Deleted

Question Beacon of friendship! Lets focus on Beacon in HfC

Hello fellow paladins , i've been looking about post/topics of "Beacon of Light Tips" and i lost like 1000 hours in research purpose ( jk ) .
    Anyway what i am trying to do its make everyone talk about is beacon positioning in :

X boss
    X phase ,
    X reason

that would be lovely if all of u contribute to this topic !! And lets make LIGHT BLESS US

beacon swap on gorefiend when tank goes in gorefiends stomach and swap beacon onto healing target when you're in the stomach (+ yourself)

beacon swap on socrethar obviously (i swap to both manari's and just heal the tank directly and it works well). beacon swap to touch of harm targets on tyrant

beacon swap on fel lord since a tank goes down (i usually do it to befouled targets). beacon swap on archimonde in last phase because one tank will be down in nether and one will be up.

Deleted
    thank you for your opinion

Deleted
    Hey!

- I am swapping beacons (both) on Killrogg HC (only, because normal is too easy) when I am in vision grp - one at me, one at one dps. I helps a lot.
    - At Socrethar I am leaving one beacon at tank (second is in robot) and one at me or person with debuff.
    - Swapping on Tyrant looks like a really good idea. On HC I usually have to pop some smaller CD (crit trink) and direct heal debuffed player (its almost 2 milions HP) - so it needs some testing, if its possible use "only" beacon. Normal would be ok, I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc23157c42bf; 2015-08-04 at 08:09 AM.

Agree with Digdag and Marolen.

To be honest, this is one of my biggest frustrations with beacon mainly because of my raid frames.

My raid frames (ElvUI) don't show the 'ranged' tank as out of range, since it's a debuff. It drives me batty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digdag View Post
    Hey!

- At Socrethar I am leaving one beacon at tank (second is in robot) and one at me or person with debuff.
    I give both beacons to the debuffs and spam heal on the tank. Works great!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    I give both beacons to the debuffs and spam heal on the tank. Works great!
    Yeh i do the same and its great!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Deleted
    Mcbubble: I have same problem with my healbot - for example on Zakuun i can see the ranged tank still in range (same on Archimonde). Strange is that on Killrogg are vision grps out of range... I don´t know why is healbot playing with me :-).

Thanks for Socrethar tip, I´ll try it this week.

Generally speaking i do the same as mentioned before... except on tyrant velhari i put my becons on the people who get the debuff as it "absorbs all healing" up to a point and as such makes beacon 100% throughput.

also on council i will switch beacon do a red debuff as they will be taking a lot of damage.

Edit: you can do the same on zakuun's debuff. the one that expload's.

other than during these times, i'm beacon swapping both my beacons every second i get, because i like to squeeze out every drop i can for my beacons. This however is unecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xXpenguinsXx View Post
    Generally speaking i do the same as mentioned before... except on tyrant velhari i put my becons on the people who get the debuff as it "absorbs all healing" up to a point and as such makes beacon 100% throughput.

also on council i will switch beacon do a red debuff as they will be taking a lot of damage.

Edit: you can do the same on zakuun's debuff. the one that expload's.

other than during these times, i'm beacon swapping both my beacons every second i get, because i like to squeeze out every drop i can for my beacons. This however is unecessary.
    It's very unnecessary as Beacon swapping still costs a decent amount of mana if you aren't using Phylactery. To that end, it's not really worth it swapping Beacon off of tanks on Council and Fel Lord, especially on Mythic because your tanks will be getting wrecked.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    It's very unnecessary as Beacon swapping still costs a decent amount of mana if you aren't using Phylactery. To that end, it's not really worth it swapping Beacon off of tanks on Council and Fel Lord, especially on Mythic because your tanks will be getting wrecked.
    this is where it takes some brain power. is the beacon on tank really keeping the tank full? is taking 50% of my heal + 20% better than taking my holy light and bubble? so is it better to keep the beacon on tank and heal others? in a tank damage heavy scenario i would switch my beacon from the tank and focus the tank with my direct's and manage my beacons to not over heal. The cost to move the beacon is far less that the healing you gain from moving it in my experience.