View Poll Results: Are you still gonna fall into it and buy the new expansion?

Voters
830. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I still belive in blizzard's word and hell yeah I'm gonna buy it.

276 33.25%
  • I believe in them but it's time to move to better games or activities, so no expansion for me..

11 1.33%
  • I do not believe in them, but there is nothing better so I will buy it.

97 11.69%
  • I won't believe what they say at Games/Blizzcon but If I like it and it is true I may buy it.

368 44.34%
  • I have lost faith in Blizzard. Won't buy the new expansion no matter what.

78 9.40%
Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

World of Warcraft 7.0 False Hype. Are you still gonna fall into it?

Are you still gonna fall into it and buy the new expansion?

Fool me once, shame on you....

Not this time Blizzard !

Deleted
    Still haven't even bought WoD. The next xpac would have to be a complete overhaul of the design for me to consider it. Unfortunately I don't see that happening, it will just be more of the same but with more money grabbing to offset the revenue loss from falling sub numbers.

It never hurts to try something. I'll give it a month or two and decide whether or not to stay after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    Are you still gonna fall into it and buy the new expansion?
    I don't feel as if I fell for anything. I started playing just after TBC was released and after 8 years I can honestly say that I'm having a good time playing the game. Sure, a lot has changed but I don't feel as if I have been tricked or lied to. I love this game.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Deleted
    I'm excited to see what new expansion we will be getting, and I'm staying hopeful, but I am easily pleased to be honest, so the simplest thing could get me hyped for whatever new thing is coming our way =p

Mainly coz I don't hate WoW *shrug* I'm easy going and don't seem to rage as much as everyone else xD

Deleted
    So have we reached full circle now? From hype to anti-hype, you know what it doesn't matter, equally stupid and equally tiresome to listen to.

Deleted
    I'll probably buy it and play through the quests to max level. After that ill probably bail again.

Deleted
    Either way I'm still gonna get more enjoyment per euro in comparison to most games so sure.

Picked up WoD knowing what was going to come. Expected it to be bare, expected it's main feature to lock us in. Pretty obvious IMO. I'll get whatever 7.0 is. End of the day I love the game, helped me through some pretty shit times, people I play with are worth the sub every month regardless if the content is good or bad.

No reason for me not to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not false hype, as bad as WoD is, its still an epic storyline, and brought some good stuff. Im gonna buy it, mostly cause of storyline

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Not buying the expansion until / unless it is proven that the old Blizz is back. They lied (a lot) regarding WoD. They have to prove themselves all over again now.

Deleted
    LOL ofc every1 is gonna buy the expansion. even preorder. all those that say they aren't, we know you will

Eh, no really fitting options for me. WoD certainly was no magnum opus, but i've played worse games. I still got several months worth of entertainment out of the expansion, so unless they completely mess up, i'll stay.

I have no reason to doubt Blizzard can bounce back from a missfire when they already did so with Mist of Pandaria after Cata, so yeah i'll probably get hyped.

Yes, I will buy it. I have no idea what it is but hell yea I'm gonna buy it.

I'm hyped for the hype.

Blizzard would really need a hook in people for the next expansion. Give them something to make sure they will buy it. Something like Overwatch beta access, or..lol, free tickets to Blizzcon 2016.

But honestly at Gamescom, I think they will admit that WoD wasn't the best expansion they have done, but time was a factor and they didn't "have the time" to work on everything that was promised. So they will only give us an announcement for the next setting of WoW, and reveal the full announcement at Blizzcon.

I really just hope that Blizzard will learn from this and not be over ambitious about their next expansion. Mainly, don't announce something and not follow through with it.

Nope. They lied to me. I'm not buying what they say. So I will be observing and read what other players who "are fooled enough" to buy 6th expansion about their thoughts and their opinions for the 6th expansion. If I see alot of good things, I will look at youtube, maybe streams to see how it is in live.

If it is good enough, I will probably buy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjiznit View Post
    I'll probably buy it and play through the quests to max level. After that ill probably bail again.
    this, i will max 1-2 chars, play through norm/hc first tier and then leave. like every exp..

10+ Year Old Account
    How about this answer. I have lost faith in blizz to make content for wow anymore but if the collectors edition is cool I will get it.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.