... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

Clinton aid ordered to destroy emails

Story came in last night
    http://observer.com/2015/08/breaking...llary-clinton/

Seems like this gonna be another black eye for hilarys campaign

15+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, this entire thing seems like a mountain from a molehill. It was a horribly bad idea to use a personal email service, but I can't imagine some huge malicious conspiracy that a lot of people are making this in to. The whole outrage saying things like "It is simply shocking that the State Department did not immediately inform Congress, the Court, and Judicial Watch that Mrs. Clinton operated solely on a private email server" is ludicrous to me. You tell your boss that she should use an official email for work purposes, she tells me, 'nah, I'll be okay' and I would just shrug. In retrospect, yeah, bad idea, but at the time that would have sounded like such a minor thing that as a subordinate, I simply would not care.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    In before Merkava goes insane.

(just having fun - you know I love ya)

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    In all honesty, this entire thing seems like a mountain from a molehill.
    If it wasn't such a big deal why is everyone deleting emails and trying to cover their asses?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If it wasn't such a big deal why is everyone deleting emails and trying to cover their asses?
    Hilary is a really big target for the right and people are seeing a lot of things that simply aren't there. The same as Benghazi. The same as 9/11. The same as the moon landing. The difference is that over time, we've been putting more stock in conspiracy theories for some bizarre reason.

I'm not a fan of Hilary, but she was never trying to ruin the country.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    In before Merkava goes insane.

(just having fun - you know I love ya)
    We've been getting along so good!

- - - Updated - - -

Hilary is a really big target for the right and people are seeing a lot of things that simply aren't there. The same as Benghazi. The same as 9/11. The same as the moon landing. The difference is that over time, we've been putting more stock in conspiracy theories for some bizarre reason.

In all fairness, what's the conspiracy theory that you see here?

In all honesty, this entire thing seems like a mountain from a molehill. It was a horribly bad idea to use a personal email service, but I can't imagine some huge malicious conspiracy that a lot of people are making this in to.
    I haven't paid too much attention to it, but I don't think it is a malicious conspiracy but it is a huge lapse in judgment. The main issue is them trying to cover it up like nothing was wrong.

You tell your boss that she should use an official email for work purposes, she tells me, 'nah, I'll be okay' and I would just shrug.
    Our boss doesn't handle classified information...

It's not a conspiracy theory that she deleted emails, used a private server and decided to hand over what she felt was worthy. It's also not a conspiracy theory that once an inspector general reviewed a tiny sample size of 40 random emails he found classified information.

FBI Is Looking at Security of Hillary Clinton’s Email System
    Inquiry comes after a referral by the inspector general.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-is-l...tem-1438806426

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    In all fairness, what's the conspiracy theory that you see here?
    A big chunk republican debate was basically discussing how Hillary intended to ruin America and sell you all off to foreigners.

Stupid and poor choice to run a private email server yes, deliberately trying to undermine the great America no.

(From UK)

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a conspiracy theory that she deleted emails, used a private server and decided to hand over what she felt was worthy. It's also not a conspiracy theory that once an inspector general reviewed a tiny sample size of 40 random emails he found classified information.

I agree, it was a bad idea. At the same time, a lot of the responses have the same "attack the left" flavor that we had with Benghazi. Clinton absolutely made a mistake and the way she "handled it" by picking which emails to disclose was ludicrous, but I think it comes more from an aging idea of keeping a semblance of privacy than anything else.

Maybe I've just heard people cry wolf so many times with, and I've been using this example to death but, Benghazi or Obama's birth certificate, and so many other things that it's hard for me to actually take a lot of these "the administration screwed up horribly" controversies seriously. It's kind of like how Blizzard promises faster content all the time, historically they've been about the same on their release schedules since at least Wrath. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by GodlyBob; 2015-08-08 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    A big chunk republican debate was basically discussing how Hillary intended to ruin America and sell you all off to foreigners.

Stupid and poor choice to run a private email server yes, deliberately trying to undermine the great America no.

(From UK)
    And Biden says to African Americans that the Republicans want to put them back in chains. Hyperbole doesn't equal a conspiracy theory.

15+ Year Old Account
    And Biden says to African Americans that the Republicans want to put them back in chains. Hyperbole doesn't equal a conspiracy theory.
    It's a definite part of the narrative though, and we all know how much the media loves a good narrative.

It's a definite part of the narrative though, and we all know how much the media loves a good narrative.
    But my question was, what part of the most recent revelation about Clintons email problems constitutes a conspiracy theory for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the left recognizes hyperbole as hyperbole and laughs, while the right takes hyperbole as gospel and thinks everyone is out to get them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because it's an election and the GOP doesn't have any real "dirt" on Hilary so they have to make stuff up. Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Only the left recognizes hyperbole as hyperbole and laughs, while the right takes hyperbole as gospel and thinks everyone is out to get them.
    That's not my point. I had asked for evidence of a conspiricy theory and a reply was given that offered hyperbole as an example instead.

I thought the emails were marked classified after the fact.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We've been getting along so good!
    I hope my joshing didn't ruin that. I figured you'd be in on this pdq.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because it's an election and the GOP doesn't have any real "dirt" on Hilary so they have to make stuff up. Where have you been?
    That doesn't answer his question. And the recent stories on Hillary's email pit her against the FBI, her against the IG, not her against the GOP.

15+ Year Old Account
    But my question was, what part of the most recent revelation about Clintons email problems constitutes a conspiracy theory for you?
    You see the type of language brought up whenever this things resurfaces: deceit, illegal, unlawful. The entire dialogue makes this out as malicious, criminal, dangerous. It was stupid, but it was not malicious.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not my point. I had asked for evidence of a conspiricy theory and a reply was given that offered hyperbole as an example instead.
    "Conspiracy" might not be the correct word, but the entire situation is certainly mischaracterized.