10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Road View Post
    wot u on m8?
    I meant seeding groups 1 & 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not sure why Netherlands champions are top seed , that's just mind-blowing.
    It's because Barcelona are holders and champions, so filling two of the seeded placements, and Netherlands were next on the list in the ranks to be seeded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Astana might get out of that group. Some horrific travelling for teams there.
    Not least for Astana themselves...

Nice groups for United and City, makes me happy.

Deleted
    Son from Leverkusen to Spurs for £22M

Good player, but how many times have we seen Spurs turn good players into shite...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    100% a goal

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Son from Leverkusen to Spurs for £22M

Good player, but how many times have we seen Spurs turn good players into shite...
    Er...never? Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Carrick have all left us for far higher fees and teams than we paid for them. The only ones in modern times that went south were Soldado and maybe Paulinho.

Looking at the players that Del Bosque called up fro the qualifiers, I don't think he even looked at the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Er...never? Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Carrick have all left us for far higher fees and teams than we paid for them. The only ones in modern times that went south were Soldado and maybe Paulinho.
    That wouldn't be never then would it...

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That wouldn't be never then would it...
    Compared to most teams, we have a far better track record of taking good players and them continuing to play at their top or an even higher level...at which point we sell them to Man U or Real Madrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to most teams, we have a far better track record of taking good players and them continuing to play at their top or an even higher level...at which point we sell them to Man U or Real Madrid.
    Not a bad feeder club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not a bad feeder club
    C'mon, you're better than that.

Deleted
    It's because Barcelona are holders and champions, so filling two of the seeded placements, and Netherlands were next on the list in the ranks to be seeded.
    Yeh , i know that , what i meant was that i find it weird that they would be top seeded , i'd much rather have the EL Champions in that spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnny Evans to West Brom, £6 million plus 2 mil in addons.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Not a bad feeder club
    Honestly if Spurs could keep their players we'd be a top 4 team easily. Honestly the money we got for Bale hasn't really replaced him at all, the best buy was by far and away Eriksen who only cost £12mil (don't ask me how) and Kane came through the youth. Other than that the bigger transfers haven't been quite as successful.

Deleted
    Liverpool are playing Bordeaux in the Europa League.

Might go on down to the shithole that is Stade Girondins for a giggle.

Deleted
    Honestly if Spurs could keep their players we'd be a top 4 team easily.
    That could be a fun game. What if clubs could've held on to their best players? Ajax would have Suarez and Ibrahimovic up front!

Deleted
    Any predictions for today's games? Here's mine.

Newcastle v Arsenal - Either a draw or a narrow Arsenal win. Don't see Newcastle getting three points here.

Man City v Watford - Man City win. Easy.

Bournemouth v Leicester City - Expecting goals from both sides but also expecting a relatively stress free Leicester win here.

Aston Villa v Sunderland - Easy Aston Villa win. Sunderland made it look hard against Exeter, they stand no chance here.

Stoke City v West Brom - Probably a Stoke win but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Chelsea v Crystal Palace - Once again, probably a Chelsea win, but if there's going to be an upset this weekend, I expect it to be here.

Liverpool v West Ham - Liverpool win.

Tottenham v Everton - Probably a draw. Could go either way in reality. Depends who's better on the day.

Southampton v Norwich City - Pretty stress-free Southampton win imo.

Swansea City v Man United - Probably a Man United win, but once again, I wouldn't be too shocked at an upset here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if Spurs could keep their players we'd be a top 4 team easily. Honestly the money we got for Bale hasn't really replaced him at all, the best buy was by far and away Eriksen who only cost £12mil (don't ask me how) and Kane came through the youth. Other than that the bigger transfers haven't been quite as successful.
    Was arguably the same with United's fee for Ronaldo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zevrosh View Post
    Yeh , i know that , what i meant was that i find it weird that they would be top seeded , i'd much rather have the EL Champions in that spot.
    On the one hand it kinda makes sense, but the reality would have put another Spanish club in there, that feels a bit less cool, questioning then, why Sevilla and not Real. It would certainly throw a lot more incentive into getting through the Europa league though.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-08-29 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jetro Willems at SJP today to watch his mate Wijnaldum again. Be nice if we could sign him and have a proper LB. Also thank fuck Giroud isn't starting, he always scores against United.

Deleted
    De Bruyne having a medical at Citeh

10+ Year Old Account
    Referee having a shocker here. Sending a player off because of his name.