10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

I reckon Barca will be the first team to win the CL back to back. In modern format anyway.

Deleted

Well, then...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Also, don't really see why Arsenal is getting flak for bottling the league when the biggest culprits are City.
    Because while City should have won the league, this year was Arsenal's year. They went eight years without a trophy, with people calling for Wenger to go. Then they win a couple of FA Cups and buy him a little more time. People buy into his plan of not overspending. The stadium gets paid off. The stars align, everything is ideal for Arsenal to have a tilt at the title. Chelsea implode. United struggle. City can't cope. This is Arsenal's time. This is what they have been building up to for the past decade. This is their shot. They will never get a better opportunity to - oh shit, they're done. In the space of five or so weeks.

This clip sums up the emotion and the hilarity of the situation. Just replace "Benihana" with "Leicester".

I know the draw is only tomorrow and we still have EL today but i will ask you guys the following questions just for fun:

1 - Who do you think it's the best and worst team of the 8 at the moment?

2 - Your bets for who will face who. Tomorrow we can see who got closer to the actual draw.

---------

1 - Best team - Barcelona / Worst team - This is a tough one. Maybe Benfica or Atlético?

2 - PSG vs Benfica

--- Wolfsburgo vs Barcelona

--- ManCity vs Real Madrid

--- Bayern vs Atlético

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Best team - Barcelona / Worst team- Wolfsburg

2 - PSG vs Real Madrid
    --- Wolfsburg vs Atletico
    --- Barcelona vs Man City
    --- Bayern vs Benfica

Ozil and Alexis summing up the season

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Best team - Barcelona, worst team - Wolfsburg

I'd like to see:
    City - Real
    Bayern - PSG
    Atletico - Wolfsburg
    Barcelona - Benfica

Deleted
    Both of Bayerns goals in the first leg were invalid, there was a foul on Pogba in the buildup to a goal last night and apparently one was marginally offside.

When can we get video refs in?
    The sense of injustice is fucking monolithic when it comes to goals and sendings off, no need for it anywhere else.

don't tell me you are complaining about referee calls for Juventus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    don't tell me you are complaining about referee calls for Juventus?
    I'm not complaining on behalf of anyone.

Just saying that there were a lot fo shit calls from refs these past two days.
    Almost all of which could have been avoided with a ten second correspondance with a video ref.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    I reckon Barca will be the first team to win the CL back to back. In modern format anyway.
    They can be beaten, Arsenal had more than enough chances to do that last night. I think Atleti are probably the only club still left in there that can do it though, none of the rest look strong enough defensively.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-03-17 at 02:33 PM.

video is a tough subject I think. for things like goal line technology and associated video, it is fine but after that where do you draw the line? One of the great things about the sport is the constant flow. Do you really want it to be like the NBA where you can have 5 minutes or more of refs looking at video?

It's not as cut and dry to say that having video technology will suddenly cure the ills here. Heck, if we had video technology in WC 2002 maybe we (Spain) would have been in the final that year instead of being jobbed out of a game vs SK. Even with that, I still don't think having video technology is the greatest of ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They can be beaten, Arsenal had more than enough chances to do that last night. I think Atleti are probably the only club still left in there that can do it though, none of the rest look strong enough defensively.
    Barca have beaten Atletico the last 6 times they have played them

Hug A Gooner

10+ Year Old Account
    Barca have beaten Atletico the last 6 times they have played them
    They've been pretty tight games though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They've been pretty tight games though.
    There is no doubt that over a two game tie, Barca would come out on top in that matchup.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no doubt that over a two game tie, Barca would come out on top in that matchup.
    You're probably right, but that seems inevitable for everyone else in that line up too - by much wider margins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blind not playing. Maybe United has a chance now.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a dapper looking kit. Those red socks look a bit too ridiculous though

Looks smart. The socks are dreadful though. And couldn't they get more attractive models than Harry "my mum is also my auntie" Kane and Wayne "Shrek" Rooney?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Adams View Post
    Looks smart. The socks are dreadful though. And couldn't they get more attractive models than Harry "my mum is also my auntie" Kane and Wayne "Shrek" Rooney?
    Still better than having Gareth Bale as your model. I pity Wales.