it gets cold easily. I'd hate to feel a cold tail hanging from me all the time. Also a plus if it could wrap around me, like a belt. Like Saiyans do in DBZ sometimes. Just conveniently keep it out of the way unless you desire otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's strong enough to suspend you from a branch but not as strong as your arm. It's also hairless to match the rest of your body.
    Either it's not strong enough to suspend me from a branch or it's much stronger than my arm. Also in order for it to match the rest of my body it needs to be roughly as hairy as in the picture...

In any case, I don't really see why I would. It seems like it would be inconvenient for the most part, and a serious hazard when riding my bicycle.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hairless? That doesn't sound too appealing. It'd be like a huge rats tail.

If the tail was like that of the Saiyans in Dragon Ball series, then I'd be okay with it. No need for the transformation during full moon, just the looks and strong enough to slap people with it. I'd wear it like a belt like they do. :>

Only if it also came with teleportation and was functionally useful