Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I Started My Old Addiction Again, I Am Playing RuneScape.

OSRS to be precise, thats the version I know, and I am enjoying going through it again. Anyone else here play?

I do occassionally when I want to enjoy more traditional MMO RPG
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they did a few nice updates and fixes for OSRS, I quit when Hunter came out. Its nice to see that its a community driven game with its own identity rather than trying to compete with wow, I took a look at RS3, and I just didnt feel like dealing with it, looks like they did try to mold into the WOW centered market.

MMmmm runescape

My first MMO

Still the best fucking gardening system in the world in MMOs

If an up to date MMO had Runescapes gardening or even housing system...... hot damn. I missed making pit falls and traps into dungeons or the boxing ring

I was also one of the very few people in the world to get 99HP as their only 99 skill, getting the 99 HP cape without it's trim. Took fucking forever but it was worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit they have a client now? I remember playing this from the browser
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very much enjoying the farming, Even while working I found the time in the last 2 weeks ish to get to a decent combat level and currently growing good herbs while doing my childhood favorite skill, slayer

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    MMmmm runescape

My first MMO

Still the best fucking gardening system in the world in MMOs

If an up to date MMO had Runescapes gardening or even housing system...... hot damn. I missed making pit falls and traps into dungeons or the boxing ring

I was also one of the very few people in the world to get 99HP as their only 99 skill, getting the 99 HP cape without it's trim. Took fucking forever but it was worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit they have a client now? I remember playing this from the browser
    They've had a client option since like 2003 or 2004.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am very much enjoying the farming, Even while working I found the time in the last 2 weeks ish to get to a decent combat level and currently growing good herbs while doing my childhood favorite skill, slayer
    Summoning and gardening were my favorites. I left before dungeoneering and that other skill that's still useless for some reason (didn't they say they were making a complimentary skill for it 3 years ago?)

10+ Year Old Account
    OSRS to be precise, thats the version I know, and I am enjoying going through it again. Anyone else here play?
    Most guild ridden thread title of all time. I played RS in 04-05 and 07 and even later on when RS3 came out, it's a fun game I guess but I don't see how my friend managed to make it his WoW (in other words, his main game that he played all the way through while I switched over to WoW). I come back to it once every couple of months just for a few days if I'm feeling bored of other games. Nothing to worry about Genn, as a wise old machinima character once told me, "it r all gun be k"
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Is the death mechanic still in the game with the tombstone and running back for your stuff?

Grats man, its good to give in to our pleasures here and there. Have fun.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Construction, if any other MMO had a similar system I would be playing it in a heartbeat. I got to 99 Construction on Runescape and enjoyed it thoroughly.

You know what I fucking miss

Barbarian assault. I mained defender, which everyone hated but I was so good at it and wrecked faces.

10+ Year Old Account

Barbarian assault. I mained defender, which everyone hated but I was so good at it and wrecked faces.
    I was mostly Healer in that, enjoyed it so much haha. And the journey it took to get Fighter Torso, shit was awesome as, felt like a badass wearing it.

old school runescape is probably the best mmorpg on the market atm.

Deleted
    Game pretty much died December 2007, I straggled along until 2009 or so. Most fun PvP in any MMO I've played. If raids are what makes WoW, Wilderness is what made RS.

Proud member of Team Unlimited from day 1.
    Last edited by mmocaa8b08b6ba; 2015-08-04 at 12:29 AM.

People knock Runescape but both old and RS3 is good games.

I play it from time to time myself.

- - - Updated - - -

I did all the roles but healer may have been the most fun well that or damage.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Game pretty much died December 2007, I straggled along until 2009 or so. Most fun PvP in any MMO I've played. If raids are what makes WoW, Wilderness is what made RS.
    Hated it when I got lured at age 13 haha.

shit, I keep my account active so
    I can log on every so often. I miss some things about RS so much.... mostly tedious things that sane people can't stand like... you know, planning my trips to farm certain creatures (or realizing i'm so over-qualified to hunt those things that I stop planning.... like when I learned I could just run through barrows with a staff equipped spamming one spell and bringing a dagger for that archer one but won't work anymore due to changes to prayer).

I hated defender at first, but once I had the grasp of it people just picked me up on the spot and I ended up getting every reward at the time.

The leveling design of runescape is quite genius. There is a cap but it's never catered for it and they have so many mini games and dungeons and shit and omg I still remember killing Bandos and his hilt dropped and made me fucking rich.

I won't pick it up again though, I forgot my old account and pretty sure I gave it away to a friend long ago and I don't feel like starting over again over nostalgia.

Deleted
    Shameless plug for best vid ever.