Poll: Do you a smaller mythic raiding experience?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lowering the number of players for mythic would be the best option imo (15 men mythic raids).
    If not that, then 10 men mythic coexisting with 20 men mythic is the next best option.

20 men mythic doesn't work... it made my guild, and so many other guilds just fall apart

Oh god those 10man "wannabe" raiders again.
    Nope.

What an awesome poll. Some genius must've made that to think no and keep it how it is aren't the same answer.

I posted stats in the main forum (GD), but my server has gone from 450 raiders doing Heroics in MoP consistently to 1 guild in M BRF and none in M HFC.

Even Illidan has seen about a 50% drop in number of raiders from MoP Heroics to WoD Mythic BRF, and a 90% drop from MoP Heroics to WoD M HFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    20 man Mythic is fine, adding 10 man would ruin 1 race experience for hardcore players.

Yup, making a race 40 people compete in is worth fucking over tens if not hundreds of thousands for.

Mythic raiding is in a shit state. 700 guilds killed mythic Blackhand. 1681 have killed Margok. 5k guilds killed any mythic boss in Brf compared to 20k guilds that killed the equivalent in Throne Of Thunder.
    Mythic being 20 man only has been a dismal failure. The only people it benefits is the tuning team and those that scream that 10 mans killed 25's. We haven't seen new or innovative stuff promised (except MC on furance lol).

It's another case where Blizz promised but didn't deliver.

So hell yes, I hope they do something about a smaller hardmode.

I really really hope they don't change the current raid model again. I think they've finally gotten it to a good place.

Although maybe they could loosen up the rules of 20m Mythic to allow some size scaling? Risky move though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yup, making a race 40 people compete in is worth fucking over tens if not hundreds of thousands for.

Mythic raiding is in a shit state. 700 guilds killed mythic Blackhand. 1681 have killed Margok. 5k guilds killed any mythic boss in Brf compared to 20k guilds that killed the equivalent in Throne Of Thunder.
    Mythic being 20 man only has been a dismal failure. The only people it benefits is the tuning team and those that scream that 10 mans killed 25's. We haven't seen new or innovative stuff promised (except MC on furance lol).

Very spot on. In my opinion.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Raiding should be the one thing they don't alter in any dramatic way as it is right now.

They already had their experiment with 10m. It's not going to happen.

Edit: And to the decline in guilds killing mythic bosses. Have you seen the subscription count? Of course there are going to be less and less guilds, less people are playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Misleading poll.

And the answer is no. I like 20man. Hell I'll put it back at 25man if given the option.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Yep, agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    "Mythic is fine!!!!"

Meanwhile even Midwinter is having attendance issues. Having to have a constant roster of 20 players when the population dropped by half over the course of the expansion is not reasonable.
    They keep the roster small for obvious reason. They keep the best and expect all of them to be there 100% attendance on progress. If they wanted they could have had a much bigger roster.
    Those people they were planning to use on some fights were not there. And recruiting someone for mythic mannoroth and mythic archimonde the first 3 weeks of mythic isn't going to be an easy task.
    If their raiders don't attend, disappear, have connection issues and so on doesn't mean 20 man mythic is the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt they would make that change. The 10 man guilds make a bunch of fuss over it but honestly what the hell do you think people did in BC when you HAD to get 25 people to do certain raids? Usually 2 10 man guilds would team up and run shit. Now mind you people are less prone to do that these days but having a set raid size makes tuning MUCH easier. You don't have to worry about trying to make 2 fights about the same for 2 different raid sizes.

I don't but I have no real doubt it's going to come for the metric ton of whine all over the place for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    "Mythic is fine!!!!"
    Meanwhile even Midwinter is having attendance issues. Having to have a constant roster of 20 players when the population dropped by half over the course of the expansion is not reasonable.
    That's such a dumb argument there are less than a handful individuals willing and able to do that kind of progress. There aren't even enough players around to get three guilds competing for #1 in fact there are hardly two.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2015-08-06 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewlies View Post
    20 Man Mythic is the best thing for raiding since the 25 man shrink. Any smaller and you lose what hard mode MMO Group raiding is all about. All though they DO need to help out smaller servers in recruiting for mythic (I.E more connections or cross realm)
    That would, hopefully, make everyone happy(or at least most people). The problem I keep hearing is 'guild's falling apart because they can't get enough recruits to fill the 20 slots', so I can understand how 'bring back 10 man' can seem like an answer, but the other way to address filling the slots is...make more people available. I've been in plenty of guilds that have connections with guys across different servers.

I said a couple of times, but they should scale DUNGEONS from 5 to 10 and make the mythic IN DUNGEONS flexible and rewarding.

Well, there is really no reason to not make mythic cross-realm at this point.

Setting mythic to 20 only may solve the pointless debate about 10 v 25, but it's fucking awful for the game. Guilds under 20 have nothing to aim for. Anyone who poses the 'go elsewhere and raid' response genuinely doesn't grasp the social concepts that make an mmo function. The argument about 10 v 25 is good for the game. The most unfortunate direction blizzard has taken wow is to the larger groups and lfg elements. No new 5mans, no max difficulty smaller raids, push people to tour raids in lfr. Those, judging by subs, don't look like ways to retain players. The least they can do is revert the awful concept of one raid size. Tack on removing terrible legendaries that make alts feel the crunch to grind for them to catch up and you might have a semi-decent announcement.

Really looking forward to 10man, much better raids where everyone matters, not like 20 mans where some people just have a walk in the park.