Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    is everyone with a gun a super hero? they can register a threat from 100 yards away?
    I used the modifier "likely" as I cant know what ever gun owner is going to do.

But given the culture its "likely" that a gun owner would have recognized the threat due to the security conscious mindset that often comes with gun ownership.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Wrong time to drop an N bomb if you ask me.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Its a mob of people on an empty street at night and he decides to walk through them.

Its a foolish move.
    So a mob of black people are the same thing as a mob of barbaric animals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously this is racially motivated and black people can be as racist as anyone else, but jesus, the other half of the OP is that this guy would get super powers if he had a gun

- - - Updated - - -

I used the modifier "likely" as I cant know what ever gun owner is going to do.

But given the culture its "likely" that a gun owner would have recognized the threat due to the security conscious mindset that often comes with gun ownership.
    so he would have pulled out his gun automatically while walking, thats insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Because you started the thread saying a gun will help you against a group of people
    Please directly quote where I said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    O
    so he would have pulled out his gun automatically while walking, thats insane.
    I think the logical approach when recognizing danger from a distance would be to avoid it.

Would you agree?
    MAGA

"If you don't own a gun and carry it on you at all times, mind telling me what makes you think you wont be the next target?"

The implication being: have a gun and this won't happen to you.

And don't try to tell me "that's just your interpretation" as everyone but you sees it.

It's a stupid idea that's trying to do nothing but drum up people buy guns for some weird reason. guns don't make you into a super hero, nor slow time to allow you to shoot multiple people before they close on you. Nor do they improve your perception of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    And a gun automatically gives u that power??

The guy was jumped, he would not have had time to react because guns do not grant bullet time

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    So a mob of black people are the same thing as a mob of barbaric animals?
    A mob of people on an empty street at night are ...a mob of people on an empty street at night.

Walking through them is foolish.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I think the logical approach when recognizing danger from a distance would be to avoid it.

Would you agree?
    Yes, but then he would of been branded a racist for crossing the street to avoid the black crowd. There is no winning.

A mob of people on an empty street at night are ...a mob of people on an empty street at night.

What is a mob? Because I have walked past large groups of people all the time without incident.

Also how could one tell that a group of people are going ot be voilent from a distance? I bet most wouldn't know until it was too late...
    Last edited by zEmini; 2015-08-05 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Victim blaming, got to love it.

What gem do you have for us next? Girls get raped because they dress provocatively?
    If this is seen as victim blaming it goes a long way to explaining what's wrong in America. I was explaining where i can understand the hatred comes from, nowhere did i justify the actions or blame the victim.

10+ Year Old Account

so now ur victim blaming?

Well, at least the cops (I assume) now have video and can arrest everyone that assaulted him.

Unless there is some context we are missing, but that seems very unlikely.

"If you don't own a gun and carry it on you at all times, mind telling me what makes you think you wont be the next target?"

The implication being: have a gun and this won't happen to you.

And don't try to tell me "that's just your interpretation" as everyone but you sees it.
    Well, sorry, but that is your interpretation.

Owning and carrying a gun is foremost about defense, always has been, and prevention is an added bonus if you're lucky.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account

Owning and carrying a gun is foremost about defense, always has been, and prevention is an added bonus if you're lucky.
    guns were invented for military use

Things like these is the reason why racism exists. If a certain group of people want an end to racism, they have to start by behaving like civilised people themselves first.

You're not superman because you have a gun, your dick is not as large as the gun, and you will still get the shit beaten out of you despite believing the former two.

You being general you, ofc.

Claiming that a gun will help you defend against an ambush from multiple people is a failure so hard that it should revoke license to carry until you realize what a gun actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad the guy wasn't armed, else the headline would be "Evil white man shoots another poor unarmed black"

White guy's fault for walking through a group of people, gotcha.

Claiming that a gun will help you defend against an ambush from multiple people is a failure so hard that it should revoke license to carry until you realize what a gun actually is.
    You cant speak for every possible situation.

A gun can help you defend yourself but its not the sole factor and I never claimed it was.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant speak for every possible situation.

A gun can help you defend yourself but its not the sole factor and I never claimed it was.
    U kinda do in the OP with ur last statement.

Also repeat after me
    Guns do not give people super powers
    radioactive spiders do