Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Dark Prophet confirmed by second source?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...prophet_alpha/

Original message:
    “The Dark Prophet” confirmed

I work for an international company that provides the company cars to Blizzard. Part of the contract is the occasional perks we get offered. Like tickets for BlizzCon and as it so happened, 2 weeks ago we got 2 passes for the early closed Alpha. Luckily only 3 people in our company play (maybe more but they didn’t speak up when offered) and I won the luck of the draw.

Now as to the supposed “leak” about the Dark Prophet: it’s pretty accurate but not entirely right. What I’m about to reveal is Alpha stage, so very open to change in the future. Also, we haven’t been told what’s going to happen post-launch, so I can only tell you partially how the game starts off.

Story
    - Its hinted that Gul’dan plans on seeking out the tomb of sargeras (but I haven’t completed every quest yet + a lot of stuff missing due to alpha ofc) possibly ushering in a future legion invasion
    - Zul and Azshara are indeed the main villians in 7.0. But they are not (yet) working together.
    - Part of the story involves Sylvanas Windrunner going apeshit during our absence. And apparently shes up to something (its hinted in a quest, but no actual content for it yet maybe future patch or in beta)

Content
    - The Rift, Tel’Abim, Plunder Isle and Zandalar are zones. There are other zones but they aren’t named yet and not accessible.
    - Elements of the garrison will be used and reworked into something I can only describe as a “boat” system. You will get your own boat, which you can recruit a crew for to get around the South Seas. You click your rudder and select a place to go to quicktravel. The crew is an alternative for the buildings you could pick in your garrison.
    - No new classes are in (yet)
    - Item cap is indeed 110
    - New battleground called “ battle on the high sea” is in the pvp system, but doesn’t work yet. Its hinted to be a naval combat pvp kind of style. Personally really curious about this one.
    - The game appears to have some sort of “random” system in place that’s not currently working (just shows substring in chat (Random_event_blabla). Which could hint for a GW2 kind of system.
    - As leaked in the dark prophet, you CAN explore outside of the regular zones, but you need to discover the islands first finding navigation charts, source of which for me is unknown.

That’s pretty much all I can share for now as I haven’t played that much (servers constantly down, fixed testing windows, a lot of shit not into place) Im expecting a December release, looking at older Alpha’s. Also, Plunder Island what a beautifull zone, even in Alpha (screenshot taken with phone, in fear of them tracking screenshots somehow)

Eventhough it doesnt seem jumped on this might actually hold some truth. My first response: Its stranglethorn vale!
    I checked it out though and its not. The only pirate ships there are the ones close to booty bay and the island with the monkeys. The environment however is just different. Lesser islands, lesser rocks, and a peak from which u look out to see, while the island of the princess is all beach. Horizon is different aswell.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2015-08-01 at 06:35 PM.

With that old grass and plants? Photoshopped STV for sure.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is it with people not taking actual screenshots? I don't trust anything that looks like this. And I don't put much stock in the paranoia theory. Mostly it's a device to do photo-shopping.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's Stranglethorn Vale.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

That screenshot sure looks a lot like STV.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% Stranglethorn Valley

I would even say that this picture is taken on a private server where it is still one zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    100% Stranglethorn Valley
    It looks slightly the same but completely different. The supposed place is:

http://imgur.com/kT4u8TR
    http://imgur.com/kT4u8TR,tRlZ5nn,mz5QzKX#1
    http://imgur.com/kT4u8TR,tRlZ5nn,mz5QzKX#2

That was a post directly from a shitty shitpost thread on /v/ about 4 hours ago OP. It is fake bullshit that does not make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    It looks slightly the same but completely different. The supposed place is:

http://imgur.com/kT4u8TR
    http://imgur.com/kT4u8TR,tRlZ5nn,mz5QzKX#1
    http://imgur.com/kT4u8TR,tRlZ5nn,mz5QzKX#2
    None of those are from the same distance or angle. I'm sure that if you moved to the correct location it would look the same.

Nope, story is utter bs. A closed alpha of an unannounced WoW expansion would involve a very strict NDA and threat of lawsuit. The idea is laughable that they gave away 2 passes to two random people in a company that provides them "company cars" and that he could leak this shit without them knowing exactly who he is when he narrowed it down to 2 people in his post saying who he works for and how many people got the alpha (which blizz would know who they are if it was true because they would have to sign an NDA for this).

You really think we're going to believe Blizzard throws well protected unannounced game alphas at random people in some car suppliers they work with? You really think people are going to believe some dude is going to throw away his job and face a lawsuit by posting pretty much exactly who he is in his leak??
    Last edited by darkest4; 2015-08-01 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the things people do totry and be popular on forums nowadays...
    ubt then again, we laughed at the guy who found leaks of WoD
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Lost Isles to me, but hey.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    None of those are from the same distance or angle. I'm sure that if you moved to the correct location it would look the same.
    I tried. Didnt work. Theres beach all around, no cliffs. No stones in the water, etc. Feel free to check it if you want. I cant get it done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Scared about geting busted but says who he works for and apparently so few people recieve the alpha invite. Makes me doubt it

Deleted
    Idk why u guys are so skeptical...
    I mean, ok it might be True, it might be a fake, but, personalul, i enjoy seeing people be creative (if it's fake ofc). I enjoy all kind of speculations, it's fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    Scared about geting busted but says who he works for and apparently so few people recieve the alpha invite. Makes me doubt it
    This pretty much... oh I am so scared, so I am going to give all the details necessary to track me down pronto... gg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I tried. Didnt work. Theres beach all around, no cliffs. No stones in the water, etc. Feel free to check it if you want. I cant get it done.
    Best i could do too, You're right.

original screenshot

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Looks like Lost Isles to me, but hey.
    TBH Lost Isles looks better than that garbage.

Honestly that looks almost as bad as Vanilla STV.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    Makes sense. Though our company (300 people with lease-cars) use a variety of suppliers aswell, since each brand can be cheaper at another label.
    If thats the case with blizzard, they are in for quite a search if they have many suppliers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    TBH Lost Isles looks better than that garbage.

Honestly that looks almost as bad as Vanilla STV.
    Maybe it is? That area existed before the Cataclysm; the OP's version could be from a Vanilla private server.