Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Antsterr, im not saying that, im saying that raiding has got its love, but its come at the cost of everything else, which means the best focus is the "only" focus and that in itself means even if its the best thing the game has to offer you "are" going to burn out doing it.

i will never understand why people who hate raiding play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you think raiding is the burger, you're thinking the same way Blizzard is. That raiding is the true WoW, everything else is just extras.

That WoW is just fine if all there is is raiding.

WoW is like a sub. Raiding is like turkey on the sub. Sure, the sub is good with turkey, but the turkey is not the end-all-be-all of the sub. It can survive without the turkey, and nobody wants a sub that's JUST turkey.
    It's the meat, it's not a burger without meat. You can make a pretty good sandwich with the condiments, cheese and salad; but that does not a burger make.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    "They forgot to put condiments on my burger, the beef is ruining my burger."

^That is the argument you just made OP.
    You can't get that through some people's heads, unfortunately. Far too many people on this forum seem to think that the answer to having everything stripped from the game except raiding is to now strip raiding from the game. It's baffling, but if the internet has taught us anything, it's that there are fucktons of stupid people in this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeofsanity View Post
    i will never understand why people who hate raiding play this game.
    Because this game used to offer more than one form of end-game content?

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Raidings great.

If blizzard could gate it behind a fuckton of content that everybody who doesn't raid can do again, that'd be super.
    This 100%. They need to do this. Raiders also wouldn't get as burned out as quickly too.

Uh what...What am I supposed to do besides raid? Farm rep? for what? World of Transcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Raiding is more like onion rings. Got it's market, but now why most diners are ion the place.
    Even so, if the onion rings are amazing it doesn't make much sense to get rid of them. Focus on improving the rest of the burger and don't change a thing with those damn tasty onion rings.

Deleted
    Nope making this game super casual and reward everybody with everything killed this game. Covinience, no challenge, segment game into difficulty levels, interface game where you clicking buttons instead of actualy playing in world. All this killed game. So *** casuals and have nice day. And no casuals are no reason why this game is still alive.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's the meat, it's not a burger without meat. You can make a pretty good sandwich with the condiments, cheese and salad; but that does not a burger make.
    But would WoW truly die without raiding?

Right now it would, but if raiding wasn't around in Wrath or MoP? It probably would have gotten along just fine because it had enough variety of content.

WoW is a sub. It needs many pieces to be good, but no one piece is absolutely mandatory.

Good thing I just had dinner.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Your missing the point Furitrix/DesMephisto.

Content is there for you outside of raiding, but right now, its not even remotley in the same league as whats already there, raiding is your thing, thats fine, but the game clearly had more than raiding at one time and now, it doesnt, thats the problem.

There were "other" ways to do things, and they were removed, to gate it to the point of forcing progression through raiding.

If you enjoy raiding thats not something im against, what im against is not having other choices.

Deleted
    I kinda agree.

Back in the day you had raids, 1 difficulty level for tier and maybe a mount.
    These days everything is locked behind raids: Trinkets, tier, titles, achievements, pets even followers.

Just look at TBC Netherdragons not locked behind raids.
    Tournement in WotlK, not locked behind raids.

They had 100% focus on raids and 0 focus on non raiders, they really beleaved they would stick around with a tourist mode with 0 rewards.
    And a Facebook game that we might just aswell play free on mobile.

Raiding is the meat in the WoW-burger.

Can a burger joint survive with just plain burgers? Yes... But wouldn't it be better if there was bacon, cheese, onions, mushrooms, more cheese, and a friggin hotdog on that burger?

Wrath was a Hardee's 'Most American' Thickburger (look that thing up, it's awesome) while WoD is a plain Macdouble with cheese.

V.S

Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-08-04 at 11:09 PM.
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You can't get that through some people's heads, unfortunately. Far too many people on this forum seem to think that the answer to having everything stripped from the game except raiding is to now strip raiding from the game. It's baffling, but if the internet has taught us anything, it's that there are fucktons of stupid people in this world.
    Bad analogies anyway. The mistake they made was that they thought people were having fun wrong, in ways that didn't make sense to them or with their ideas within the confines of the game environment.

I can remember someone saying something along the lines of 'no one making end game that's a real alternative to endgame'; what they failed to recognise is that they had already done exactly that, with all the stuff that people were doing that wasn't raiding. Thinking that people were in there, were somehow 'trapped' or 'mistaken' that they were in there at all for any length of time; it was seeing what was actually the success of that content, as a failure of other parts of the puzzle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    We had OPTIONS on how to play, and there were at least 10-20 different ways of progressing your character in SOME form of activity, be it open world pvp, arena pvp, pvp in battlegrounds, pvp in wintergrasp, raiding in wintergrasp, raiding in various earlier raids, doing hardmode ulduar, doing normal/heroic ICC, doing ToTC dailies for gear.

Finally, someone that spelled out what those so called "amazing options" were. It proves once again that most of you people were kids back then. I don't mean to disrespect you but you really have such a strong nostalgia because of being that young that you can't see in front of your eyes that:

1. "open world pvp, arena pvp, pvp in battlegrounds, pvp in wintergrasp" is just regular pvp and it wasn't that perfect either. I don't know or get what was so different back then.

2. "raiding in various earlier raids, doing hardmode ulduar, doing normal/heroic ICC". Wat. That's regular raiding. I have no idea what you see there different.

3. "doing ToTC dailies for gear". I've no idea what's so amazing about that or too different from something like daily stuff in tanaan.

Get over it, the game is old. Most of you fail to see the obvious: Yes, the game is failing, but not because it became worse, but because it has not changed as much, or you have changed too much.

Sure, it has done mistakes in WoD, major mistakes, but it's obvious most people don't complain about it in itself, but about their imaginary nostalgia from years ago. Sure, good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    Raiding is the meat in the WoW-burger.

Can a burger joint survive with just plain burgers? Yes... But wouldn't it be better if there was bacon, cheese, onions, mushrooms, more cheese, and a friggin hotdog on that burger?

Wrath was a Hardee's 'Most American' Thickburger (look that thing up, it's awesome) while WoD is a plain Macdouble with cheese.
    With a side of fries and nuggets too, thanks.

40man Molten core made WoW a special game for me personally. Raiding defiantly was one of if not the best feature WoW has made. It shouldn't be everything though just the pinnacle of the peak. But with LFR/normal/heroic/mythic raiding modes and little outside of raiding that is of quality (pvp has been horrible for awhile, mini games such as pets while these are still really good if not the best quality they've done its just not enough to keep you logged in and engaged.) WoW has suffered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quite the contrary; Raiding is one of the few remaining great parts of the game. The raiding in WoD is excellent.

I disagree that raiding killed WoW, it's the lack of anything besides raiding that killed it.

When they forced people to raid or have nothing to do, this game started going down hill. Until Blizzard stops their raid centric focus, this game will continue to spiral into obscurity.

WoW needs to return to its roots, with one or two raid difficulties only, and tons of other stuff to do. Scrap the hand holding, everyone sees and gets everything, and make the players actually play the game and commit some time to their entertainment to actually see and do everything. Without a carrot on the end of the stick, there's absolutely no incentive to actually play this game.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2015-08-04 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Sorry Rik but WOTLK had options that WoD does not, being able to pvp and gear up for pve, being able to pve and gear up for pvp, being able to do open world dailies to get justice/valor for raiding, being able to do dungeon farms via tabard grinds at a relaxed pace rather than being made to do a painfully generic apexis grind that takes three times the effort and gives nothing towards gearing you up for raids, only heroic dungeons.
    Are you actually kidding?

If anything, gearing up for pvp via pve and vice versa is easier NOW than it ever has been. You can get ilevel 700s from pvp. The normal mode version of HFC drops 695-705. Both are EASILY accessible.