Poll: My life for the Horde

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's unfortunate that the 2 races Blizzard chooses to focus the most on are the most boring races in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's unfortunate that the 2 races Blizzard chooses to focus the most on are the most boring races in the franchise.
    Which, really, is a damn shame since both races actually were interesting once before. I found the Humans the most interesting during the Second War when they still maintained some diversity in their kingdoms and the political conflict that came with that. Orcs were interesting to me during WC3.

I definitely think that these two races need to be put on the backburner for a while now until the devs get their collective act together and figure out what they want to do with them at a later time. Meanwhile there's a very selective roster of other races they can explore for the time being.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's so interesting about Klingons?

Orcs and Klingons are nearly the same (esp. the Iron Horde), but Star Trek used them for four (maybe five, I can't possibly reserve space in my memory for Enterprise) series.

The Orcs and the Klingons are ways for the "rational" human race to pit itself against the brutality we often inflict. It's a projection of one aspect of the human condition, brought to life so we can literally battle against it. In the end, we try to fight the idea as best we can and reject it as a part of who are, or we realize that even what we view as noble human endeavor contains a lot of the same violence and savagery.

...has Blizzard milked this cow until it's nothing more than a skeleton? Yes, and they've pretty much lost sight of this idea anyway.
    disco inferno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    What's so interesting about Klingons?
    Choose your words... carefully.

Deleted
    Well I personally distinguish between the playable race and the lore race.

I play female orc since BC because I love orcs in general: in the Elder Scrolls, in Lord of the Rings, D&D, Might&Magic, Magic:The Gathering... etc. So for me, it's a no-brainer. But that doesn't mean I like Thrall (I dislike him alot) or endorse the amount of orc-centered lore. I like Garrona, Draka and AR Durotan, but I sincerely hope that the next expansion will feature the Forsaken, Goblins, Worgen, Tauren, Nelfs or dwarfs.

True story: WC3 onwards turned against type and made orcs something other than bloodthirsty heavy metal covers to give lonely neckbeards wetdreams. Then Metzen went full lucas and everything cata onwards turned them into generic hunchbacks, bucktoothed blood thirsty monsters again. Why? fuck if i know but jesus christ what a step down in interesting writing.

Me not that kind of Orc.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is nothing interesting about Orcs.

Even if the series is "Orcs and Humans" the Orcs like Humans are the Base Generic species of one side.