Beast Mastery in HFC

I just got archi trinket, 2p t18 and t17 (was using it until today). Is it worth to play bm on certain fights in hellfire citadel over mm?

The other in my raid plays BM, but they are scumbagging dps so whatever. It does damage, but not necessarily to priority targets. They will always have high Beastcleave dmg, but take that out and they are middle to low in dps.

Deleted
    Patchwerk fights MM is insane and cant be beaten, the burst you get with it + 4set, bm doesnt even come close, on aoe fights you can aoe whore as BM but rest of time MM beats it, plus as you start getting higher ilvl mythic weapons (which MM scales really really good), bm is out the question.

Look at all the top players in top guilds, all are MM because its by far the best spec this tier.

Deleted
    For most fights MM really is "worth more" than Bm since it A has more flat out single target DPS(despite the slight buff to Bw recently) and B can deal with priority Adds a lot better. Imho Bm can compete in a few fights under the right conditions:
    IF you have really enough add capable range DPS on Kilrogg and you can can get into the visions the Best Cleave isa killer down there as well as the incredible burst DPss after getting out from Bm stampede, trinkets and all other CDs possible.Though most times the versatility to handle adds is more important and the burst after the visions is similar as MM.
    Iskar:Is the one fight where i keep going back to BM sine we have enough focus dmg for the Boss phases and the Beast Cleve shines during Add phases as well as Bm being more comfy to play on the move with Fel incineration or Phantasmal Winds on you. But its easy to forget to send the pet onto the right Adds since iskar is still alive.
    Komrog may be ok if youre assigned to heavy rune collecting Duty and would as such not be able to stay on the boss yourself all the time.

Bm may "work" in most other fights if you have enough ranged focus dps but in most it should be a considerable DPS loss in addition to the add handling issue that hunters are usually taken along for. Also the more stationary cleave/High Hp add fights like Council, velhari wont favor Bm for the lack of Chimaera shot as Bm.

Deleted
    gave bm a try on a few bosses tonight just for personal interest. And it sucks balls, MM is just straight up better on everything. Even if you aoe cheest some fights MM does more just pumping single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    gave bm a try on a few bosses tonight just for personal interest. And it sucks balls, MM is just straight up better on everything. Even if you aoe cheest some fights MM does more just pumping single target.
    Yeah and what makes BM even worst at burst phase at start is you need frenzy stacks so you can get fel boar up when you use focus fire because it does around 20%+ of your damage otherwise BM burst is soooo weak its a joke, sometimes you can end up with 2-3 frenzy stacks after BW ends and sometimes you dont even get 1 frenzy up for ages.

MM burst is far more reliable since Rapid Fire is up at start always and all you need is Thrill of Hunt procs. And if you get lucky with Thrill of Hunt procs the burst is even more insane.

MM is by far best spec to play but if you like to relax in raids instead of aiming for top log rankings etc then BM is fine to play.
    Last edited by mmoc9947589dfb; 2015-08-07 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    You can play BM and be effective on a few bosses, even more if for any reason, your raid lacks AoE. HFA, iskar, xhulorac or mannoroth are good bosses for BM and you won't fall behind on prio targets unless some weird positioning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    You can play BM and be effective on a few bosses, even more if for any reason, your raid lacks AoE. HFA, iskar, xhulorac or mannoroth are good bosses for BM and you won't fall behind on prio targets unless some weird positioning.
    only fights BM good at is iskar and xhulhorac, thats about it ( for aoe whoring ), manaroth you can easily switch to Lone Wolf and still do well if not beat BM easily, the adds on manaroth are usally spread about so you cant beast cleave alot plus pet has to travel alot which means you lose dps.

No reason to play BM this tier unless like i said you wont go for top ranks and want to chill in raids, MM is good at every fight and on aoe fights it still does well. End of story m8

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    I'd think that not changing your stat priority was certainly not helping you. Your haste is almost non-existent and mastery very low. BM would not work well

Quote Originally Posted by Asasyn View Post
    I just got archi trinket, 2p t18 and t17 (was using it until today). Is it worth to play bm on certain fights in hellfire citadel over mm?
    For normal and heroic fights, I'm finding that for Single target that my t17 heroic/mythic 4pc with t18 trinks is working better. I'm undecided on AOE but running the split 2pc with T18 trinks seems good.

I don't believe I relax during raids but I def enjoy BM over MM. I play it better than other specs and its kept me competitive with my peers. I'm sure that I won't be changing unless my inability hampers my guild's raid progress. Probably not We may not see Mythic this tier so take my advice as you will