Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    The fuck? That's not warm inside. I keep my apartment at 25c-27c.
    I keep my townhouse at 20C or lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    We just... Need to stop giving these people screen time.
    This. This. This.

THIS!!

Oh, and I agree with the quoted statement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Lounging around in your underwear =/= office work.
    Besides, any comparison that doesn't include humidity, at the very least, is borderline pointless.
    I'm not sitting in underwear. It's like 23c in my apartment right now due to me having the windows open before and I'm sitting fully clothed, wrapped in a blanket. <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that unhealthy? o.o
    Read up about it..... there's plenty of info to be found..
    But the general rule of thumb.
    Bedroom at night ideally 20C
    Daytime room temp ideally 22C but not more than 24C.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-08-05 at 03:54 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Anyway.... OP:
    what a bunch of nonsense... lol
    Those chicks have no fucking idea..... Guess what, if it was sexually motivated..... We'd crank the heat up!!!
    We'd make you drop your clothes not put more on..
    Dumb bitches..
    The phrase "It's a bit nippy" says you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    This. This. This.

Oh, and I agree with the quoted statement.
    That's why you need to spam memes and oversize pics?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The phrase "It's a bit nippy" says you are wrong.
    I see what you did there

Deleted
    Read up about it..... there's plenty of info to be found..
    But the general rule of thumb.... In Fahrenheit now

Bedroom at night ideally 20C
    Daytime room temp ideally 22C but not more than 24C.
    Idk what to even search for to get anything worthwhile, all I get is stuff about "hyresgästföreningen" saying you have to be able to get it down to at most 26c in the summer. 20c would be impossible for me to obtain here, unless it's in the winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sitting in underwear. It's like 23c in my apartment right now due to me having the windows open before and I'm sitting fully clothed, wrapped in a blanket. <.<
    73 (23c) is not cold! That's t-shirt weather.

Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Please tell me how this actually made a news channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could say this is the dumbest thing I've seen all week.

But it isn't...

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk what to even search for to get anything worthwhile, all I get is stuff about "hyresgästföreningen" saying you have to be able to get it down to at most 26c in the summer. 20c would be impossible for me to obtain here, unless it's in the winter.
    That's a different thing though..
    You can't make much of a difference because you have no A/C.. But if you do, you should live within these parameters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Please tell me how this actually made a news channel.
    It's Sky News filling up the "nothing is bloody happening" section of their programming.

Odd to think that this and Fox News are related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing sex from the equation completely, let's look at temperature control logically. Whether it is summer or winter, it is ALWAYS best to err on the side of keeping things cooler because you can always add layers, but you cannot (at the office) remove them or dress down.

It's summer and you're in the office and it's too cold, I feel for you because it's not fun being uncomfortable in any weather, but you can always add layers. Always.

Deleted
    That's a different thing though..
    You can't make much of a difference because you have no A/C.. But if you do, you should live within these parameters.
    I do have an AC(It makes a lot of noise though, so I don't keep it on in the evenings). Lowest I can push it down to is like 22c, can't get it any colder when I put it on 18c. Too much heat is generated by the sun shining on the building and through the windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgOQBJEV-k

I don't even know what to say any more, the jokes and parodies can't keep up.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, even if it was set towards mens comfort because their body temp runs hotter or whatever, then I think that's fine. Not because "MEN ARE AWSUM" or whatever, but simply because it is much easier to wear warmer clothes than it is to cool yourself down. Someone is going to be uncomfortable either way, it might as well be the people who have an easier solution to the problem.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are certainly a lot of sexist things, but I don't think air conditioning is one of them.

I honestly think this comes down to dress code in offices. Men don't wear shorts or t-shirts to offices, and I can assure you if they did they would likely get just as cold. Women wear can, and do wear both pants and long sleeved shirts but also quite frequently wear skirts and/or wear short sleeved shirts, which will naturally make you feel colder as you aren't wearing nearly as much fabric.

No doubt there might be biological reasons as well, but I think most of the problem stems from accepted dress code in office spaces. Just add layers, it's a lot easier than removing layers in a work place environment, lol.

Deleted
    I got the solution. Instead of wearing a summer dress, put a fucking suit on like the men are expected to. Then, when your male co-workers turn the AC down so that they don't sweat their balls off, you wont be cold either.

No sexism, just stupidity.

Air movement contributes to thermal sensation (along with temperature, humidity, and several other factors). My point is that simple comparisons don't apply, not that your 27ºC environment is or isn't comfortable. Which it very well may be, if humidity is substantially low, for instance (but it certainly lies on the borderline uncomfortable, even in winter).
    Last edited by nextormento; 2015-08-05 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have an AC(It makes a lot of noise though, so I don't keep it on in the evenings). Lowest I can push it down to is like 22c, can't get it any colder when I put it on 18c. Too much heat is generated by the sun shining on the building and through the windows.
    Ahh.... then your A/C isn't properly suited, it's too weak, doesn't produce enough BTU. I've had a situation like that with a room that was essentially right below the roof with not enough sufficient insulation... The AC ran like nonstop, and still didn't bring the temperature down significantly, in the summer.
    A different, properly sized AC fixed it.

You could find that out actually.. using a btu calculator
    https://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm...properly_sized