Deleted

Elemental Shaman underperforms - need help

Hallo

as the title says i need help with the performals analysis with a Elemental Shaman in my guild.

http:/ /eu. battle.net/wow/en/character/anetheron/Rushk/advanced
    https:/ /ww w. warcraftlogs.com/reports/8VQvAXRypW2P3Gmh#type=auras&source=4

I know he is not the only one underperforming and i myself am on an 3 week break but i like to help my fellow officers/raides to do better.
    He does more or less ok on other fights but his archimonde logs are really bad.
    i watched over them tonight a bit and i belief his rotation and prio is a bit of, specially while Ascendence.

I only played Elemental Shaman for CM's in MoP and the spec changed quite a bit.

Any help is much appreaciated
    Last edited by mmoc5b9ff3fdc6; 2015-08-03 at 07:45 PM.

Some stuff from his Archimonde log:
    -90% Flame Shock Uptime
    -0 Fire Elementals Dropped (What?)
    -Using Unleash Fury on a Fight with large amounts of cleave
    -1 Chain Lightning Cast
    -Low Number of casts in general

Looking at some other logs he seems to use Liquid Magma on every fight which is a big no-no.

Here is one of my logs on the fight:

ww w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bXaANytjVRFf91Kp#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=24

You'll notice the huge EQ damage difference. Once adds come out a glyphed chain lightning should replace you LB as filler. Empowered EQ's move up to the top of the rotation priority.

FS damage shouldn't be compared since we have different trinkets.

My fire Elemental Totem did 1M damage throughout the fight. Your Shaman didnt use it at all. He uses Primal Elementalist, and rightfully so, but hes not taking advantage of it at all.

Your Shaman has 19 cast of Unleash Flame. You'll notice mine is only 13 and, because of my Class trinket, its actually in my rotation. Your Shaman has the two AOE trinkets and should probably have VERY little UF casts (<4). The only time id use it is during times of movement due to allure(so While in Ghost wolf).

Your Shaman didn't use a single int pot.

Low uptime on FS - 88%. Mine is 98 and that's pretty bad. I did go down into the vortex or whatever which may account for my low uptime. As a result a lot of dmg is wasted. When he went down into the vortex he didnt even bother to FS the guy in there. He just cast LvB that did almost no dmg. His dps down there was abysmal. This resulted in less Surge procs.

Frost Shock casts? Really? It looks like hes in charge of slowing the the void star down there? If your RL assigned him to do that then he gimped his spec entirely for that phase. Hes essentially useless down there if he cant keep up a Flame Shock on something. Hunters and Mages are really good at doing his role down there and they can do it without sacrificing 70% of their dps.

Melee dmg? NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Liquid Magma? NOPE NOPE NOPE. He should be using Storm Ele totem since he deosnt have Core. LM is useless and inefficient padding for this fight.

During Ascendance he casts flame shock 4 times for the fight. It's optimal to always make sure your flame shock will last throughout all of ascendance so that you dont waste the CD casting it.

I'd Check to make sure he has Flask +125 food and +50 int rune up at all times. Im willing to bet he has non of those.

Overall I have to say this guy seems like he puts almost no effort in at all. Im guessing he just presses buttons based on a very poor understanding of the weight of his dmg sources. He cant even be bothered to use fire Elemental when hes specced into it. I couldn't even believe hes in a 1/13M guild and Im assuming the rest of your guild has been carrying him for quite a while now.

WOWhead Ele Sham guide is the best you can find currently and you should direct him toward that.

At this point I think I risk reiterating what's been said already, but I'll point out a few bits anyway.

55% uptime on searing totem. 0% uptime on fire ele. He should be getting 2x fire eles within this 7m 35s fight and total totem uptime over 80%. higher the better obviously, but searing is only above lightning bolt on the priority list, so its not expected to be 98%+.

88% uptime on flame shock. too low. For an Archie fight it should be 98% or better.

Unlike Prankish, I think Liquid Magma is acceptable for this fight. (Class trinket + Ele Fusion is better) All of the spawns throughout this fight aren't just 'padding'. Almost everything that spawns in this fight should be considered 'get it down fast', and thus Liquid Magma will serve him quite well. That said, he doesn't get very much damage on these spawns anyway which isn't helping your raid.

P2 with the add packs spawning is a good time to be an ele. We can Chain lightning into earthquake and get some good aoe damage down on those adds. He's not doing this. Should be. His CL usage could probably be a lot more throughout the fight really.

He's using Unleash Flame regularly throughout the fight. He shouldn't be. You don't use the ability unless you're buffing a flame shock with class trinket, or have Unleashed fury talent. Or occasionally for the movement buff

Didn't use potions.

Point him this way for more information on his spec: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...emental-shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    Here is one of my logs on the fight:

ww w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bXaANytjVRFf91Kp#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=24

You'll notice the huge EQ damage difference. Once adds come out a glyphed chain lightning should replace you LB as filler. Empowered EQ's move up to the top of the rotation priority.

FS damage shouldn't be compared since we have different trinkets.

My fire Elemental Totem did 1M damage throughout the fight. Your Shaman didnt use it at all. He uses Primal Elementalist, and rightfully so, but hes not taking advantage of it at all.

Your Shaman has 19 cast of Unleash Flame. You'll notice mine is only 13 and, because of my Class trinket, its actually in my rotation. Your Shaman has the two AOE trinkets and should probably have VERY little UF casts (<4). The only time id use it is during times of movement due to allure(so While in Ghost wolf).

Your Shaman didn't use a single int pot.

Low uptime on FS - 88%. Mine is 98 and that's pretty bad. I did go down into the vortex or whatever which may account for my low uptime. As a result a lot of dmg is wasted. When he went down into the vortex he didnt even bother to FS the guy in there. He just cast LvB that did almost no dmg. His dps down there was abysmal. This resulted in less Surge procs.

Frost Shock casts? Really? It looks like hes in charge of slowing the the void star down there? If your RL assigned him to do that then he gimped his spec entirely for that phase. Hes essentially useless down there if he cant keep up a Flame Shock on something. Hunters and Mages are really good at doing his role down there and they can do it without sacrificing 70% of their dps.

Melee dmg? NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Liquid Magma? NOPE NOPE NOPE. He should be using Storm Ele totem since he deosnt have Core. LM is useless and inefficient padding for this fight.

During Ascendance he casts flame shock 4 times for the fight. It's optimal to always make sure your flame shock will last throughout all of ascendance so that you dont waste the CD casting it.

I'd Check to make sure he has Flask +125 food and +50 int rune up at all times. Im willing to bet he has non of those.

Overall I have to say this guy seems like he puts almost no effort in at all. Im guessing he just presses buttons based on a very poor understanding of the weight of his dmg sources. He cant even be bothered to use fire Elemental when hes specced into it. I couldn't even believe hes in a 1/13M guild and Im assuming the rest of your guild has been carrying him for quite a while now.

WOWhead Ele Sham guide is the best you can find currently and you should direct him toward that.
    i thought you weren't supposed to use Primal elementalist and SE Totem together?

Quote Originally Posted by Marolen View Post
    i thought you weren't supposed to use Primal elementalist and SE Totem together?
    You're not really. The last I read on the topic was that the issue was with SET prioritising the movement buff over actually doing damage, so in theory you could just turn off the movement buff.
    Archie is a weird fight without class trinket. There's enough cleave that taking UF is devalued, but not quite enough for LM to be a must have. With trinket it's easy; Fusion. Until trinket though, you're best is probably PE/SET. followed by PE/LM. Guessing based on experience here, not guaranteeing anything mathematically.

Deleted
    Liquid Magma is acceptable for Archimonde even without the 55-40% phase since you'll be tanking the Deathcaller on the boss. If it hits two targets each time you use it then the damage will end up higher than SET. That said, UF is also an acceptable talent because most of the encounter is single target, the small 15% of adds phase doesn't really justify taking another talent.

Deleted
    Thanks for the great and quick analysis.

I will advise him to read the Wowhead guide and fix his rotation/priolist asap.