Thread: Monk Roll

Monk Roll

Quite a while ago we were told that the distance for roll would be fixed. I never saw this fix go live. Any plans to actually do it?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, there aren't any Developers who frequent this forum. Your best bet would be the Blizzard Monk forums or maybe even the Bug or Suggestion forums.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Didn't it get fixed in 6.1 or something? I couldn't tell either way. Find a sub-90 monk and compare I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed several issues that made Roll and Chi Torpedo work inconsistently. The abilities should now always travel a consistent distance, be unaffected by snare effects, and reach the destination faster with increased stacking movement speed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19803855 - under June 29*

Still hits the slightest bump and stops the roll but I guess 1 problem at a time.
    Last edited by Ryuutora; 2015-11-10 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Date

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they fix Roll in Legion. As it stands, Demon Hunter's Fel Rush COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY outclasses Roll. It has a shorter CD, travels faster (and same distance from what I saw), does damage on use (without having to waste a talent on Chi Torpedo), and is usable while in the air.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Easy to check:

place transcendence.
    torpedo.
    transfer.
    tiger's lust.
    torpedo.

are you standing on your transcendence?

--spoilers--

you aren't. you travel a shorter distance with tiger's lust
    so like OP said, it wasn't fixed.

--round 2 of spoilers--

this is actually great for pve, it makes movement speed function as haste for chi torpedo in the cast time reduction sense(shorter roll animation-> less time spent rolling-> more time spent doing mad deeps), so stampede roar is like a mini-bloodlust or something, speed gear becomes desirable(effect is nearly negligible but w.e), and such.

always look at the bright side of bugs