Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    I don't know men. Those folks probably gave everything they had to make this journey. If you deport them, you probably condemn them to starvation or worse. And that's in many cases whole families with little children and eldrely people. Just because they wanted to escape a shithole country where their lives are in danger every day. For them probably looks better to live in the streets of London, feeding on the trash containers, but in relative safety where they will see their kids alive tomorrow.

Illegal immigration is not right, i agree, and i am afraid about Europe in the future with this ever growing wave of africans pouring in every year. If that keeps on going maybe in 50 years europeans will not be majority of the continent's population. And that's scary.

Europe was too passive about this problem for years on end. I think we should strike at the source of the issue.
    Europes leaders must want them to come or they wouldn't be allowed in. It could even be a form of proxy war used by an adversary or traitor.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2015-08-04 at 06:48 AM.

I don't know men. Those folks probably gave everything they had to make this journey. If you deport them, you probably condemn them to starvation or worse. And that's in many cases whole families with little children and eldrely people. Just because they wanted to escape a shithole country where their lives are in danger every day. For them probably looks better to live in the streets of London, feeding on the trash containers, but in relative safety where they will see their kids alive tomorrow.

Illegal immigration is not right, i agree, and i am afraid about Europe in the future with this ever growing wave of africans pouring in every year. If that keeps on going maybe in 50 years europeans will not be majority of the continent's population. And that's scary.

Europe was too passive about this problem for years on end. I think we should strike at the source of the issue - North Africa. Even if that means bringing down dictators and throwing entire governments into jail. With the military intervention that goes along with it.

I don't know. Something to make those people stop risking their family lives crossing the Mediteranean to escape their own lands.
    it's a matter of gain and loss, to give them a better life in their countries you first need to stabilize them, look at syria it's now 5 year of war and europe still sitting on it's ass, libya the same, sudan, somalia ecc ecc sending troops there cost more money and public opinion fiercely oppose it more than having migrant to come here so they keep going with the status quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    This is a very divisive issue.

Do I agree with the forced eviction concept for failed asylum seekers? God no! If they have managed to get somewhere to live, personally that should be taken into account when decided whether to maintain a notice to remove them or not. Considering some people have been here years prior to their application being looked into (not as common now, but it has happened), the likelihood is they have settled into a live which you are then ripping them out off.

However, immigration is an issue in some areas of the UK. The rise of UKIP over the last few years show that people are not happy with current policies on such issues. However, UKIP are way too heavy handed to ever be able to successfully get anything effective done (thank God). There is a perception that immigrants in general come over here and take the jobs Briton's want. That really isn't that true. A lot of the jobs they take are ones that Brits will not do as the pay is "beneath them". As a country we have a severely screwed sense of worth on our time, which means basic essential jobs which do need doing (cleaning, warehouse operatives, carers, factory workers, etc) are simply below what a lot of people in the UK see as being worth their time to do, so immigration is vital to maintain the standard of living and costs we expect.

Overall, this will likely get through Parliament, become an act, and then in 3-4 years time be rejected by the European Court of Human Rights who will say it is illegal for forcefully evict them and that the failure to remove them falls (quite rightly) on the Government for failing to act in a timely manner.

Immigration is a major issue. It's ridiculous to expect the people of the UK to roll over and allow anyone and everyone with a sob story to enter the country and serve as a drain upon our already strained services. It doesn't help that struggling natives will be thrown to one side in favour of appeasing immigrants for fear of being branded 'racist'.

I fear all of the recent backlash from the media/government in regards to immigration is just theatrics. If they wanted to take a tough stance then they'd be taking a tough stance right now. I have no issue with immigrants coming here who pull their weight but it really isn't the UK's duty to bend over backwards to accommodate them - especially those that come here with nothing beyond contempt for the western world.

Anything that fines private landlords is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Very good. More EU countries should take action and ship illigal immigrants back to their regions/countries.

Western countries are flooded with refugees right now and there is no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Very good. More EU countries should take action and ship illigal immigrants back to their regions/countries.

Western countries are flooded with refugees right now and there is no end in sight.
    Wait till you give them the vote, say bye to your country. They view your pity as a weakness.

Deleted
    if you are a legal immigrant with the correct documents to gain entry then I, as a British Citizen welcome you to our country, please make yourself at home and get to know your new country.

If you sneak in to the country illegally, then I for one am happy to see you kicked out of any home you have in favour of a legal citizen. You should also have no benefits given to you at all, and you should be deported back to your country of origin ASAP.

Yes, I know there is a lot of Brit's that have emigrated, but do you see hordes of them charging onto train tracks or trucks ?
    Personally I would love to see a mandatory photo ID of all British citizens and legal immigrants that is required for everything.

This is a major problem, and needs to be stopped. if banning them from having a roof over their head is a step towards this, then I totally agree with the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Wait till you give them the vote, say bye to your country. They view your pity as a weakness.
    Yeah. This is what troubles me the most. Let's say there's a lot of people coming over from a specific country where homosexuality is seen as obscene and disgusting.

Should those individuals cling to their beliefs and refuse to adapt to the western view on homosexuality then they're likely to pass their views onto their children as well - especially if they lived in closed communities and avoid integrating with the native population to any major extent.

Let's say that these refugees become a major portion of society. Politicians will bend over backwards to get their votes and they'll quite readily appease them if given the opportunity. It's quite possible that we'll see the quality of life in England take a major hit if these refugees become influential enough to inject their own beliefs into our culture and politics.

Perhaps not immediately, but I can definitely see it happening within the next decade or so if immigration and integration isn't tightly controlled.

Deleted
    Maybe the rich should hunt immigrants for sport, seeing that fox hunting is illegal. They're probably considering it right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

The immigrants will keep coming back. Don't you understand that they come from Syria and Libya which are hell on Earth right now?! We're not talking immigrants from poor eastern European countries, we're talking about immigrants fleeing actual hellholes and they will NOT go back freely and will keep attempting to escape again. Even without a roof over their heads, at least in the west no one is shooting at them and they don't starve to death. The only way to solve the problem is to shove some thousands of UN blue helmets in there and put an end to ISIS, dispose of Asaad and install some puppet governments in order to stabilize the region.

There is no amount of solutions taken in the west that will stem the tide of immigrants, well except the...final solution. You will do nothing but throw money at the problem by shipping them back on your expense over and over and over and over. You have to root out the problem at the source and that means, yes, actually doing something about ISIS & Co instead of ignoring the problem because it's not happening right next door.
    Last edited by mmoc206babf793; 2015-08-04 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadknight View Post
    Maybe the rich should hunt immigrants for sport, seeing that fox hunting is illegal. They're probably considering it right now.
    It's not really the 'rich' that are necessarily the problem when it comes to fox hunting. It's less to do with the fact that they're wealthy and more to do with them clinging to a warped sense of ideals when it comes to being 'British'. It's a disgusting sport that I hope remains illegal and dies out completely.

Though I'm not too sure what fox hunting has to do with immigration. Unless I'm missing a joke?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Though I'm not too sure what fox hunting has to do with immigration. Unless I'm missing a joke?
    They don't know how to get rid of immigrants, so might as well hunt them for sport? Yeah, bad joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadknight View Post

The immigrants will keep coming back. Don't you understand that they come from Syria and Libya which are hell on Earth right now?! We're not taking immigrants from poor eastern European countries, we're talking about immigrants fleeing actual hellholes and they will NOT go back freely and will keep attempting to escape again. Even without a roof over their heads, at least in the west no one is shooting at them and they don't starve to death. The only way to solve the problem is to shove some thousands of UN blue helmets in there and put an end to ISIS, dispose of Asaad and install some puppet governments in order to stabilize the region.

There is no amount of solutions taken the west that will stem the tide of immigrants, well except the...final solution. You will do nothing but throw money at the problem by shipping them back on your expense over and over and over and over. You have to root out the problem at the source and that means, yes, actually doing something about ISIS & Co instead of ignoring the problem because it's not happening right next door.
    It's also pretty easy for immigrants to piece together a sob story and say the right things in order to appeal to bleeding hearts. As horrible as it may sound it really isn't the UK taxpayer's responsibility to throw money at other countries. What about the quality of life of our own people?

Foreign aid hasn't been cut and yet we're seeing cuts to the police force, health service and welfare system - all of which hits the most vulnerable within our society.

Charity should begin at home as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Personally I would love to see a mandatory photo ID of all British citizens and legal immigrants that is required for everything.
    What, like a passport?
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Should those individuals cling to their beliefs and refuse to adapt to the western view on homosexuality then they're likely to pass their views onto their children as well - especially if they lived in closed communities and avoid integrating with the native population to any major extent.
    Integration is a myth.
    Black and white people will never merge in any significant extent. Same goes for christians and muslims, eastern and western people, etc.
    Generally, people from same race, ethnic origin, religion or country tend to get together and encapsulate. They make frendships and marry mostly in between each other, while tend to keep their distance from people from opposing origins.
    They can still work together, but it's always this feeling of inequity and dislike aorund that separates them.
    I'm speaking about relations between entire groups, not individuals.

So those africans/arabs will never "integrate". They'll encapsulate. If given a vote rights they will try to enforce their beliefs and views on the natives.

So they shouldn't even be allowed to enter Europe. The reason for them becoming refugees should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What, like a passport?
    No a national ID card. It looks like a drivers license but is strickly for ID and nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Integration is a myth.
    Black and white people will never merge in any significant extent. Same goes for christians and muslims, eastern and western people, etc.
    Generally, people from same race, ethnic origin, religion or country tend to get together and encapsulate. They make frendships and marry mostly in between each other, while tend to keep their distance from people from opposing origins.
    They can still work together, but it's always this feeling of inequity and dislike aorund that separates them.

So those africans/arabs will never "integrate". They'll encapsulate. If given a vote rights they will try to enforce their beliefs and views on the natives.

So they shouldn't even be allowed to enter Europe. The reason for them becoming refugees should be removed.
    I like your no nonsense, pragmatic style bladebarrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    No a national ID card. It looks like a drivers license but is strickly for ID and nothing else.
    Personally I'd rather we built another hospital or school than wasted billions on a stupid, unecessary scheme but thats me, I'm a nutty lefty.

Integration is a myth.

To be fair, exceptions do exist - but I'm inclined to agree to some extent. We're often told how important 'multiculturalism' is but very little is done to tackle the negative consequences that forced integration and acceptance brings with it. More often than not it's British culture that is negatively impacted and wiped out almost completely in places where excessive immigration takes place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Personally I'd rather we built another hospital or school than wasted billions on a stupid, unecessary scheme but thats me, I'm a nutty lefty.
    Easier said than done. There's already a major shortage of staff for schools and hospitals and it's only going to get worse. The government doesn't seem to want to offer major incentives to get people into teaching/medical jobs either...

In fact, it seems to be making it even harder for people to even afford to go to university in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No it won't. Anyone travelling thousands of miles, largely on foot, and spending their life savings on dilapidated deathtrap boats, willing to risk their lives on every stage of year-long journeys just for a chance at a better life isn't going to be deterred by eviction laws.. they are still going to come. And they'll just end up on the streets (many already do), only to be forced into crime or slavery (yes, that also happens).

However harsh and cold you try to make the UK look, their own homes are far worse. Yet somehow we feel the need to criticize and hate them merely for having hope for a better life.
    Then they should do it legally.

Yeah. This is what troubles me the most. Let's say there's a lot of people coming over from a specific country where homosexuality is seen as obscene and disgusting.
    I find it bizarre you latch onto this, like homosexuality wasn't seen as obscene and disgusting by the British until recently.