10+ Year Old Account

Major Computer Problem

Hey guys,

I downloaded the Nvidia driver 353.62 for my GTX 770 about an hour ago. In the last few minutes, my computer blacked screened and came back frozen. I restarted and now it is freezing repeatedly on the login page, black screening, and restarting itself over and over. What on earth do I do?

Edit: Window 7 btw
    Last edited by Boricha; 2015-08-02 at 10:36 PM.

If you had a restore point set before installing the new driver version, simply restore to it. It will take about 5 minutes, then your PC will reboot with the changes to the driver reverted. If not, reboot to safe mode, uninstall the driver, boot back to the desktop and install the old version you have before (I think 347.52 was a good revision but check that before installing). Chances are you still have the old installer in your downloads folder.

The driver installer may have set a restore point for you, even if you didn't set one yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try using older drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it restored to the previous version, 353.06, and nothing has changed. The computer gets to the login screen, black screens and restarts if I'm not in safe mode. Is my video card damaged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try removing the graphics card and use onboard video if you can.