Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    LOL, yeh bud the DOCTOR is wrong not some glasses shilling salesman.
    Do you honestly believe Doctors are correct 100% of the time? I once had a Doctor tell me my side pain was caused from inflamed cartilage around my sternum, turned out a few weeks later it was Stage 4 Cancer, that's a pretty incorrect diagnosis.

I can't say these type of glasses actually work as I've never had a reason to use computer oriented lenses but taking a single Doctors word as definitive proof that they don't work is laughable.

That said I agree with some of the others about shaming the company this early in your issues, you should at least try to get in contact with the company and try to get it resolved before going around and preaching that no one should buy their product. Some times errors in manufacturing get missed and problems do occur in shipping all the time so you should definitely give the manufacturer time to make things right before blowing your top. If they refuse to correct the issue then go ahead and enjoy ranting about the horrible product.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Deleted
    Going to see if I can get a Chinese company to make me a load up with the label "The Placebo Effect" Charge £30 a time.
    Because that is all it is, Paying some money, for a pair of glasses and you think they are working.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Going to see if I can get a Chinese company to make me a load up with the label "The Placebo Effect" Charge £30 a time.
    Because that is all it is, Paying some money, for a pair of glasses and you think they are working.
    Yeah, ignore the science behind it and the Doctors that say it's a real issue. It's all just placebo effect right?

http://web.archive.org/web/200704252....org/x5374.xml

Computer Vision Syndrome(CVS) is real. It is similar to Repetitive Strain Injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. you use a muscle too much, or put too much strain on it, and it starts to cause problems. Too much strain on your eyes from looking at things that are bad for them for extended periods of time certainly can cause issues.

You can sit here and tell me it's all in my head all you want. However, I had never heard of anything like this before, but once Imoved from warehouse to office and started spending 10+ hours a day staring at monitors, I started getting headaches. That was the only change in my life at the time. No dietary changes. No workout changes. No major emotional things going on. Actually less stress in the new job. I didn't make the headaches up because I had never heard of anything like this before. The headaches were real and the glasses made them go away. But yeah, I'll believe you, some random moron on the internet over the American Optometrist Association and my Doctor.

On one hand, these things do work.

On the other hand, you can just decrease the blue colour balance for your monitor/make the settings 'warmer'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    On one hand, these things do work.

On the other hand, you can just decrease the blue colour balance for your monitor/make the settings 'warmer'.
    That does not really work. There are still blues there. Anytime there is white on your screen, the backlit LEDs are emitting the damaging blue light because those white LEDs are not really white. You COULD increase the RED color balance which would block the blue from passing through, but then things look really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    That does not really work. There are still blues there. Anytime there is white on your screen, the backlit LEDs are emitting the damaging blue light because those white LEDs are not really white. You COULD increase the RED color balance which would block the blue from passing through, but then things look really weird.
    Removing all blue light is not necessary. You just have to reduce it to a comfortable level. It's why low blue-light monitor settings exist. Turning down overall brightness and reducing the brightness of blues is enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, ignore the science behind it and the Doctors that say it's a real issue. It's all just placebo effect right?

http://web.archive.org/web/200704252....org/x5374.xml

Computer Vision Syndrome(CVS) is real. It is similar to Repetitive Strain Injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. you use a muscle too much, or put too much strain on it, and it starts to cause problems. Too much strain on your eyes from looking at things that are bad for them for extended periods of time certainly can cause issues.

You can sit here and tell me it's all in my head all you want. However, I had never heard of anything like this before, but once Imoved from warehouse to office and started spending 10+ hours a day staring at monitors, I started getting headaches. That was the only change in my life at the time. No dietary changes. No workout changes. No major emotional things going on. Actually less stress in the new job. I didn't make the headaches up because I had never heard of anything like this before. The headaches were real and the glasses made them go away. But yeah, I'll believe you, some random moron on the internet over the American Optometrist Association and my Doctor.
    someone is a little tetchy, do you sell this type of "fashion" eye-ware ?

I never said that proper eye-ware from on optician does not work. I insinuated that the one made for a few bucks, with a fancy coloured lens and branded with a gaming name are a placebo. If you need corrective glasses, or glasses for working or gaming on a monitor for a long amount of time, then you should go to an optician and have your eyes looked at properly and get the correct glasses. Not some shoddy things that are not tailored for your eyes.

And yes, I, like you work / game on a monitor for many more hours than is healthy, I rarely, if ever take the recommended 15 minute break from the screen every three hours, I used to get a lot of migraines from doing this, but I don't any more since I switched from a CRT monitor to LCD and I take a few moment setting up the monitor I am working on at the time to be comfortable and not straining my eyes.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2015-08-06 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a BenQ XL2420Z monitor with the blue light adjustment setting. I have it set to 8 out of 10. No headaches or eye strain to report here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    someone is a little tetchy, do you sell this type of "fashion" eye-ware ?

I never said that proper eye-ware from on optician does not work. I insinuated that the one made for a few bucks, with a fancy coloured lens and branded with a gaming name are a placebo. If you need corrective glasses, or glasses for working or gaming on a monitor for a long amount of time, then you should go to an optician and have your eyes looked at properly and get the correct glasses. Not some shoddy things that are not tailored for your eyes.

And yes, I, like you work / game on a monitor for many more hours than is healthy, I rarely, if ever take the recommended 15 minute break from the screen every three hours, I used to get a lot of migraines from doing this, but I don't any more since I switched from a CRT monitor to LCD and I take a few moment setting up the monitor I am working on at the time to be comfortable and not straining my eyes.
    My company sells them, sort of. We actually sell safety supplies and equipment, first aid, first aid route service and safety footwear. I have the ability to buy them and sell them because the company we buy our safety glasses, hard hats and traffic vest through started making some. However, the only pairs I have sold so far were just to friends and family. There was no profit in those orders. I actually have 5 pair still sitting on the shelf in my warehouse from my initial purchase over a year ago. Even selling them at full retail(which I don't, they are marked down) there is about $15 of profit in them. At the discounted rate I sell them at there is about $7 of profit, before paying shipping. I also make no commission as I am not in sales at all. We aren't exactly getting rich selling these things, we hardly make anything at all on them. They are not our bread and butter nor anything we really care about. It's just something we have in case people want it, because they help people with a serious issue.

In addition to that, the ones I sell are not even targeted at gamers. They are targeted at companies who employ people who work at computers to sell directly to the companies to give to their employees, since that is the bulk of our business, selling safety supplies to companies.

and yeah, a little touchy I guess, but that's because I am sick and tired of all the people coming in here and saying it's a fake problem and not a real issue. I nearly lost my job over this issue. Once I moved in to the office and these headaches started, my life was terrible for several months. I would go home from work with my head and eyes hurting so badly all I could do was lay down in a dark room. I could barely play video games anymore. I went to work, got terrible headaches, went home and slept. Often having to leave work early as the headaches were just so bad I could not get work done. This came close to costing me my job. I visited the eye doctor who had performed my lasik 2 years prior and he said there was nothing wrong with my eye and nothing he could do. I went to 2 different doctors about the headaches and all they wanted to to was throw medicine at it, that was costing me money and not doing much more then Tylenol which only slightly dulled the headache anyway. Just so happened my vendor came by one week to show us some new models of safety glasses and I was talking about my headaches a bit. He pulled a pair out of his bag and gave them to me and told me to try wearing those, nothing else. No sales pitch, no trying to get me to buy any, nothing, just a kindness to someone he works closely with. Sure enough, after a few weeks, my headaches went away. My Dad had heard about it and asked his Doctor about it after the fact because he too, like so many in this thread, thought it was "fucking stupid"(his words). His Doctor told him about CVS and how it's a real thing. So yeah, a little touchy about after a whole thread of people telling me that entire experience is not true and that I made the headaches up and causing them myself and since I created them I got rid of them because i thought the glasses worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing all blue light is not necessary. You just have to reduce it to a comfortable level. It's why low blue-light monitor settings exist. Turning down overall brightness and reducing the brightness of blues is enough.
    I think what he means is that at high brightness output, the image always look blueish because the backlight itself is still emitting blue regardless.
    Plot twist: Just buy CCFL.

Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    I always took a small piece of sticky tape, colored it black, and stuck it in the middle of my screen. Way cheaper than buying a pair of those glasses
    lol the glasses don't give you a crosshair on the screen so you don't have to look through the scope on FPS so you can "No Scope" someone.

But I'm going to assume that was /sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    An actual low blue light mode is a bit different. It's not reducing the blue sub pixel gains so much filtering the LEDs. Of course with your typical settings it'll go warmer because of the reduced blue light.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35264075
    Reducing the blue gain and then recalibrating to the same color white point will result in the same blue light level if it weren't filtering it. Changing color gain does not change the LED property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Plot twist: Just buy CCFL.
    Eh, they're getting phased out.
    It is very common though for color balance to be off with a lot of low to mid range monitors. While calibrated properly you'd get a proper white for well, white. It's very recommended to have a hardware device to get a proper white point (D65 / 6500K white point, 6504 if you want to be very accurate).
    For those that don't know D65 is the white point temperature for actual 'white'.

Gaymur products are a scam

It's a marketing ploy for subpar merchandise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

It is very common though for color balance to be off with a lot of low to mid range monitors. While calibrated properly you'd get a proper white for well, white. It's very recommended to have a hardware device to get a proper white point (D65 / 6500K white point, 6504 if you want to be very accurate).
    For those that don't know D65 is the white point temperature for actual 'white'.
    I see it's that time in the day.
    I'll try to explain what Remilia means with "white point temperature for actual white". First, what's color temperature? We all know that warm looks redder and cold looks bluer, but can we measure it? Yes. Just like he said 6500K is the right point for actual white, this K stands for kelvin as you might have figured out and 6500K is a temperature measurement. But where this number popped out from?

Color "temperature" is the temperature at which a perfect black body radiates specific given color. A black-body radiator can virtually radiate any color of the visible color spectrum, and the color radiated varies as the black-body temperature goes up.

As you might have noticed from the picture above, higher temperature numbers wields shorter wavelengths / higher frequencies at the color spectrum, which results in a bluer color. The iPad 2 display for example, has a white point at ~7K Kelvin, that's why it looks cold.

Ideally speaking, a display that has it's white point close to 6500K should be able to reproduce colors closer to what they're supposed to be. But it isn't everything. Greyscale should also be close to a "ruler straight" line across the entire board.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-08-07 at 01:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catforum View Post
    Gaymur products are a scam

It's a marketing ploy for subpar merchandise
    Pretty much...

This is why I don't buy gaming headsets/speakers, etc. They're all lower quality crap for high-end prices.

Keyboards and mice are hit or miss, same with monitors.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean I have an anti glare coating on my lenses and it works like gangbusters but then again it's more for normal things like reducing glare from on oncoming cars.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but anyone dumb enough to buy "gaming glasses" deserves to be screwed over.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean I have an anti glare coating on my lenses and it works like gangbusters but then again it's more for normal things like reducing glare from on oncoming cars.
    The treatments applied to the lenses in real glasses is likely to be of far better quality than "gaming glasses" though.