Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well in his case it wasn't to get more viewers, he does not have a problem getting 13k+ viewers every day. It was at the end of a 24 hour stream as well.
    Well...now he will have plenty of free time to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Well...now he will have plenty of free time to rest.
    IIRC he's already been unbanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC he's already been unbanned.
    Well that was fast. :-)

Well in his case it wasn't to get more viewers, he does not have a problem getting 13k+ viewers every day. It was at the end of a 24 hour stream as well.
    Yeah, I'm sure he has NO interest in maintaining his viewer numbers by keeping things interesting.

Nope, not at alllll possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure he has NO interest in maintaining his viewer numbers by keeping things interesting.

Nope, not at alllll possible.
    He maintains plenty of viewers by what he already does. He didn't need to pull a stunt like this. Considering how popular he is this stunt makes no sense if the goal was to 'maintain his viewer numbers'.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    People watch streams to watch people play games, not to see them act out stupid skits.
    This isn't true at all.

It is the sheer and complete stupidity of the streamers that people like. They WANT to hear them scream and act retarded. There are plenty of gameplay videos that show all sorts of things in games, streaming is just for attention whores and the people who like watching their antics.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    This isn't true at all.

It is the sheer and complete stupidity of the streamers that people like. They WANT to hear them scream and act retarded. There are plenty of gameplay videos that show all sorts of things in games, streaming is just for attention whores and the people who like watching their antics.
    And tournaments, educational plays, convention broadcasts, dev questionaires, various forms of art creativity, even game development, etc. More to twitch than simply attention whores. Like saying youtubers simply need attention when the world is actually bigger than sarcastic content creators.

Trick2g is a good guy, but the "joke" left a bad taste in my mouth. Shouldn't of been done.

However, people speaking ill of him are idiots. Everyone makes mistakes. He's still a really entertaining streamer.

A decent chunk of streamers on Twitch (a lot of the popular ones that tend to stick to only one or a few games anyway) have become nothing more than developer sellouts who whore themselves out in any way they can to get subs/donations/attention/money. Not saying all of them on Twitch are like that, but it seems like it's becoming more common.

Ones that spring to mind (aka, ones I've watched and observed more recently) are some of the bigger Destiny streamers. Bungie can make huge mistakes with their game, have the majority of the community pissed off about it, and you'll see most of the top Destiny streamers doing damage control and saying nothing's wrong and that the game is still just as amazing and bug-free as ever. Granted, I know they don't want to turn people away from the game they count on for streaming revenue, but they have become like robots, preaching that Bungie can practically do no wrong.

There are other games and streamers this applies to obviously, but that was one example that sprang to mind.

Ones that spring to mind (aka, ones I've watched and observed more recently) are some of the bigger Destiny streamers. Bungie can make huge mistakes with their game, have the majority of the community pissed off about it, and you'll see most of the top Destiny streamers doing damage control and saying nothing's wrong and that the game is still just as amazing and bug-free as ever. Granted, I know they don't want to turn people away from the game they count on for streaming revenue, but they have become like robots, preaching that Bungie can practically do no wrong.
    I dont hang around twitch to much but it boggles my mind why people would watch destiny streams. Do they know nothing about the game? Fuck if people watch that shit i should stream diablo 2 farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont hang around twitch to much but it boggles my mind why people would watch destiny streams. Do they know nothing about the game? Fuck if people watch that shit i should stream diablo 2 farming.
    I mainly let it play in the background as just noise to listen to. I don't actually just sit and watch them play. It's usually pulled up on my second monitor while I'm playing a game or browsing the net. There are only a few streamers who I actually sit and watch them play stuff and engage with them in chat....and none of them are Destiny streamers :P.

But yeah, some of the bigger Destiny streamers can average 2,000-6,000 viewers while doing nothing but the same mindless grinding over and over again. It's not much different than watching the 1,000th LoL game, or watching some raid in WoW for the 1,000th time. Pretty much the only time watching Twitch doesn't involve something like this is when a brand new game comes out that people want to see before buying it themselves. Otherwise it's the same games, with the same grinds, over and over.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2015-08-06 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    This isn't true at all.

Are they playing video games the whole time?

Because Twitch actually has a rule where you can't stop playing and chill with your audience for too long.

Are they playing video games the whole time?

Because Twitch actually has a rule where you can't stop playing and chill with your audience for too long.
    They are REALLY lax on that, but yes most of them either are playing or have a small corner of the screen dedicated to a game even if they themselves aren't the one playing it. One of the tricks the boob lady streamers use is to just show a small corner of the screen with some gameplay of the game they have chosen as their focus for streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, you don't have to be actually PLAYING a game in order for content to count as game-related content.
    Also true. You can get away with quite a lot as far as Twitch goes.

They are REALLY lax on that, but yes most of them either are playing or have a small corner of the screen dedicated to a game even if they themselves aren't the one playing it. One of the tricks the boob lady streamers use is to just show a small corner of the screen with some gameplay of the game they have chosen as their focus for streaming.
    I know that. I know several people who like to talk politics on Twitch and in order to do so they talk while a friend plays a game for the stream.

But that doesn't mean it's okay to act out shitty skits and act all indignant when that is clearly against the rules.

I know that. I know several people who like to talk politics on Twitch and in order to do so they talk while a friend plays a game for the stream.

But that doesn't mean it's okay to act out shitty skits and act all indignant when that is clearly against the rules.
    Yeah I mean it is why I have a problem with Twitch either doing nothing at all on some of these streams or slapping the wrist of someone. If Twitch feels you broke a rule then how about some real punishment. Some of these streamers make major cash doing this for a living and they should be held accountable for some of the dumb shit they do. However that usually isn't the Twitch way. They care about money.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    He's the hero of 12 year old kids that "fucked your mom" each time you kill them in league. Waching his stream is cringeworthy.
    Yup. Basically anyone who said "maan, if dat was me, I woulda hit him in da head!" in 4th grade.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well...duh.

I don't know why people still say things about businesses like, "They care about money!" as if they're insulting them or showing something negative about their character.
    Well they ARE a company that relies on the public to view these streamers. If they start to go too far in the wrong direction it will eventually impact the bottom line. It is a fine line to walk at times when they are in a business such as this.