Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WOTLK got stuck on 12M whole expansion. Only start had a very small boost. They even say WOTLK Lost some subs before quarter ended, but cata saved it.
    So "saving" is triggering a subscriber decrease? Losing subs is better than remaining stable? That's why you're not a CEO.

BTW, it's not Cata itself that "saved it" (saved what? there are NO significant sub loss at quarter end), it's the hype about cata that brought in a marginal number of subs... and we all know how that ended.
    Last edited by beedeehee; 2015-08-05 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    because they're halfwits
    This. Speaks a lot about OP in the context he seems to be trying to dig some wisdom from their idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Bullshit. I had alts I could gear in cata with friends and family runs. Same applies today.
    Why so angry?

There's a big difference between helping low geared friends by playing your well geared main with them and playing some scrub alt even if you know the fights. Cata had too many limitations on how we could play and it introduced the separate but equal 10/25 man nonsense which we're still paying for today.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2015-08-05 at 06:21 PM.

Honestly, I think what worked really well for WotLK was more related to narrative than it was to gameplay/progression.

• An easy to follow story
    • A story that naturally progressed through each zone
    • At it's core was a good vs evil narrative
    • Featured some high profile characters
    • Had an evil villain that players understood, and still had some "cool" factor
    • Everyone could get a very quick taste of the story through the DK starter chain
    • Had an easy to follow beginning, middle and end

Because wotlk didnt get any gain.
    I'd prefer to phrase it as, it was the only model capable of holding 12.5 megasubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my perspective, WotLK was the best expansion as a complete package. This is not some nostalgia fueled proclamation, as I look back more fondly on moments from both TBC and even Cata as when I had the most fun (mostly due to who I was playing with rather than what I was doing). The reason why I think wrath was the best, is because it had it all.

From the breathtaking, awe inspiring zones that felt and played like nothing before it, to the strong lore, to end game pve and Pvp, WotLk truly offered so much to a player. Back then we still had the systems that really made WoW feel like an RPG, a feeling that is mostly gone these days. Talent trees, visiting class trainers, weapon skills, having to travel the world to collect crafting materials, all contributed to a great feeling of character progression regardless of feeling a bit grindy or cookie cutter at times.

The raiding models throughout wrath, though changing through every tier, really hit a good mark of accessibility, challenge, and needing to interact with players on your server to accomplish goals. Beginning with cata, the social aspect of raiding really started to go down hill, which is disappointing as social interaction is a pillar of MMO gameplay. I thought the system of emblem farming through heroics was a great idea for collecting last tiers gear in order to catch up, as it gave you a) a reason to do heroics and b) a catch up mechanic that you felt more in control of rather than relying on randomly itemized drops. I was not however a big fan of being able to collect current tier gear from heroics.

I do remember fondly logging on after reset to do wintergrasp in hopes of winning, then forming up pugs for VoA (both 10 and 25) before heading back to Dalaran to pick up the raid weekly and pugging to get that done before doing daily heroic and then raiding 25m ICC with my guild and still being able to pug 10m ICC later on in the week. There felt like a crazy amount of things to do when it came to end game pve, and a large majority of it relied on social interaction.

In terms of Pvp, again, social interaction comes into play, which it largely still does, but I seem to remember much more world Pvp taking place back then. Groups would fight over farming spots, daily areas, outside raids, and even in the old world. There were always city raids taking place so people could get their bear mounts. Rated Pvp had a real prestige to it outside of just titles. Gear was gated by rating and having your shoulders, helm, and weapons to show off was a visible badge of honor.

In fact, all gear was a status symbol back then, since we didn't have transmog to hide how under geared or mismatched you were. If you wanted to look good and impress people, you had to earn it.

Overall, wrath had a lot going for it, and did some things very well. Again this is just my perception, but if they announced "going back to the old way" I think I would be more hyped than if they were to announce both demon hunters and sargeras as end boss. Don't get me wrong, some things have definitely come a long way in making the game better overall since then, but there was just something special about it back then that the game largely lacks now.

TL;DR if you don't care to read it, just skip to the next post.
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

Deleted
    Why do people think recycled content and content skipping is good?

Because wotlk didnt get any gain.
    It also didn't lose 4.4M in 2 quarters
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.