10+ Year Old Account
    What is going on in that Leicester vs Aston Villa game?

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    What is going on in that Leicester vs Aston Villa game?
    Leicester throwing down the gauntlet and saying "we're taking that CL spot which Chelsea have vacated"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i guess you are right about that. If Newcastle win tomorrow Chelsea will be in the bottom 3 lol.
    Last edited by laffling; 2015-09-13 at 05:07 PM.

Yea i guess you are right about that. If Newcastle win tomorrow Chelsea will be in the bottom 3 lol.
    and we'll still finish above Arsenal.

Leicester City for the Champions' League, Chelsea for the Championship?

(yes I'm being facetious)

Or am I?

Deleted
    life-long Leicester City fan popping in to be smug again

seriously though, when we went 2-0 down at Aston Villa I was sort of like "oh well I think we all knew this wouldn't last forever" but then jesus christ we had to go and nick it. i think champions league football might be a bit of a reach but if we keep even a little of the stuff we're showing right now then we have every chance to fight for a europa league spot imo. the biggest question marks in my head are "are our players fit enough to stop them getting injured or flagging in the second half of the season" and "if that does happen, is our squad deep enough to cover for it?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well last season Aston Villa where on top of the league after like 5 games played or so and then they ended up in the relegation battle at the end of the season. Dont think its a good idea to read to much in to this start Pretty sure most of the "normal" top teams will start to move towards the top again an usual.

But still have to give alot of credit to Leicester tho of course. They have been very good so far, but that usually dont last an entire season sadly.

Deleted
    Man United & Liverpool are two bang average teams right now. There's just nothing going on.

They're two teams that are for the taking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Well last season Aston Villa where on top of the league after like 5 games played or so and then they ended up in the relegation battle at the end of the season. Dont think its a good idea to read to much in to this start Pretty sure most of the "normal" top teams will start to move towards the top again an usual.

But still have to give alot of credit to Leicester tho of course. They have been very good so far, but that usually dont last an entire season sadly.
    Yeah, it's the long haul that matters. Look at Derby in the Championship last year. Looked like they were running away with it, and dropped from top with a big gap to finish outside the top 6 in the last two months.

(and the manager who masterminded that drop now works for Newcastle...)
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-09-14 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    life-long Leicester City fan popping in to be smug again

seriously though, when we went 2-0 down at Aston Villa I was sort of like "oh well I think we all knew this wouldn't last forever" but then jesus christ we had to go and nick it. i think champions league football might be a bit of a reach but if we keep even a little of the stuff we're showing right now then we have every chance to fight for a europa league spot imo. the biggest question marks in my head are "are our players fit enough to stop them getting injured or flagging in the second half of the season" and "if that does happen, is our squad deep enough to cover for it?"
    Dyer's goal aswell, fucking hell.. Talk about going all the way. He could've easily hurt himself alot more there.

Also Southampton were in 2nd trailing Chelsea until Christmas, but ultimately didn't have the legs to keep going. If Leicester get European football next season I'll post a picture of myself in a Chelsea shirt with Terry's name on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Also Southampton were in 2nd trailing Chelsea until Christmas, but ultimately didn't have the legs to keep going. If Leicester get European football next season I'll post a picture of myself in a Chelsea shirt with Terry's name on the back.
    Done.

Anyone watch the Milan Derby ? Balotelli was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Done.

Anyone watch the Milan Derby ? Balotelli was great.
    Yeah he was. They shouldn't have taken Bacca off for him though, they should have taken Honda off instead.

Deleted
    Jesus Christ Newcastle are awful.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see both them and Sunderland go down. Most likely with Bournemouth or Watford.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the bets being made this year are getting pretty juicy.

Just remember, nothing is impossible. Still annoyed I wasted a tenner on backing Liverpool to win the league after making a daft bet on here.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Some of the bets being made this year are getting pretty juicy.

Just remember, nothing is impossible. Still annoyed I wasted a tenner on backing Liverpool to win the league after making a daft bet on here.
    I mean you'd have to be high to make that bet.

I still wonder at those folks saying that Man City wouldn't even make the top 4

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Jesus Christ Newcastle are awful.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see both them and Sunderland go down. Most likely with Bournemouth or Watford.
    I think Bournemouth are more likely to go down than Watford. Bournemouth just seem lost on the pitch. I mean, the game against Norwich they were just standing around waiting for the ball to come to them, and they got taken apart.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-09-14 at 08:49 PM.

We are staying up, we are staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Road View Post
    We are staying up, we are staying up.
    Only because Sunderland and Newcastle are worse than you!