Boomkin - N Prism and H Sethe trinkets simming high?

I currently own the following trinkets:
    Chipped Soul Prism
    Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia (Heroic)
    Unblinking Gaze of Sethe (Heroic)
    Seed of Creation (Normal)
    Goren Soul Repository (Mythic)

To my surprise, Prism and Sethe are simming at or near the top in all cases (Patchwerk, HecticAddCleave, 3 targets with light movement). From what I've read in other forum posts, DSI was a clear winner. I'm not very experienced with SimCraft, so I may be missing something. Is there some reason those trinkets would be overvalued, or DSI or GSR undervalued?

Here is the profile I used. (Don't have enough posts yet to add links)
    justpaste (dot) it/mt2a

Sethe is overvalued in multi-target fights in SimC because it assumes that every proc hits every target which will not nearly be the case in any fight in HFC.

Goren, Shadowmoon, and other stat proc trinkets are slightly undervalued because the default action list doesn't make any effort to stack CDs with trinket procs (except by default on the pull).

Out of those options, I would probably stick with Goren and Shadowmoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is spot on, it's simc under/over valuing, if you were to try the trinkets on bosses and compare results to simc you'd find they're highly inaccurate
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Tarm View Post
    Sethe is overvalued in multi-target fights in SimC because it assumes that every proc hits every target which will not nearly be the case in any fight in HFC.

Goren, Shadowmoon, and other stat proc trinkets are slightly undervalued because the default action list doesn't make any effort to stack CDs with trinket procs (except by default on the pull).

Out of those options, I would probably stick with Goren and Shadowmoon.
    It's showing Sethe + Prism as top on single target as well. And if I'm being honest, I don't try to line up my CDs with trinket procs either. Usually I'm just looking for lust and lunar eclipse. I suppose I could probably help my dps by improving that.

So it still seems odd to me, but I'll try those trinkets out in a few pulls and see if it has much effect.

IMO: CSP+DSI....replace CSP with H SoC whenever it becomes available to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyepic are you saying that if I have CSP and DSI that I should keep that until H SoC? N SoC wouldn't be an upgrade of CSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    Skyepic are you saying that if I have CSP and DSI that I should keep that until H SoC? N SoC wouldn't be an upgrade of CSP?
    Correct, mainly due to the 16% proc nerf to SoC (which still hasn't been tooltip updated...not sure if the newest SimCraft takes this into account but i know the first 620 version did not.

Normal SoC has a proc chance of like 65%, so unless you get really good RNG, CSP is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Correct, mainly due to the 16% proc nerf to SoC (which still hasn't been tooltip updated...not sure if the newest SimCraft takes this into account but i know the first 620 version did not.

Normal SoC has a proc chance of like 65%, so unless you get really good RNG, CSP is better.
    I wish I didn't listen to all this talk about normal SoC being crap. I got it last week and it's been an improvement, I don't know why I waited so long but something just came over me to give it a try and I got it. Trinket is just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by randytaylor View Post
    I wish I didn't listen to all this talk about normal SoC being crap. I got it last week and it's been an improvement, I don't know why I waited so long but something just came over me to give it a try and I got it. Trinket is just too good.
    It's fine for single target, the issues come from it being to unreliable for cleave fights were you need Starfall to be active. It's not about the damage it does, it's about it not doing it when you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by randytaylor View Post
    never said it was crap....just said CSP is better lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    never said it was crap....just said CSP is better lol.
    Are there fights that WF N SoC tops CSP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmonk View Post
    Are there fights that WF N SoC tops CSP?
    Fights with 1-2 targets, and non sustained aoe. Killrog is probably a good example.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Fights with 1-2 targets, and non sustained aoe. Killrog is probably a good example.
    Zakuun. 1 target for the entire fight, so the AoE part is irrelevant and it's just extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    So I'm thinking:

Reaver
    Kormrok (since hands get bursted down in 2 seconds)
    Council? (This is the one I'm unsure about)
    Kilrogg
    Gorefiend
    Socrethar (if not on ghost duty)
    Zakuun
    Velhari

I assume the need for AOE on Assault, Xul, Manny, Arch, Iskar makes CSP better.

Am I mistaken with any of those?