[Balance] Not sure if i'm pulling my weight?

Just a check with you guys if i'm doing things right, i know i fucked up my opener big time for this fight but yeah i'm still new to boomie and any feedback regarding dots up time etc would be awesome!!

logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=6

bump bump
    Last edited by sinofasin; 2015-08-06 at 07:02 AM.

You didn't double pot, or pot at all.

You need to dot all 3 of them at the start of the fight and just redot the first one you dotted which would be gurtogg so jubeithos will be on top of him and you get both with sunfire then next solar cycle you need to sunfire right at the start of the cycle on dia. You had 44% and 35% uptime(moonfire/sunfire) for Gurtogg, 10% and 7% on JubeiThos, and 66% and 53% on Dia. So you'll need 3 casts of moonfire total, one for each, and you should only need 2 casts of sunfire because two of the bosses are stacked up. Moonfire lasts 2 cycles, sunfire lasts one cycle. What I like to do is I have moonfire just regular and then I have a moonfire macro for mouseover. Then I can just mouseover nameplates or boss frames and not lose my target. On 3 targets you always want starfall rolling and when it comes down to two targets you just want to starfall in lunar cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by randytaylor View Post
    You didn't double pot, or pot at all.

You need to dot all 3 of them at the start of the fight and just redot the first one you dotted which would be gurtogg so jubeithos will be on top of him and you get both with sunfire then next solar cycle you need to sunfire right at the start of the cycle on dia. You had 44% and 35% uptime(moonfire/sunfire) for Gurtogg, 10% and 7% on JubeiThos, and 66% and 53% on Dia. So you'll need 3 casts of moonfire total, one for each, and you should only need 2 casts of sunfire because two of the bosses are stacked up. Moonfire lasts 2 cycles, sunfire lasts one cycle. What I like to do is I have moonfire just regular and then I have a moonfire macro for mouseover. Then I can just mouseover nameplates or boss frames and not lose my target. On 3 targets you always want starfall rolling and when it comes down to two targets you just want to starfall in lunar cycle.
    ahh apart from that, is my damage fine tho? i didn't prepot and pot because its an on farm boss (reasonable i suppose)

ofc and better dot up time

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't compare my logs to yours as our ilv is so different, but honestly as a boomkin if you're not top dps in your raid group you're doing something wrong.

Your starfall uptime is lower than mine, and I didn't actually cast it (hello HC WF SoC) that being said, starfall doesn't proc EVERY time you cast SS, so in theory if you manually choose starfall over starsurge your uptime should be higher than mine. Excluding the end of the fight.

Your fight length was 5:58 which is pretty much as bad as it can be from a boomkin perspective (aka right b4 your 3rd set of CDs)

Try pushing further into the room during windwalk. Dot EVERYTHING, and be as close to mid as you feel comfortable with so starfall can hit as many adds as possible, no point having starfall up if you're all in the back only hitting 2 mobs with it.

I find it best to single dot, and then double dot once you swap eclipses the closest adds, nuke them until inc/ca are back up then move to the further adds and double dot them all, no point spending 10 globals putting sun/moonfire on the far back adds if you're going to overwrite it 10 seconds later with CA dots.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Hope you don't mind me piggybacking of your thread but I too have a question about council. I was previously just keeping dots up on all three and single targeting the entire fight. When all three are alive, should I just use my charges to keep star fall rolling and ss when I can?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadstrong View Post
    Hope you don't mind me piggybacking of your thread but I too have a question about council. I was previously just keeping dots up on all three and single targeting the entire fight. When all three are alive, should I just use my charges to keep star fall rolling and ss when I can?
    on HC yes, on mythic you'll want to prio guthok to reduce stacks going into p2 and 3, but by then you should have hc soc.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I can't compare my logs to yours as our ilv is so different, but honestly as a boomkin if you're not top dps in your raid group you're doing something wrong.

Your starfall uptime is lower than mine, and I didn't actually cast it (hello HC WF SoC) that being said, starfall doesn't proc EVERY time you cast SS, so in theory if you manually choose starfall over starsurge your uptime should be higher than mine. Excluding the end of the fight.

Your fight length was 5:58 which is pretty much as bad as it can be from a boomkin perspective (aka right b4 your 3rd set of CDs)

Try pushing further into the room during windwalk. Dot EVERYTHING, and be as close to mid as you feel comfortable with so starfall can hit as many adds as possible, no point having starfall up if you're all in the back only hitting 2 mobs with it.

I find it best to single dot, and then double dot once you swap eclipses the closest adds, nuke them until inc/ca are back up then move to the further adds and double dot them all, no point spending 10 globals putting sun/moonfire on the far back adds if you're going to overwrite it 10 seconds later with CA dots.
    kinda late reply but i dont have the trink you see, not even the normal one, using seethe + DSI at the moment and i'll have to cast every single starfall

Is it worth switching to balance of power for this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    You must have some pretty shitty dps in your guild if you think that's true. Only way you should be top here is if you get Gurtogg fixate.